What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

Just now, pwny said:

I agree. But somehow it works on the burger.

I’ve also gotten to the point where I just blindly trust anything he says because after years of cooking his recipes (and probably half of everything I cook is either his recipe or using techniques I’ve learned from him/his site), I’ve never been steered wrong. So it was a bit easier to say “Kenji says this will work, I’m just gonna do it”. Totally understand if you don’t have that blind faith in a recipe a stranger on a football forum sent you. 

Eh, you don’t come across as an idiot, if you say it works I believe you.

I was so hyped for the Galaxy Fold to come out but was severely disappointed it wasnt already 5g capable. I want a 5g phone not because I already have it in my area (which I dont) but I consider it an investment. I'm the type of person that doesnt get a new phone for like 2 to 3 years after my old one either really loses its luster or something major comes out, like 5g. 

So I'm torn on what I should do. I imagine the Note 10 to be 5g with superior upgrades over most models, h/e with all carriers going 5g. These phones are bound to drop in price from what they are right now. 

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Please stay on topic.

Made $30 in Blackjack today - I usually lose out quickly, but won on back to back hands so I knew I had to walk away. 

Turned that profit around at the Sports Book - put $20 on the Texans and $5 on the Patriots (simple math tells me I lose more than I win, so if my fiver can end an era, it's money well spent).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Made $30 in Blackjack today - I usually lose out quickly, but won on back to back hands so I knew I had to walk away. 

Smart man.  You’ve officially won $30 more than me.  In my life.  Total.

5 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Turned that profit around at the Sports Book - put $20 on the Texans and $5 on the Patriots (simple math tells me I lose more than I win, so if my fiver can end an era, it's money well spent).

I like the way you think sir.

• Like 1

Alright kids I need some help from the math geniuses. I'm writing a research paper on drug testing in the workplace. I want to know the statistical probability of Eric Reid getting testing 7 times out of 11 weeks in a player pool of 1696. Doesn't include practice squad, coaches, or trainers. Any help is appreciated

1 minute ago, twslhs20 said:

Alright kids I need some help from the math geniuses. I'm writing a research paper on drug testing in the workplace. I want to know the statistical probability of Eric Reid getting testing 7 times out of 11 weeks in a player pool of 1696. Doesn't include practice squad, coaches, or trainers. Any help is appreciated

how many people are tested each week?

Just now, Malfatron said:

how many people are tested each week?

According to random drug testing procedure its 50% of the population. This is the only thing I could find on random drug tests.

https://www.questdiagnostics.com/dms/Documents/Employer-Solutions/Brochures/quest-random-drug-testing-FAQ.pdf

I read somewhere that everyone uses algorithms to determine this but I haven't been able to drudge up any equations.

Just now, twslhs20 said:

According to random drug testing procedure its 50% of the population. This is the only thing I could find on random drug tests.

https://www.questdiagnostics.com/dms/Documents/Employer-Solutions/Brochures/quest-random-drug-testing-FAQ.pdf

I read somewhere that everyone uses algorithms to determine this but I haven't been able to drudge up any equations.

statisically, then you would expect Eric Reid to be tested 5 or 6 out of 11 weeks.

7/11 isnt really that unlikely. 

youd expect many players to be tested 7/11 weeks.

it doesnt matter the size of the population of its 50%

its about 16%, which isnt bad odds

here are all the odds for every combination

11/11 - .05%

10/11 - 0.5%

9/11 - 2.6%

8/11 - 8%

7/11  - 16%

6/11- 22.5 %

5/11- 22.5 %

4/11 - 16%

3/11 - 8%

2/11 - 2.6%

1/11 - 0.5%

0/11 - .05%

(dont add up to exactly 100 percent due to rounding)

• Like 2

This the Ron Rivera quote from the article:

“I guess there was something about some mathematician saying it’s highly improbable, but definitely possible,” Carolina Coach Ron Rivera said last month. “But I’ll say this: If my name came up that many times, I’d buy a lottery ticket.”

I made the assumption that the amount of times he was selected compounded the unlikely probability of being selected. If that makes sense?

Anyway, I appreciate you helping me out on this.

On 3/1/2019 at 7:35 PM, theJ said:

I like the flexibility.  When i was salary non-exempt (hourly) i had to put in 40 each week, even if i just worked a 50 or 60.  If i wanted to take a little time, i had to use vacation.

As salary, i can work a 50, then not come in the following Friday without using a vacation day.

That's about the only perk at my job.  They say the bonus structure is better, but i've yet to really see that it makes up for extra hours.  Otherwise it's just a title thing.

I never end up using all of my PTO, but yeah I guess that's a slight benefit.

At some point depending on your career, you basically have to bite the bullet and go salaried because it's worth it long term rater than just staying at the highest hourly position, but unpaid OT sucks tremendously.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, twslhs20 said:

This the Ron Rivera quote from the article:

“I guess there was something about some mathematician saying it’s highly improbable, but definitely possible,” Carolina Coach Ron Rivera said last month. “But I’ll say this: If my name came up that many times, I’d buy a lottery ticket.”

I made the assumption that the amount of times he was selected compounded the unlikely probability of being selected. If that makes sense?

Anyway, I appreciate you helping me out on this.

https://sports.yahoo.com/odds-nfl-randomly-drug-testing-eric-reid-7-times-season-055406909.html

Let’s go through some numbers that we first dove into when Reid received his fifth drug test of the season. There were 72 players on the Panthers’ roster eligible for drug testing. NFL drug-testing policy dictates that 10 players from each team, supposedly chosen randomly by a computer, are tested each week of the season.

Reid has been with Carolina for 11 weeks and says he has been drug-tested seven times, though one of those would have been his mandatory annual test that is basically part of his physical. That means six positive results out of 11 chances on odds that work out to 72 divided by 10.

The low odds came because apparently only 10 players are tested per week, including practice squad and whatnot beyond the 53 man roster.