What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

9 hours ago, Tyty said:

Well after a stressful hour of studying cocktails, I’m breaking out a bottle of rye whiskey and crying myself to sleep

After tonight:

1. Whiskey, neat

2. Cuba Libre

3. Margarita

4. Daiquiri 

5. Sazerac

6. Gin and tonic

30. Paloma

Edited by LETSGOBROWNIES
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tyty said:

Well after a stressful hour of studying cocktails, I’m breaking out a bottle of rye whiskey and crying myself to sleep

are you making them?

because you need to actually make them

muscle memory

if you cant get the actual bottles of liquor, get a few 2 liter pops and put labels on them

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

are you making them?

because you need to actually make them

muscle memory

if you cant get the actual bottles of liquor, get a few 2 liter pops and put labels on them

I figure it’s going to take a balance of reading and practicing. I was thinking that too tho, getting fake bottles to go through the motions

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

After tonight’s:

1. Whiskey, neat

2. Cuba Libre

3. Margarita

4. Daiquiri 

5. Sazerac

6. Gin and tonic

30. Paloma

If the Margarita or Daiquiri start with a mix, or are blended, you did it wrong. 

If you make a gin and tonic, and the tonic part comes in water form, you did it wrong. 

• Like 1

Just now, MrDrew said:

If the Margarita or Daiquiri start with a mix, or are blended, you did it wrong. 

If you make a gin and tonic, and the tonic part comes in water form, you did it wrong. 

Lol we have basic/common cocktails like old fashioned, sazerac, Moscow mike etc but a lot of them are ones that people at my work came up with. Like this one is going to hard to remember for me lol:

Shaken Cocktail (dry shake first and wet shake with ice)

• 1.5oz  Rye whiskey 

• 1oz Coffee Liquor

• 0.5oz Orange simple syrup

• 0.5oz Aquafaba (garbanzo bean juice (egg white substitute))

• 1oz Nitro Coffee

• Dry shake cocktail

• Add ice to shaker and wet shake until froth builds

• Strain into rocks glass with NO ice

• Garnish with orange rind

33 minutes ago, Tyty said:

Lol we have basic/common cocktails like old fashioned, sazerac, Moscow mike etc but a lot of them are ones that people at my work came up with. Like this one is going to hard to remember for me lol:

Once you make it a few times, it will stick. Get through what you have to remember like it was a test, and then brain dump. Even the best bartenders I've seen keep a cheatsheet behind the bar. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MrDrew said:

Agreed.

Any idiot can blend mixes at their home, if you’re going to a bar and paying a professional they’d better do it right.

9 hours ago, MrDrew said:

Legit margaritas are so easy to make and taste infinitely better than anything that comes premixed.  I'll never understand why people buy that stuff.  

9 hours ago, MrDrew said:

If the tonic comes in to mess with the gin at all, you're doing it wrong?

Then again, I buy very nice gin these days, thanks to a nice littler distillery in Duluth, MN.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

If the tonic comes in to mess with the gin at all, you're doing it wrong?

Then again, I buy very nice gin these days, thanks to a nice littler distillery in Duluth, MN.

Jack Rudy's, Strong Tonic, or Small Hands tonic syrup. The tonic should compliment, not overpower the gin, and all of those do just that. 

Which distillery is it? I have a local distillery here that has an incredible, balanced, gin. Great for making cocktails. 

59 minutes ago, flyers0909 said:

Legit margaritas are so easy to make and taste infinitely better than anything that comes premixed.  I'll never understand why people buy that stuff.  

Most people are taught that a margarita comes in a mix with Cuervo, and a Daiquiri is strawberry flavored. They don't know better. They usually don't like a real one because they're not used to lime outside of a few items they can get at a Mexican restaurant. 

People tend to think that all cocktails are sweet, and girly. They usually only go to places where a Red Bull and vodka is the big drink that the bartender "makes". They don't know how to feel when they get a booze forward drink, or when a drink is on the sweeter side it still gets balanced with a sour component. It's the same as people that think Bud and Coors Lite are good beers. They were just introduced to drinking wrong. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrDrew said:

Most people are taught that a margarita comes in a mix with Cuervo, and a Daiquiri is strawberry flavored. They don't know better. They usually don't like a real one because they're not used to lime outside of a few items they can get at a Mexican restaurant. 

People tend to think that all cocktails are sweet, and girly. They usually only go to places where a Red Bull and vodka is the big drink that the bartender "makes". They don't know how to feel when they get a booze forward drink, or when a drink is on the sweeter side it still gets balanced with a sour component. It's the same as people that think Bud and Coors Lite are good beers. They were just introduced to drinking wrong. 

^^^^^ 

💕