What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

30 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

I was definitely exaggerating for that 3 hour bit but I've been timing it all week and my actual commute is even longer than I thought it was. 1 hour and 5-10 minutes to get to work and 1 hour and 10-15 minutes to get home. Coming home in the afternoon is slightly longer due to more traffic I guess. I do take an express bus from my suburb but I don't think driving myself would save me any time on a normal day, if anything, driving would only be shorter on a handful of days of the year, at a significantly higher cost in both dollars and peace of mind. 

I'm kind of just arguing with myself here. I've mostly considered myself a frugal person and trying to justify to myself that spending more money isn't an easy task. 

It all depends on where your work is located, but when I got my current job I specifically moved across the street from my work so that I could walk/bike to work and not deal with that commute. Aside from gas expenditures, the pure additional time you get each day not driving to/from work is spectacular. I would always recommend living as close to work as possible so that you maximize your free time outside of work, like @ramssuperbowl99 said.

1 hour ago, skywindO2 said:

I was definitely exaggerating for that 3 hour bit but I've been timing it all week and my actual commute is even longer than I thought it was. 1 hour and 5-10 minutes to get to work and 1 hour and 10-15 minutes to get home. Coming home in the afternoon is slightly longer due to more traffic I guess. I do take an express bus from my suburb but I don't think driving myself would save me any time on a normal day, if anything, driving would only be shorter on a handful of days of the year, at a significantly higher cost in both dollars and peace of mind. 

I'm kind of just arguing with myself here. I've mostly considered myself a frugal person and trying to justify to myself that spending more money isn't an easy task. 

There's a difference between being frugal and being cheap. A frugal person evaluates the impact, and when there's a real quality of life change, spends the money knowing the value. A cheap person doesn't.

Personally, I'd spend the money, but if it bothers you, maybe commit to taking that extra 2 hours and doing something productive two or three times a week. Step up workouts, apply for jobs, learn a foreign language, date/sign up for a dating site, whatever that thing is. 

12 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

You can join the FF Texan club, partner. We're having our meeting at the big belt buckle convention this week. It's going to be a lot of fun! Yee yee!

Git yet 10 Gallon hat, bolo tie and your guns from God, it's gunna be a git down! Yeeeeee Haaaaaaw!!!

edn0a47.gif

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

You can join the FF Texan club, partner. We're having our meeting at the big belt buckle convention this week. It's going to be a lot of fun! Yee yee!

Wait. 

Hold on, wait a minute.

You live here now? 

Im just a little bit shook up, thats all that is.

10 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

My TV randomly will switch to HBO while I am on Netflix. It happens pretty much everyday. 

Is this a sign that Satan has taken over my home? 

Satan prefers Starz. I think Poseidon is the HBO fan.

6 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Wait. 

Hold on, wait a minute.

You live here now? 

Im just a little bit shook up, thats all that is.

Yep. I've lived in Texas for a year now.