What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

17 hours ago, twslhs20 said:

So I need some PChem help.

2. For each of the following molecules/ions: a. Determine the atomic orbitals which must mix to form molecular orbitals. b. Write a labeled energy level diagram depicting each molecular orbital. c. Write an electron configuration in terms of molecular orbitals. d. Determine the bond order.

(i) H2– (ii) Be2 (iii) C2 (iv) C22– (carbide ion) (v) N2+  (vi) O22– (peroxide ion) (vii) CN– (cyanide ion) (viii) Ne2+

I'm confident I can do B,C,and D. A has me frustrated.

I think it has to do with the linear combinations of the psi function, but I'm unsure.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I'm going to the library to work on a paper for a lab experiment.

For A, is this just supposed to be which orbital the bond would be formed in?

So H2 would just be S1 since there's one electron, Be2 would be S2 since there are 4 electrons (and this couldn't exist since the valence electrons would be more stable as just 4 and 4), C2 would have to be a quadruple bond, but that couldn't happen because even though you have 4 electrons the first two are going to be in the S orbital but theoretically it'd have to be S2, P1X, P1Y, and P1Z.

Half of my hate of PChem is that I never know what the professor was asking.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99

18 hours ago, twslhs20 said:

So I need some PChem help.

2. For each of the following molecules/ions: a. Determine the atomic orbitals which must mix to form molecular orbitals. b. Write a labeled energy level diagram depicting each molecular orbital. c. Write an electron configuration in terms of molecular orbitals. d. Determine the bond order.

(i) H2– (ii) Be2 (iii) C2 (iv) C22– (carbide ion) (v) N2+  (vi) O22– (peroxide ion) (vii) CN– (cyanide ion) (viii) Ne2+

I'm confident I can do B,C,and D. A has me frustrated.

I think it has to do with the linear combinations of the psi function, but I'm unsure.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I'm going to the library to work on a paper for a lab experiment.

Well, it starts with the flux capacitor. Once you maintain a power source that can generate 1.21 gigawatts of energy, you'll have to maintain 88 miles an hour and you'll find yourself opening up a path to travel through time. 

Once that's done, you've got to make sure coefficient bonds maintain their integrity. For that, you have to go three levels deep - remember the rule, go one level deep to extract an idea, three levels deep to put an idea in.

So, you got your path through time and your idea - what now? Well, you'll need a Maester with some Milk of the Poppy along with some dragonglass (some say that you can use some Valeryan steel, but I don't personally buy that - but if you have some Valeryan steel, don't be afraid to use it). If you know someone who can get you to Braavos, then you're even better. There might be a back door through the quantum realm, but you'll need to whip up some Pym Particles - and who has time for that? 

Good luck, been a while since I've done PChem. Double check your math in case I didn't carry the one.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Well, it starts with the flux capacitor. Once you maintain a power source that can generate 1.21 gigawatts of energy, you'll have to maintain 88 miles an hour and you'll find yourself opening up a path to travel through time. 

Once that's done, you've got to make sure coefficient bonds maintain their integrity. For that, you have to go three levels deep - remember the rule, go one level deep to extract an idea, three levels deep to put an idea in.

So, you got your path through time and your idea - what now? Well, you'll need a Maester with some Milk of the Poppy along with some dragonglass (some say that you can use some Valeryan steel, but I don't personally buy that - but if you have some Valeryan steel, don't be afraid to use it). If you know someone who can get you to Braavos, then you're even better. There might be a back door through the quantum realm, but you'll need to whip up some Pym Particles - and who has time for that? 

Good luck, been a while since I've done PChem. Double check your math in case I didn't carry the one.

Your pap-pap must have taught you the value of making a list when you want to do something right.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I feel like you're missing a description of a wormhole where you fold a piece of paper, pierce it with a pencil, and then unfold the piece of paper with the 2 holes far apart.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I feel like you're missing a description of a wormhole where you fold a piece of paper, pierce it with a pencil, and then unfold the piece of paper with the 2 holes far apart.

We'll get into anatomy later.

Edit: Oh, wait. You said WORMhole.

42 minutes ago, ET80 said:

This is the nerdiest thing I have ever read. And the fact that I understood all the references makes me a nerd to. You are making me a nerd. Take it back.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

Life is much easier when you blame someone else for your problems. So I am sticking to my theory that ET80 made me a nerd. 

Hypothesis, not theory. Theories are explanations of scientific phenomena which have supporting data, which you don't have. As a result, I'm officially taking your Nerd Card. Now you won't be able to use that for free admission to Comic Con...unless you just walk in our bouncers are pretty tiny.

21 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

This is the nerdiest thing I have ever read. And the fact that I understood all the references makes me a nerd to. You are making me a nerd. Take it back.

Now that you've admitted to be one of us, there's no going back. Welcome to the group. I've included your starter kit

38250049-front-view-black-nerd-glasses-w

61WAmg03lWL._AC_SX425_.jpg

GUEST_ac85d06a-98b1-43a2-9c9f-26c2207d5f

10311105-stack-of-textbooks-isolated-on-

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Hypothesis, not theory. Theories are explanations of scientific phenomena which have supporting data, which you don't have. As a result, I'm officially taking your Nerd Card. Now you won't be able to use that for free admission to Comic Con...unless you just walk in our bouncers are pretty tiny.

Here is where you are wrong. There is a casual correlation between ET80s nerd comment and me turning into a nerd. Due to that, I can technically call it a theory - even if wrong. 

7 minutes ago, MrDrew said:

Now that you've admitted to be one of us, there's no going back. Welcome to the group. I've included your starter kit

38250049-front-view-black-nerd-glasses-w

61WAmg03lWL._AC_SX425_.jpg

GUEST_ac85d06a-98b1-43a2-9c9f-26c2207d5f

10311105-stack-of-textbooks-isolated-on-

This makes me feel dirty. I am now going to get on tinder and have relations with the next girl that swipes right. I dont care if she is a beluga whale, I need something to get this stain off of me. 

Edited by Matts4313

11 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

This makes me feel dirty. I am now going to get on tinder and have relations with the next girl that swipes right. I dont care if she is a beluga whale, I need something to get this stain off of me. 

Because that will absolutely prove that you’re not a nerd.

• Like 2