What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

Anyone up for another tipping debate?

Almost a month ago I took a flight with a layover. I made it to my final destination, my checked baggage was left behind at the layover airport. I was assured that my bag would be on the same flight the next day and would be delivered to my hotel sometime shortly after arrival. It ended up getting delivered the morning after the flight and I had just enough time to change into clean clothes before heading out for the day. What really bothers me is I was expected to tip the guy that drove my bag from the airport? It only amounted to about $3 but still, why should I pay for a service I shouldn't have needed? Tipping sucks.

Is it worth following up with the air line for any compensation here? I mean, I did get my bag and they have a pretty clearly written 48 hour missing bag policy but I'm still really peeved by it. 

2 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

Almost a month ago I took a flight with a layover. I made it to my final destination, my checked baggage was left behind at the layover airport. I was assured that my bag would be on the same flight the next day and would be delivered to my hotel sometime shortly after arrival. It ended up getting delivered the morning after the flight and I had just enough time to change into clean clothes before heading out for the day. What really bothers me is I was expected to tip the guy that drove my bag from the airport? It only amounted to about $3 but still, why should I pay for a service I shouldn't have needed? Tipping sucks.

Is it worth following up with the air line for any compensation here? I mean, I did get my bag and they have a pretty clearly written 48 hour missing bag policy but I'm still really peeved by it. 

Its $3. Its not worth you even thinking about it. Thats not even a meal at the cheapest fast food place you can imagine. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

Did you pay extra for the bag to be with you that day instead of the next day? If so I could see going after some compensation there. But compensation for the $3 tip? Wasting your time imo. It’s enough to complain about on social media but not enough to seek vengeance imo 

7 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

If restaurants wanted to pay their employees a livable and competitive wage instead of minimum wage, I'm all for abolishing tipping as a standard and making it completely optional (if the person went above and beyond).

However, as it stands now, I fully understand tipping and why it's necessary. The tricky part for me is always figuring out when I'm supposed to tip in other situations outside of the very commonly known situations.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Tyty said:

Did you pay extra for the bag to be with you that day instead of the next day? If so I could see going after some compensation there. But compensation for the $3 tip? Wasting your time imo. It’s enough to complain about on social media but not enough to seek vengeance imo 

Good enough tbh.

36 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

This feels wrong in every sense. My bones are tingly. This isnt Texas football. 

Most of the Texans weren't raised in Texas, so it doesn't count.

Buncha damn yankees on the roster there is!!

• Like 1