Aaron Rodgers Agrees To New Deal

packfanfb

Just now, packfanfb said:

Not the best source, but anyone confirm the freed-up cap number? 

Depends on how they structured it.  On first glance, that number seems a bit wrong.  Even if they turned his entire 2018 base salary and folded it into the signing bonus plus the veteran minimum, that'd make his cap hit something like $12.5M give or take.  His cap hit this year is $20.5M, so I believe they're only saving ~$8M.

I want his cap number to go DOWN in following years.  Our team is good enough right now to win a Super Bowl if Petrine plus the improved corner position elevates our defense to even 4 points less than what we gave up last year and our front 7 is healthy come playoff time.  

We could legitimately become a dynasty with three Super Bowl wins in the next 6 years if we have enough to re-sign our own and add requisite veteran contracts in free agency.  With those two first round picks next year and Rodgers, if his cap hit goes down, I don't recall a team in better shape over a five year outlook.

5 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I want his cap number to go DOWN in following years.  Our team is good enough right now to win a Super Bowl if Petrine plus the improved corner position elevates our defense to even 4 points less than what we gave up last year and our front 7 is healthy come playoff time.  

We could legitimately become a dynasty with three Super Bowl wins in the next 6 years if we have enough to re-sign our own and add requisite veteran contracts in free agency.  With those two first round picks next year and Rodgers, if his cap hit goes down, I don't recall a team in better shape over a five year outlook.

that's a pretty big jump

Archived