What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

This feels wrong in every sense. My bones are tingly. This isnt Texas football. 

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

Most of the Texans weren't raised in Texas, so it doesn't count.

Buncha damn yankees on the roster there is!!

It's that goddam Yankee Bill O'Brien!

• Like 1

So my son has a stupid friend that has a terrible mom apparently. I told him before school he was going to clean his room as soon as he got home. His buddy said parents can't MAKE them do anything, and that I can't make him clean. He dug his heels in and refused to clean. He still, as of 8:30 CST, hasn't had dinner or his normal after school snack. He locked his door, so I just flipped the breaker to his room. Looked up the stairs and he is sitting in the hallway, really upset. Said he just wants to eat and go to bed.

Felt bad for him, so I tossed up my little flashlight and told him to clean before the battery dies. He has until 9:30 to get the room clean or misses dinner entirely, and is benched for the game tomorrow if he can't get the room clean by 9. He will go to the game while I coach and explain to the payers why he can't play. He broke down, cried and apologized and told me everything. 

Sounds like Taz up there cleaning. Kid should know not to try to out-stubborn me. He's only 8 though, he'll learn. If he gets it done before 9 I might even give him power back. I'm kinda generous too you know.

4 hours ago, ET80 said:

That moment when you realize your team now has the longest active losing streak...

giphy.gif

“But Watson is going to make my trash team better than the Jaguars. I just know it.”

Sister just texted me saying one of her lifelong best friends mixed alcohol with her meds and killed a man on a motorcycle with her car earlier. Not entirely sure what to say to her here as we’ve both been on the victim side of a similar thing but at the same time this was someone my sister was close to. Regardless, I’ll be praying for the victims family, so stupid and unfortunate that stuff like this happens. 

Ps I have my own opinions about the friend for doing this and driving while drinking anything but it won’t help the situation to rag on her to my sister who’s probably already thinking the same things 

2 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

smoke alarm going off every ten minutes and the apartment office isn't open until 10am hell yeah 

I'm sure this is something you can rectify. What type do you have?

First weekend in a while where I'm not driving all over the place. Get to stay home and ate a friendly gummy bear and watching Milton Friedman clips. What a treasure RIP.

1 minute ago, cddolphin said:

I'm sure this is something you can rectify. What type do you have?

First weekend in a while where I'm not driving all over the place. Get to stay home and ate a friendly gummy bear and watching Milton Friedman clips. What a treasure RIP.

bro i got no idea. i tried to turn one off and set it off permanently for a second until i regained my composure and screwed it back on. there's 7 in the small *** apartment i live in and they're all making different signals.

3 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

bro i got no idea. i tried to turn one off and set it off permanently for a second until i regained my composure and screwed it back on. there's 7 in the small *** apartment i live in and they're all making different signals.

That doesn't make sense. Maybe you have different state laws but where in FL you only need 3 for a 2 bedroom apartment. If they're battery operated you can just remove them and take out the batteries. If they're hardwired you can't (shouldn't) do anything. If they're the new-ish wireless-interconnect you could remove them however doing so will render it useless and it will have to be replaced and if management wants to they could charge you for replacements ($40ish each)

2 hours ago, Tyty said:

Sister just texted me saying one of her lifelong best friends mixed alcohol with her meds and killed a man on a motorcycle with her car earlier. Not entirely sure what to say to her here as we’ve both been on the victim side of a similar thing but at the same time this was someone my sister was close to. Regardless, I’ll be praying for the victims family, so stupid and unfortunate that stuff like this happens. 

Ps I have my own opinions about the friend for doing this and driving while drinking anything but it won’t help the situation to rag on her to my sister who’s probably already thinking the same things 

Wow.

That is a nightmare situation for all involved. I'm sorry for the family's loss.

3 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Wow.

That is a nightmare situation for all involved. I'm sorry for the family's loss.

Yep. Apparently she was 3x over the legal limit. Hopefully they put her away for it. Feel so bad for the guy and his family. Glad that my sister went one way and she went another so my sister didn’t make a life of bad choices like this person did. 

37 minutes ago, Tyty said:

Yep. Apparently she was 3x over the legal limit. Hopefully they put her away for it. Feel so bad for the guy and his family. Glad that my sister went one way and she went another so my sister didn’t make a life of bad choices like this person did. 

Ugh. My dad and brothers all three have a DUI to their name. Dad was a stupid 22 year old, one brother was a power drinker, and the other was actually pushing his truck after it ran out of gas down the street (sober wife was driving and forgot to get gas - then she walked home to tell him) and got called on it. Apparently pushing a stick shift down a back road without it running is still "operating" it. If I have more than 2 beers I won't even get in my truck. Not risking any stupid choices.

I hope she does get a big sentence. I'm glad your sister made the right choices too, there are way too many who don't.

Yeah both of those guys came off looking bad, obviously one worse that the other.

Wonder how that guy in the red has gotten to the point he's in now without getting beat up every other day of his life. One of my best friends in HS was kinda like that, super mouthy and instigating fights trying to get someone else to swing first so he could claim self defense. Well it worked one time, he got KO'd in shop class, one punch, and was left in a puddle of motor oil for his clothes to soak up while he came to. 

He wasn't so mouthy after that, totally changed him lol totally changed his behavior and how he talked to people. That's what ol' redshirt needed, A good KO where he defecates himself and wakes up about 5 minutes later with nothing but a viral youtube video to fill him in on how he got to that point.

• Like 1