What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

5 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Challenge accepted.  I couldn’t be arrested for ****.  I haven’t broken the law once since the time I stole a 5 cent eraser from my uncle’s Christian bookstore and I was convinced I would get arrested if I stole again.  I was 5 or something.  

whats the statute of limitations there?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

do you throw tantrums on a daily basis on an internet forum? no? you're not cool.

do you pee your pants like miles davis? no? you're not cool.

I do not throw tantrums I throw truth rants.  There is a difference!  

22 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

What the **** are you on about?

You can be convicted of DUI without actually driving if you are in physical control of your vehicle. This has been interpreted in the courts as essentially being able to access your car, if you so chose.

I.e. You could be at home, asleep, and drunk, and could be arrested and convicted for a DUI, so long as you knew where your keys were (or, more realistically, if a jury could be convinced that you knew where your keys were).

But Daniel, you say, I don’t drink that much, so my BAC wouldn’t be above a 0.8, I can’t be convicted.

Well, it just so happens that, even though the government has assigned a specific measurement to define drunkenness, you don’t necessarily get off the hook for being under it.

See, as long as you are intoxicated enough that the intoxication interferes with your abilities, you’re driving under the influence, even if you’re way under the legal limit.

Also, the tests you will be given to decide that are designed so that you won’t understand the instructions and will fail.

25 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Challenge accepted.  I couldn’t be arrested for ****.  I haven’t broken the law once since the time I stole a 5 cent eraser from my uncle’s Christian bookstore and I was convinced I would get arrested if I stole again.  I was 5 or something.  

I know you’re kidding, but to make good: do you own any of the following?

Paper, of any kind?

Sandwich, snack, or gallon sized ziploc baggies?

Physical currency?

A lighter or matches?

Aluminum foil, not still sealed in the box?

Congrats, any of these things can get you charged with a crime. In the case of the last one, even a felony.

@Daniel, joke’s on you because when I’m drinking I don’t know where my nose is much less my keys.  And you might need some aluminum foil for yourself to make a hat with if you think a cop in Nebraska would arrest me for any of those Alex Jones level things that some idiot in California got arrested by the climate police for.

• Like 1