What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

2 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Yep. If you and @Desperado82 are on a Dave binge, you should also watch Neal Brennan's special (called 3 Mics). He co-wrote Chappelle's Show and you can hear some of that in his style.

It's a really good special. A little different, there are 3 mics on the stage: one for one-liners, one for standup, and one for stories (that get pretty dark), but definitely worth the watch.

I'll have to check it out. 

1 hour ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

The weird thing about Dave and PC culture is that Dave has always been a progressive comic and always makes sure in his material that while he'll make fun of everyone, the core of the joke has a theme of acceptance.

Oh for sure, everything is fair game and everyone is a target, but never in a malicious or hateful way.

Just now, NS922 said:

Yes. Although I still don't watch traditional episodic TV shows because that ties down a lot of free time.

I'd suggest Black Mirror and Peaky Blinders. I have yet to find someone who watched those and DIDN'T love them.

You could be a unicorn. 

• Like 1

Just now, EliteTexan80 said:

I'd suggest Black Mirror and Peaky Blinders. I have yet to find someone who watched those and DIDN'T love them.

You could be a unicorn. 

I've heard good things about Black Mirror but I've never heard that other one. Black Mirror does have an interesting concept.

I did not like watching Black Mirror. Only watched two episodes.

It is clearly an outstanding show, it is just too stressful/disturbing/depressing for me. Same thing with Breaking Bad. 

That sort of stuff just isn't enjoyable for me. If I want to be depressed I can just watch the news. 

13 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Peaky Blinders is amazing.

Y’all have convinced me to check it out.

I’ve seen it before but I always thought it had a stupid name so I never watched it.

On a side note, just watched Get Out and I don’t get what all the hype was about.  Admittedly I’m not much for horror flicks, but I guess I had higher expectations when a movie gets a 99% on Rotten Tomatoes.

I tried watching Peaky Blinders but haven't really had time to sit down and actually watch, just too much other stuff going on..need to go back and watch it and Shameless again.

Need to give Black Mirror a shot if it's as good as y'all say it is.

49 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

THANK YOU! There is only one that matters.

What can I say? I have good taste. 

7 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

On a side note, just watched Get Out and I don’t get what all the hype was about.  Admittedly I’m not much for horror flicks, but I guess I had higher expectations when a movie gets a 99% on Rotten Tomatoes.

Went and saw it in theaters while I was living in Ohio. I liked it, but it didn't qualify as a horror film for me. More of a thriller/drama/comedy kind of thing. 

7 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Yep. If you and @Desperado82 are on a Dave binge, you should also watch Neal Brennan's special (called 3 Mics). He co-wrote Chappelle's Show and you can hear some of that in his style.

It's a really good special. A little different, there are 3 mics on the stage: one for one-liners, one for standup, and one for stories (that get pretty dark), but definitely worth the watch.

Dude - so I take it you left the Rams after they left St Louis... but you both went to a divisional rival AND one in California? WTF?

46 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Y’all have convinced me to check it out.

I’ve seen it before but I always thought it had a stupid name so I never watched it.

I'd suggest watching it with captions on - lotta thick Irish accents, lotta gypsy talk - hard to catch everything, so the captions help.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Dude - so I take it you left the Rams after they left St Louis... but you both went to a divisional rival AND one in California? WTF?

No, he's doing it right. When your team leaves, you find someone who's going to inflict pain on them...

... which is ironically why I was a St. Louis Rams fan in the 00s. Keeping the old Oilers inches away from a SB win? It's like they read my mind.