Packers trade Brett Hudley QB to Seahawks

49erurtaza

12 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

How ironic that your "standard" manages to fit in between the number of games that Hundley has played and Peterman has played.  Unless you have something to support your stance that a half a season, I'm done.  Hell, I'm not over here making outrageous claims like Dalvin Cook is injury prone.

I kept my opinion to about 8 games for Bradford and Keenum as well the past 2 years.

8 hours ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

Ya, which is a bummer. Guys that seem to be hard workers but still don't get it to 'click' are the saddest cases of NFL washouts. Its like someone that is fired from their job simply for not being good rather than being late, unreliable, have substance issues, etc. Just sucking is way more sad.

The thing I don't understand is that when you are a superstar you get labeled as having the best work ethic compared to everyone else. When in reality there are dozens of guys putting in the same amount of work, and effort, but it just doesn't pan out for them. So no one cares.

A lot if people say this about Jerry Rice or Peyton Manning. I highly doubt there weren't others that worked just as hard with the opportunities afforded to them. At the end of the day though they just weren't as talented. 

7 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Was expecting 3 1sts for the Hundley man, based on his preseason stats. I'm totally shocked he only went for a 6th. lol

But really, maybe now that he's with a better coaching staff he can realize his potential.

I would smack you in real life if I ever met you, but I think the criminal justice system frowns upon hitting minors. lol

7 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

I wasn't a fan of Hundleymania even going back to his days at UCLA.

You mean Kizer? I don't think anyone saw him as the #1 overall pick in his draft. Not even close.

Hundley has the cheap contract going for him, but that hasn't saved other cheap backup QBs who saw meaningful playing time. I don't think Hundley is much different from any other 3rd string QB.

I guess there is no reason to hate on this. The Packers got something for a guy who had no future on their team, and Seattle got a QB who should be marginally better than the guys they we trotting out there.

When Hundley was RS Soph he was ABSOLUTELY talked about as a #1 pick when he came out after Jr year. Hell I was sure of it. So were others. FFS, it was all over ESPN at one point coming into the season that teams looked at him as potentially the 1 overall pick his Jr year. I know you're super mad we liked a player, but get over it dude. 75% of it was tongue in cheek that went over your head but you had to run back to your forum and tell everyone the tales of GB homerism.

7 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

I remember there being a day on this forum where his value was made up to be that of a first round pick and more. I never understood Hundleys praise, but I guess Kizer will be the new Packers backup with undeserved hype. How's he looked?

Like Deshone Kizer looks. He's huge and throws hard. He looks amazing 25%, raw and doesn't quite get it 50%, holy **** WTF about the 25 left, more or less. More than cool with giving him time and watching it play out, load of raw talent there and by all accounts a sharp kid, despite his rep.

7 hours ago, Fl0nkerton said:

Yeesh Vikes fans are being awfully salty about stuff that doesn't involve their team.

Glad they got something for him. Class act. Wish him the best.

All Vikings fans have it making fun of the Packers whenever possible. It's a sad little existence methinks lol

4 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

what makes GB's current coaching any better than what Seattle has? I don't see it.

Even the long time argument that McCarthy made Rodgers doesn't hold when Brohm, Tolzien, Harrell, Callahan, Williams, Hill and now Hundley haven't developed into anything. McCarthy's greatest success outside Rodgers is Matt Flynn.

Holy ****, are you telling me FIVE UDFA QBs didn't prosper. Holy ****, how does Mac still have a job?

If only you were this critical of the team you root for instead of living for whining about whatever the team you wish you rooted for was doing. That I'd like to read. Speaking of that, how the crap are you not on my ignore by now lol. 

4 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

The Vikings went 13-3 with a career backup QB last year.

Some coaches's success are a product of their QB's play, like Mike McCarthy. I'd take Carroll over him.

You said coaching STAFF now it's head coaches, Pete isn't even an offensive coach. I bet he fixes Hundley right up though.

7 minutes ago, Norm said:

Like Deshone Kizer looks. He's huge and throws hard. He looks amazing 25%, raw and doesn't quite get it 50%, holy **** WTF about the 25 left, more or less. More than cool with giving him time and watching it play out, load of raw talent there and by all accounts a sharp kid, despite his rep.

His rep in Cleveland was always pretty good - acted like a leader and a pro and I don’t think anyone thought he was dumb, just that he was inexperienced and utterly failed by everyone in Cleveland (for putting him in way too early)

1 minute ago, mistakey said:

His rep in Cleveland was always pretty good - acted like a leader and a pro and I don’t think anyone thought he was dumb, just that he was inexperienced and utterly failed by everyone in Cleveland (for putting him in way too early)

Maybe it was just from my POV, felt like when he came out there was talk he wasn't super bright then the numbers he put up there, from outside, it felt like people just thought he was just another bonehead with some physical talent.

32 minutes ago, Norm said:

I would smack you in real life if I ever met you, but I think the criminal justice system frowns upon hitting minors. lol

I'm taking bets in the Vikings forum that you won't do it. You better hurry and check it out!!

Jk

Honestly, I don't expect Hundley to figure it out. Yeah, he's with a better coaching staff that knows what they're doing, but he looks so lost out there that I doubt any amount of help fixes him. 

I'll miss him in the Green and Gold, as will his favorite target last season, Harrison Smith.

8 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Why does everyone insist it's one thing or the other with regards to Kaepernick?  It's a combination of all the issues.

There are other factors but i do believe he would have a back up job if it wasn't for his political stances. 

Some pretty hasty generalizations being made in here. Not all Vikings fans here or elsewhere really care about the Packers, other than beating them when the teams play. Don't let the comments of one or two people be representative of the whole demographic.

Archived