What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

Focus RS: 350 HP 350 TQ -$38-41k

Focus ST: 255 HP 275 TQ - $23-25k

VW Golf R 290 HP 280 TQ - $38-40k

VW GTI - 210 HP  250 TQ -  $26-30k

Subaru WRX 265 HP 255 TQ - $29-32k

Honda Type R: 305 HP 295 TQ - $45-60k(cause of mark up, 15-30k mark up)

I called up a number of other dealerships, who told me similar stories. Walnut Creek Honda—which the spreadsheet shows is charging $5,000 over MSRP—said it doesn’t have any Civic Type Rs available yet, so it doesn’t know exact pricing. But what the gentleman on the phone did say was that the dealer only anticipates one or two Type Rs this year, and with the high demand, there’s “no doubt” there will be a markup. How much of a markup is yet to be determined, but the guy told me that typical markups for these cars were in the $5,000 to $10,000 range.

Take a look at all the dealerships on CivicX’s spreadsheet that allegedly have markups in the $10,000 to $20,000 range—it’s a long list. Looks like folks looking to pick up a 2018 Civic Type R might have a hell of a time finding one for anywhere near MSRP. They’re just going to have to decide if it’s really worth it.

http://jalopnik.com/dealers-are-charging-way-over-msrp-for-the-2018-honda-c-1796181591

I have heard on some car podcast that it is super awesome from the front, but the back end and wing leave you asking your self if you either love or hate, im not sure what i think (why i want to see one in person). Got like a double wing thing going on, dont if im crazy about the bing wings shape, and all the aero on the top hatch window, there is a lot going on here lol. 

2017-Honda-Civic-Type-R-016-1024x683.jpg

Edited by Bednarik60

The different size triple exhaust system i some times love in picture, some other picture i dunno. Also if you look closely at the back bumper black panels with interesting texture/style , there are these two holes on those panels ,  lol that is where there are suppose to be rear parking sensor that come in one of the upgraded base civics, but the R doesn't have them, but to save money they used the ones from that base civic on this and just sealed them with plastic lol. 

2017-honda-civic-type-r-rear-end-1.jpg

2 hours ago, Bednarik60 said:

@EliteTexan80 i love 90's civics tho man. I sweat them bruh( and latinas to, come on still bros?).  I want to build a 90's Civic EG hatchback.  You can build a seriously STUPID fast car for under 10k

.936591a35b0b7337666f84b1d293421c--honda-

Kanjo-01.jpg

Not saying this to disagree with you. I think the new hatchbacks look so much nicer than the 90's-00's. My friend has a civic sport hatch and I love it.

21 minutes ago, patdt13 said:

Not saying this to disagree with you. I think the new hatchbacks look so much nicer than the 90's-00's. My friend has a civic sport hatch and I love it.

I agree with you, they look way nicer and cooler. 

But they are way heavier compared to the old ones. And there  not quick or fast really. 

A 90's Civic EG hatchback can weigh anywhere 1950-2050 lbs, where as the new ones weigh 2900 lbs. 

So what guys like to do is get a 90's EG and put in a K20 or K24 Engine from a early 2000's Acura RSX or TSX. 

After K20 engine swap and a few mods like intake and catback end up with like 210 HP 170 TQ on a 1950 lb car. That is going to be a really fast car. 

Edited by Bednarik60