What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

6 hours ago, mitty18 said:

I’m getting really tired of working for companies that dont give a rat’s rear end about their employees. I left a good job for a better opportunity last year, quit said job because the upper management was terrible, and now am working for an owner who is penny pinching and taking money away from their employees through a “pain or gain” commission structure that has outrageous goals just to break even. Lost a third of my commission this month because the goals were completely unreasonable. As an aside, I was top 3 in sales this month in my company. Who’s to say I didn’t try to hit my goals?

Guess what I’m doing now? Applying back at the first company i worked for. Thankfully I left on good terms, but I will have to move out of the current town I’m living in where I have friends and family because they don’t have an opening here. 

Lesson learned. Grass isn’t always greener on the other side. 

/rant

I've been told a few times that i could leave my current company for a better position with much better pay.  But my response is almost always what you've experienced - the people here are good people.  Management cares about their employees and is very progressive about adding benefits that are valuable to the employees (talking about benefits like flexible working hours, have some say over what you work on, being in charge of your work without meddling from management, etc).

In my current position, i get to work closely with people from other companies, so i get to see how people react when they feel they're just another cog in the machine.  I'm not sure i'm cut out for that.

1 hour ago, theJ said:

I've been told a few times that i could leave my current company for a better position with much better pay.  But my response is almost always what you've experienced - the people here are good people.  Management cares about their employees and is very progressive about adding benefits that are valuable to the employees (talking about benefits like flexible working hours, have some say over what you work on, being in charge of your work without meddling from management, etc).

In my current position, i get to work closely with people from other companies, so i get to see how people react when they feel they're just another cog in the machine.  I'm not sure i'm cut out for that.

Little nervous because I'm in a similar situation with a good company. But I've hit my ceiling here for how much I'll grow / they will pay me.  And part of me feels ready for a new challenge as well.

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’d be trying to find a new MD if they told me to try essential oils, but that’s just me.

One of my close friends went to one of the better medical schools in the country for his MD. You'd be shocked at some of the things they cover / don't cover. Now he's a GP so he's going to have more breadth than depth to his knowledge.. but I specifically asked how much they covered on 'nutrition / nutrition as preventative care' over the 4 years of medical school and he said maybe one lecture. At the same time he could probably name 300 medications off the top of his head.

Just now, cddolphin said:

One of my close friends went to one of the better medical schools in the country for his MD. You'd be shocked at some of the things they cover / don't cover. Now he's a GP so he's going to have more breadth than depth to his knowledge.. but I specifically asked how much they covered on 'nutrition / nutrition as preventative care' over the 4 years of medical school and he said maybe one lecture. At the same time he could probably name 300 medications off the top of his head.

I’m an RN, believe me I know.

And as far as meds, talk to a pharmacist some time. Those dudes are friggin wizards. 

Essential oils would be an automatic disqualification for me though, I don’t have time for that hippie dippy trippy ish. Either I need meds or I don’t, but I’m not buying the oils your wife sells to all of her friends.

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

And as far as meds, talk to a pharmacist some time. Those dudes are friggin wizards.

It's funny because one of my closer friends just got his PharmD from Auburn and has been a pharmacist for a year or so now. It's 100% all over my head, the snaps he would share from his schoolwork made me think of A Beautiful Mind.

2 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

It's funny because one of my closer friends just got his PharmD from Auburn and has been a pharmacist for a year or so now. It's 100% all over my head, the snaps he would share from his schoolwork made me think of A Beautiful Mind.

Yeah man, it’s unreal.

When I worked bedside I’d have a simple question and they’d hop into this casual dissertation about the molecular biology of the med and I’d just furrow my brow and nod along as they talked trying to give the impression I was keeping up.

I wasn’t.

6 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m an RN, believe me I know.

Essential oils would be an automatic disqualification for me though, I don’t have time for that hippie dippy trippy ish. Either I need meds or I don’t, but I’m not buying the oils your wife sells to all of her friends.

I beat leukemia exclusively from essential oils 

• Like 1

I got a raise today, my second in the last 2 months...

And a big increase to incentives, which are based on company succes.

So ??‍♀️

22 minutes ago, iPwn said:

I got a raise today, my second in the last 2 months...

And a big increase to incentives, which are based on company succes.

So ??‍♀️

Congrats man, I’m sure it’s well deserved.

It’s not like you spend part of the work day goofing off on the internet or anything....