Behold Da Bearz!

vike daddy

7 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

It’s only a matter of time before they flat out release him. They aren’t even going to get a calendar year from him. Yikes!

And he clearly doesn't get it, with his comments from last week.  He's burned bridges on 2 teams already. 

4 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I believe the Bears are suffering from what's always a risk when you tear a team completely down...that you create a culture of losing.  And it's one that's hard to get out of. 

That has been the case for over a decade, though. Tear down, retool, taking big swings, it hasn't mattered. This is a poorly run franchise, and the ownership/executives are to blame.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JDBrocks said:

That has been the case for over a decade, though. Tear down, retool, taking big swings, it hasn't mattered. This is a poorly run franchise, and the ownership/executives are to blame.

I imagine that George McCaskey is much of the issue now, but I had placed a lot of blame on Ted Phillips, because he was never qualified to even run the organization.  But, now that he's gone, it'll be up to our guy Kevin to fix it...and he inherited both Poles and Eberflus, as they were hired before he was. 

34 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I believe the Bears are suffering from what's always a risk when you tear a team completely down...that you create a culture of losing.  And it's one that's hard to get out of. 

Which is precisely why I'm against the "tear it all down and tank" philosophy. It just breeds discontent and apathy in the organization. Bad teams can become better. Bad organizations don't generally seem to pull out of the spiral until wholesale changes are made from ownership on down.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, swede700 said:

Not Trey Lance and Josh Rosen?   😉

Nope. I was flat out wrong about Rosen, and Lance went to a good team, things just didn’t work out. Maybe you could play the “what if” in regards to Lance’s injuries, but I was meaning more in terms of situation they were drafted into.

If the Bears’ organization was wise, and they ultimately finish with the 1st overall pick, they’d clean house again. 

Hire a new GM like Rick Spielman. A GM with prior experience and a decent track record, and one who would at least get the team back on track. 

Hire an offensive minded head coach who can work with a young QB. I’d do my damnedest to steal Ben Johnson from the Lions. 

Then draft Caleb Williams and Marvin Harrison Jr. 

• Like 3