What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

7 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

People need to stop saying, "I mean..." before every statement they make.  It's worse than TBH or smug because it's not a joke, and people use it way too much.  We know what you mean.  It's why you're about to say what you mean to say.  I've seen people use it three times in two sentences.  It's this generation's "like" as in people who used to say "like" multiple times in a sentence.  It's worse because people didn't say "like" the way they did in writing and it was typically just a verbal precursor to what you were about to say, but "I mean..." is used predominantly in written text, and written text is something that you can control. 

I get that people are totally going to retaliate for me posting this and use, "I mean..." as a joke just because I'm an easy target, but that's good because I want that.  If people do it to make fun of me, it will bring awareness to it and eventually it will fizzle out and people will maybe think twice on this site before they use it.  It makes people sound like teenage girls trying to be cute on Tinder when they use it.

Tbh smugness is a way of life, not a joke. 

Been apartment hunting for like 4 months now. Think I finally found the one.

Literal 4 minute walk from the front of the apartment to work. Place is absolutely gorgeous with exposed brick on some of the walls, and a beautiful patio. 

1 hour ago, titans0021 said:

I mean, I think you're underestimating the amount of teenage girls posting on FF tbh. I mean you, like, don't even know how many posters are, like, flipping back and forth between FF and tinder.

Also, I'm definitely guilty of using "I mean." And honestly. I honestly use honestly way too much.

I don't mind honestly or like or look or any of those types of words (I'm sure there's a word for it).  It's just something about "I mean" that I can't stand.  It's like when a joke that's been used to death and washed up is put into a movie way past its due date and it's just cringeworthy.  That's what "I mean" is like to me. 

6 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Anybody have fries that were made in beef tallow? Supposedly they are bomb and how McDonald's used to make them (like early '90s and before). Think I'm gonna try it out.

I've had fries made in duck fat. Amazing.

12 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

People need to stop saying, "I mean..." before every statement they make.  It's worse than TBH or smug because it's not a joke, and people use it way too much.  We know what you mean.  It's why you're about to say what you mean to say.  I've seen people use it three times in two sentences.  It's this generation's "like" as in people who used to say "like" multiple times in a sentence.  It's worse because people didn't say "like" the way they did in writing and it was typically just a verbal precursor to what you were about to say, but "I mean..." is used predominantly in written text, and written text is something that you can control. 

I get that people are totally going to retaliate for me posting this and use, "I mean..." as a joke just because I'm an easy target, but that's good because I want that.  If people do it to make fun of me, it will bring awareness to it and eventually it will fizzle out and people will maybe think twice on this site before they use it.  It makes people sound like teenage girls trying to be cute on Tinder when they use it.

The words that come out of our mouths are things we can control as well...