What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

Caving and getting a stupid cable box/TV from a local DSL company, simply so I can watch Badger and Packer football.  Live kind in the back woods, so none of the steaming cable/HDTV really do the trick for me at all.

Long story short, I want to get something to clone the HDMI/1080 signal from the cable box and send it wirelessly to two other TV's in the house if possible.  Thus I know every TV would have to have to same show on at the same time which I am fine with.

Anyone have any good experience or a product they would recommend or know of products I should stay away from?

Edited by BrettFavre004

10 hours ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Fun fact I found out today - Harvey dumped twice as much water on Houston than Katrina dumped on New Orleans. This was an intense storm. But, we saw the sun today, first time we've seen it since the eclipse. You'd be surprised how much that does for your mood.

Not to downplay Harvey but New Orleans is technically below sea level which was a MAJOR factor in all the damage from Katrina, I'm sure Houston is pretty far above sea level.

4 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

Not to downplay Harvey but New Orleans is technically below sea level which was a MAJOR factor in all the damage from Katrina, I'm sure Houston is pretty far above sea level.

I'm not trying to compare the storms from an impact perspective - my comment was geared towards the volume of water that was dispersed from the storm. Harvey was the biggest storm in US history based on rainfall volume.

In terms of pure damage, Katrina was a nightmare. I don't wish that on anyone, ever.

Just now, EliteTexan80 said:

I'm not trying to compare the storms from an impact perspective - my comment was geared towards the volume of water that was dispersed from the storm. Harvey was the biggest storm in US history based on rainfall volume.

In terms of pure damage, Katrina was a nightmare. I don't wish that on anyone, ever.

The sheer volume of water getting dumped on you guys is staggering.

Just now, Hockey5djh said:

The sheer volume of water getting dumped on you guys is staggering.

9,000,000,000,000 gallons, not including Monday/Tuesday. I simply can't fathom that number. I saw the freeway that I take to work on the local news - completely submerged, the freeway signs that are close to 20 feet off the road are partially submerged by water.

On the plus side - I'm amazed by the outpouring of support, both locally and across the nation. From the sports leagues putting money in to the locals who have taken to boats and large trucks to help completely strangers, it's amazing.

Maybe the world isn't as bad as I make it out to be. 

20 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

9,000,000,000,000 gallons, not including Monday/Tuesday. I simply can't fathom that number. I saw the freeway that I take to work on the local news - completely submerged, the freeway signs that are close to 20 feet off the road are partially submerged by water.

On the plus side - I'm amazed by the outpouring of support, both locally and across the nation. From the sports leagues putting money in to the locals who have taken to boats and large trucks to help completely strangers, it's amazing.

It's crazy how much better the world actually is than the media portrays it to be.

It's unfortunate some folks need times like this to see it (not that you're one of those people).

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, BrettFavre004 said:

Caving and getting a stupid cable box/TV from a local DSL company, simply so I can watch Badger and Packer football.  Live kind in the back woods, so none of the steaming cable/HDTV really do the trick for me at all.

Long story short, I want to get something to clone the HDMI/1080 signal from the cable box and send it wirelessly to two other TV's in the house if possible.  Thus I know every TV would have to have to same show on at the same time which I am fine with.

Anyone have any good experience or a product they would recommend or know of products I should stay away from?

A Slingbox is probably your but solution, but it's not perfect. You can only stream to one device at a time, and you'd need an AppleTV/Roku/Chromecast/Fire connected to be able to watch. They're mostly use to connect your cable/satellite box to the internet, so you can watch your shows remotely. 

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

It's crazy how much better the world actually is than the media portrays it to be.

It's unfortunate some folks need times like this to see it (not that you're one of those people).

Ditto. When looking at the world on a broad scheme there's much more positive than negative, unfortunately the negative is what gets the reactions and the stories. That seems to be the way of the "social media era" (not sure it that's a thing yet or not but it should be).

And to get back away from the gray zone.....lets hope that this disaster is what it takes to bring the country back together a little bit.

1 minute ago, Hockey5djh said:

Ditto. When looking at the world on a broad scheme there's much more positive than negative, unfortunately the negative is what gets the reactions and the stories. That seems to be the way of the "social media era" (not sure it that's a thing yet or not but it should be).

And to get back away from the gray zone.....lets hope that this disaster is what it takes to bring the country back together a little bit.

It won't, but it sure would be nice if it did.

30 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Nah, people are uniformly terrible. It's just that sometimes some people are less terrible than others. Remember what Dr. Cox taught us.

For every person with a boat there's a dude with a vacant arena center and all that.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MrDrew said:

A Slingbox is probably your but solution, but it's not perfect. You can only stream to one device at a time, and you'd need an AppleTV/Roku/Chromecast/Fire connected to be able to watch. They're mostly use to connect your cable/satellite box to the internet, so you can watch your shows remotely. 

Thanks, one is a roku TV and the other has an appleTV to it, although I also have an extra roku, but maybe I'll look more into that. Tivo can kind of do some of the same things, right?  I've been looking at some IOGear products too that just broadcast the HDMI signal, but looks pretty pricy to get multiple receiver, but doesn't use your houses wifi. 

1 hour ago, EliteTexan80 said:

If you're getting pulled in multiple directions, it's easy to lose sight. 

From my experience, I've seen people fall into this when they lack proper delegation skills - they get too much on their plate, and they don't effectively offload the "nice to do" tasks and treat everything as mission critical. In most instances of this, the people tend to be control oriented.

I think that's what happened here.  This guy used to be pretty helpful.

Specifically - he recently loaded me up with about 2-3 people's worth of work and basically said good luck.  Not even really a token effort to find me help.  He basically put that on me to find my own help.  Then today brought up some minor issue and told me it was critical and should be my top priority.  On top of all of my other "top priorities" i was given when they loaded me up before.

It's stuff like this that makes people consider switching jobs.

14 minutes ago, iPwn said:

Apparently filing a grievance and threatening legal action is the only way to deal with my insurance company. 

Insurance companies are terrible. What issues are you having?

54 minutes ago, iPwn said:

Apparently filing a grievance and threatening legal action is the only way to deal with my insurance company. 

Oh yeah. About to start my fight. Have some roof damage. Nothing big, but enough to be a concern.