What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

6 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

How am I the only one who thinks that video was creepy as hell?  Families who kiss their parents on the cheeks are weird.  Parents who kiss their children on the lips are weirder.  That video showed him kissing his son on the lips twice, the second time after Brady literally complained that the kiss wasn't long enough.

That is effing creepy. 

Some families are more affectionate than others, why is one way wrong?

Nothing weird to me about a guy showing his son how much he cares about him. 

21 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

How am I the only one who thinks that video was creepy as hell?  Families who kiss their parents on the cheeks are weird.  Parents who kiss their children on the lips are weirder.  That video showed him kissing his son on the lips twice, the second time after Brady literally complained that the kiss wasn't long enough.

That is effing creepy. 

It’s weird. I’ll even go as far as to call it gross. But it’s not like the image is seared into my brain or anything. If that’s the weirdest thing I see all day, it’s a pretty boring day 

6 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

For you guys who think it’s gross, do you guys have kids? Just trying to establish who has what opinions.

I think it's weird, but don't have kids, don't want kids, and definitely wasn't hugged enough as a child (not in an "I'm damaged" way, in an "I don't come from an affectionate family" way). I can't shop through the birthday card section at Target without wanting to die from how mushy those cards are.

Most of all, I think this topic is bad.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99
  • Like 1

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

For you guys who think it’s gross, do you guys have kids? Just trying to establish who has what opinions.

I don't think it's gross, just odd in the sense none of my family has ever done that regardless of who has children and who doesn't. I'm not going to pretend my experience is typical or the most common one.

Kissing on the lips pretty much stops during the toddler years just kind of naturally nobody has ever discussed it as a rule or anything.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

*Shrug*

I've got two. I give em a kiss on the lips.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I think it's weird, but don't have kids, don't want kids, and definitely wasn't hugged enough as a child (not in an "I'm damaged way, in an "I don't come from an affectionate family" way). I can't shop through the birthday card section at Target without wanting to die from how mushy those cards are.

Most of all, I think this topic is bad.

I guess my point is I probably would have agreed with you until I had kids.  Such a thing changes a lot of opinions and points of view.

• Like 1

My daughter gets a kiss on the lips multiple times a day. For my son, it's normally a kiss on top of the head or sometimes on the cheek. That's just how they prefer.. I would not think it would be weird at all if I saw a dad give his child a kiss on the mouth.

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I guess my point is I probably would have agreed with you until I had kids.  Such a thing changes a lot of opinions and points of view.

I'd completely agree with you.

I also know my family experience was the stereotypical Irish one where it just never got mushy at all. When I went off to college, it took like 10 minutes to get my stuff, drop it off, and my roommate looked at me like I was nuts. Or when I was at a friend's house in HS and we'd leave and he'd say "love you mom bye" I'd always do a double take because we never did that stuff.

I've got a great relationship with both parents and my whole immediately family, just a really reserved style.