What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

On 3/16/2019 at 2:41 PM, The LBC said:

Fun fact for all you 80's and early 90's kids out there ( @ET80 this is going to blow your mind): On the original Ninja Turtles cartoon show, the Shredder was voiced by none other than Uncle Phil from Fresh Prince.

:googles video clip:

#mindblown

8 minutes ago, pwny said:

Texas tacos are overrated. 

I see you can name no places and have no evidence to back it up. IIRC you also live in the boonies outside of Dallas. So quit acting like you are an authority on Texas Tacos you damn yankee scoundrel. 

5 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I see you can name no places and have no evidence to back it up. IIRC you also live in the boonies outside of Dallas. So quit acting like you are an authority on Texas Tacos you damn yankee scoundrel. 

Went to a handful of places that came on recommendation in Dallas; El Come, La Nueva, La Banqueta and a couple others. Went to the place that ET recommended in Houston. Hit up some place in Tyler that was supposed to be incredible too. And in a few weeks when we go to Austin, I’ll try whatever place you want to recommend. They’ve all been wildly overrated so far. Not terrible, mind you. But Texas talks up their mexican food (right after telling you how much better Tex-Mex is), but they’re worse than the quality places in Chicago, and the wild boar carnitas I just had last night at the first place I’ve eaten Mexican in Portland was better than anything I had from any of those places that Texans keep talking up.

On 3/16/2019 at 6:11 PM, MWil23 said:

Put our house up for sale this weekend. We have had 4 showings so far, with 2 people that said they like the house. However, we haven’t had an offer and have had 2 people say that our neighbor situation is a dealbreaker.

They are nice people, but they are exactly why HOAs exist. Their yard and outside their house is a dump with skids everywhere, an extra water heater outside by the shed, a dumpy pool with an unsecured makeshift pallet fence, and about 5-6 cars in their driveway. The rest of the neighborhood looks great, but of course they have to live next to us and it’s a detractor right now.

I’m 💯 serious right now in how I should handle this situation with our neighbors. Any advice? Like I said, they are nice people.

I'm not sure there's much you can do short of asking them nicely to put an effort into cleaning it up.  They probably won't.  Laziness is what puts properties into that kind of distress, not being bad people.  You can't cure their laziness.

Pretty suck-tastic situation.  Neighbors are important to your home value.  And you can't do a damn thing about them lol.

• Like 1

@MWil23

There's a house in my area that i pass every now and then that's like the junkiest of junky properties.  I often wonder what their neighbors think.  It's generally a decent area (not great, but not poor either).  But this house looks like a freaking carnival vomited all over their front yard about 30 years ago.  So it's half rusted over, half colorful, 100% weird.

I could snap a picture from google maps, but i'm not sure that'd be in accordance with this site's policies lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pwny said:

Went to a handful of places that came on recommendation in Dallas; El Come, La Nueva, La Banqueta and a couple others. Went to the place that ET recommended in Houston. Hit up some place in Tyler that was supposed to be incredible too. And in a few weeks when we go to Austin, I’ll try whatever place you want to recommend. They’ve all been wildly overrated so far. Not terrible, mind you. But Texas talks up their mexican food (right after telling you how much better Tex-Mex is), but they’re worse than the quality places in Chicago, and the wild boar carnitas I just had last night at the first place I’ve eaten Mexican in Portland was better than anything I had from any of those places that Texans keep talking up.

Go to Veracruz in the morning and have the migas tacos. They were voted best in America.

Then immediately drive about 10 minutes to Franklins BBQ. You need to get there by about 8:30 am for lunch. That was voted best BBQ in the *WORLD*. 

Then go party downtown and just hit up a food truck. They are all really good Tacos. If you are up north you can go to Davi's. If you are saying near Barton Springs, TacoDeli is pretty good. 

Juan in a Million, Veracruz and Valentines have all been featured on the Food Network. There are a couple of other non-taco places that have achieved fame as well. A hotdog place down town, a british pub up north, im sure others I am forgetting.

https://www.yelp.com/search?find_desc=best+tacos&find_loc=Austin%2C+TX