What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

4 minutes ago, Bednarik60 said:

Your going to have to explain what deep fried nachos are?

Mashed up tortilla chips and Doritos, softened with jalapeno juice (pretty sure it's the pickling liquid from the canned pickled jalapenos), mixed with pepper jack cheese and deep-fried, then topped with nacho cheese and pickled jalapenos.

Also just found out there's a Chile Relleno Pretzel Cheeseburger (chorizo patty, jalapeno jam, chile relleno on a pretzel bun).  I'm finding room for that.

I don't think you should be allowed to ride bikes on the road on main roads during peak hours of commute. of the city like 6-10 AM, 4-7 PM. 

In Portland bicyclist are everywhere, and way to aggressive and way to careless.

Most of our streets look like this, they are supposed to be two lane roads on each other, but F$%** IDIOTS park in them and the city never enforces it(cause if they did they would have a parking crisis) .. So your basically down to single lane roads when it should be two. What bicyclist love to do is ride a few feet from those cars splitting the dead lane people parking in and the lane people are currently driving in.. and its create a log jam of traffic for miles. And they won't let you pass, they will  try to swerve into if you and actually try and get it on purpose if you try and pass them. They literally want you and 20-30 cars to ride behind them at 15 MPH down a single lane road that really lane should be a two lane road. 

street-parking.jpg

THIS CITY IS TRASH. ONE OF THE DUMBEST CITIES IN AMERICA. 

I now live in Vancouver(just across the river from Portland) and there is tons of open sidewalk usually with no one on it and i see people riding there bikes all the time on the sidewalk and never ever even have a interaction with them maybe outside of letting them cross at a stop sign. I see them on the sidewalk cruising , no chance of nothing hitting them and im like "yeah that looks dope, i should get a bike, be good exercises for the ol legs!" 

27 minutes ago, l3lind golfer said:

I really don't like the way this new forums looks.  Maybe it's just the fact that this is all brand new to me.  Keep in mind that I did not post on any other forums and I never really visited any other forums, either.  Obviously Reddit is super popular and I tried to get into it, but I hate the interface of it and how everything seems cluttered.  I honestly prefer the old forum.  A lot of the new features on this forum a lot of people are excited about don't matter to me and the visual look of it is not appealing.  At least there's still the original forum, at least for now.

You're blind, what do you know?

30 minutes ago, l3lind golfer said:

I really don't like the way this new forums looks.  Maybe it's just the fact that this is all brand new to me.  Keep in mind that I did not post on any other forums and I never really visited any other forums, either.  Obviously Reddit is super popular and I tried to get into it, but I hate the interface of it and how everything seems cluttered.  I honestly prefer the old forum.  A lot of the new features on this forum a lot of people are excited about don't matter to me and the visual look of it is not appealing.  At least there's still the original forum, at least for now.

LOL We hitting the blush this morning or what sir?

I hate bike lanes. And I say that as someone who loves riding my bicycle everywhere. I legitimately don't feel safe sharing the road with cars, not because I don't trust them, but because you're hard as hell to see especially if you're in their blind spot. Sometimes it's difficult to see a full sized vehicle in your blind spot, a biker is nearly invisible at the right angle. I rather just ride on the sidewalk but I understand in busier cities that's not the way things work. Granted people in Florida drive like absolute maniacs (mainly New Yorkers :P) so my view might be a bit skewed.

Just now, Desperado82 said:

You say that like it's a bad thing...

I mean, it just makes you a dirty person. Not judging though.

1 minute ago, Bednarik60 said:

@The LBC damn Daniel! That sounds so intense and awesome. What you think about them?

Haven't had them yet.  I'll post up later.  We actually haven't got to the Fair yet - about a block away (I'm on my phone, my wife is driving).  Those were pictures sent to me by friends of mine so I know what's new and what's worth spending money on.

Just now, Phire said:

I hate bike lanes. And I say that as someone who loves riding my bicycle everywhere. I legitimately don't feel safe sharing the road with cars, not because I don't trust them, but because you're hard as hell to see especially if you're in their blind spot. Sometimes it's difficult to see a full sized vehicle in your blind spot, a biker is nearly invisible at the right angle. I rather just ride on the sidewalk but I understand in busier cities that's not the way things work. Granted people in Florida drive like absolute maniacs (mainly New Yorkers :P) so my view might be a bit skewed.

I agree, took me some time to get used to having a car zoom by you knowing that they could be on their phone and accidentally pound you from behind if they happen to swerve at the wrong moment. I would almost love to have a divider up so I wouldn't always need to be watching over my shoulder if I hear a car getting close. 

1 minute ago, Phire said:

People need to realize they aren't that special and steel isn't that forgiving. Even Joey Harrington got hit by a car lol

Former Oregon Ducks and NFL quarterback Joey Harrington was injured when he was hit by a sport utility vehicle while bicycling in southeast Portland on Sunday night.   

Harrington is hospitalized with a broken collar bone, a punctured lung and a cut on his head. He is expected to remain in the hospital until Tuesday.    Portland police say the 33-year-old Harrington was hit from behind by a passing SUV driven by a 26-year-old man who remained at the scene and co-operated with investigators. The man was cited for following too close.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/football/nfl/former-nfl-qb-harrington-struck-injured-by-suv-1.1059010