What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

1 hour ago, domepatrol91 said:

No judgement at all, but is that.... is that a guinea pig? I know they’re popular down that way...

Yep. I had to try it while it was there. I liked it but it was also relatively expensive compared to everything else. Also not a lot of meat on it, and the meat that's there is in such small pieces and tough to get off the bone. Feel like something you have to try while there though.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

Yep. I had to try it while it was there. I liked it but it was also relatively expensive compared to everything else. Also not a lot of meat on it, and the meat that's there is in such small pieces and tough to get off the bone. Feel like something you have to try while there though.

I’d try it no doubt.

Hell I’d get one from Petco and try it tonight if I wasn’t certain it would end in a divorce.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Jealous of those pictures! South America is definitely on my list of places to get to. Maybe next summer if we don't end up in New Zealand and Australia for the summer break. How was Peru? Worth the full two weeks or do you wish you'd seen other countries while there?

I could share a few more when I'm not lazy, I have too many to sort through.

I loved it, would have enjoyed a few more days there even. I would say 2 weeks minimum do a southern tour. It's actually a popular tourist route, so popular it has a nickname, the gringo trail.

I'm bummed I settled for a 1 day tour for the Colca Canyon instead of doing an overnight hike. The Colca Canyon/valley region is so pretty and Arequipa was a fun city. I was actually there on Halloween night and it was bonkers. I had to be up really early the next morning but it would have been fun to party with the locals. I was up at 5 AM to catch my bus out of town and there was still a lot people stumbling back in costumes. 

Cusco is an amazing tourist city too. I'd have taken a few more days there. Most of my time was bumming around time to acclimate before doing the Inca Trail hike. Altitude isn't something you can easily prepare yourself for, even just walking around on the sidewalks had me winded the first couple days. Would have liked to maybe do the Rainbow Mountain hike but didn't want to overexert myself.

I'm not a soccer fan but Friday night was Peru vs New Zealand for the world cup qualifier match. It was hard to not get into the spirit for it. 

49 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Anyone else super paranoid by technology? I just saw a yellow light on the DVR blink and I’m like who the hell is watching me.

Why would the dvr blink if someone is watching you. Seems like it make sure not to do anything to get noticed when watching you.

57 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

@skywindO2 How much was the the dinner? Do you know what that is in USD?

Looks like guinea pigs are $30 at Petsmart so that's likely a no go on this as a business venture unless that dinner was pushing $50.

The cost of farming compared to keeping at a store is hugely different. They produce a ton of offspring easily and grow quickly. So having a grow and kill operation could manage to  have a low over head vs keeping them alive and trying to get buyers for the little buggers.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, eagles101 said:

The cost of farming compared to keeping at a store is hugely different. They produce a ton of offspring easily and grow quickly. So having a grow and kill operation could manage to  have a low over head vs keeping them alive and trying to get buyers for the little buggers.

And if we’re being honest, small possums and large rats probably look close enough to the untrained eye. We’ve got those around here.

Looks like I’ve got my career all lined out. I’m Rodent People now.

• Like 1

Just now, domepatrol91 said:

And if we’re being honest, small possums and large rats probably look close enough to the untrained eye. We’ve got those around here.

Baby racoons would do better. Much more manageable and you could have tours as racoons are cute burglars and possum are demon monster from the darkest depths of the underworld. 

But if you get the bussiness plan set up ill allow you to sell under my "American exotic meat sales" corporation. We sell everything non rodent. Seal, eagle, snails, pigeon, horse, etc....my secret to success though is its all just goat meat.

7 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

Large squirrel if you ask me. Same description, not a lot of meat and difficult to get off the bones. Lets do this, I’ll charge 10 bucks a skirrl. I’m deadly with a .22 by the way errrr BTW. 

26 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

Go with rabbits - you can actually find YouTube videos of people who own, breed and process rabbits for food. 

It's actually pretty crazy - watching them prep rabbits. Pretty crazy.

1 hour ago, domepatrol91 said:

@skywindO2 How much was the the dinner? Do you know what that is in USD?

Looks like guinea pigs are $30 at Petsmart so that's likely a no go on this as a business venture unless that dinner was pushing $50.

It was 70 soles at this particular restaurant although the prices on that menu for everything were super inflated since it's the tourist trap town at the base of Machu Picchu, other places in Cusco I saw it on their menu as low as 55. The conversion rate is 3.1 or 3.2 s. to $ so about $20 a plate. While not terribly expensive in terms of dollars, it's relatively expensive down there where most meals were in the 25-40 soles range at what I'd consider nice restaurants. Probably not worth your time to buy one at Petsmart, lol.