What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

2 hours ago, iPwn said:

The place is “expensive” but they don’t even have proper wiring in the apartment? And maintenance isn’t on top of things? Well...

Expensive for the area and actual complex, it's the most expensive one there. $881 a month which is like $300 more than the usual here. Sure it doesn't sound like a lot to a Chicago guy lol. My duplex is the only part of this apartment complex here that is above like $600 so that's the kind of quality we got. It was a last second place, didn't think it'd be quite this bad for the money tho. Live and learn. 

17 minutes ago, Desperado82 said:

Any recommendations?

I really like Grave Before Shave stuff. Makes the beard soft, and their stuff smells really good. 

Rocky Mountain Barber Company is pretty good shampoo. Maple Hill Naturals is another one that I'll use regularly.

• Like 1

It's 70 degrees outside where I am right now.  Sunny day without a single cloud in the sky.  I love this so much and I've been out early every morning to jog/walk to enjoy some of this weather.... only a matter of time before it's reaching near 100 degrees with unbearable humidity.

3 hours ago, iPwn said:

And maintenance isn’t on top of things?

If a landlord can get away with it, he will.. odds are unless the tenant is informing management in writing, following up, and getting local code enforcement involved, they will move at their own pace.

1 hour ago, Tyty said:

Expensive for the area and actual complex, it's the most expensive one there. $881 a month which is like $300 more than the usual here. Sure it doesn't sound like a lot to a Chicago guy lol. My duplex is the only part of this apartment complex here that is above like $600 so that's the kind of quality we got. It was a last second place, didn't think it'd be quite this bad for the money tho. Live and learn. 

I mean again though. It’s “expensive” by whatever standard that expensive is for your situation. Higher cost should mean higher value. 

Value is derived from four main categories

• Amenities and the quality of them
  • Service

It’s apparently expensive by location standards, so it has to be derived from something else. If the quality of some of the amenities (like wiring) suck and they don’t have good service, what are you getting for paying 50% more than the average in the area and 45% more than anyone else in the building?

42 minutes ago, iPwn said:

I mean again though. It’s “expensive” by whatever standard that expensive is for your situation. Higher cost should mean higher value. 

Value is derived from four main categories

• Amenities and the quality of them
  • Service

It’s apparently expensive by location standards, so it has to be derived from something else. If the quality of some of the amenities (like wiring) suck and they don’t have good service, what are you getting for paying 50% more than the average in the area and 45% more than anyone else in the building?

It was $100 more than their typical duplexes because everything in the place was new but overall it feels like a $500 apartment with a garage essentially. I'll be talking to the landlord tomorrow about stuff 

1 hour ago, EliteTexan80 said:

The goal was to maintain at least 350 miles away from you. 

Let's see how easily you can keep me away...when I'm living in a van down by the river