What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

10 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I thought high end ramen places were the worst thing hipsters could ever produce. I was wrong.

This is rock bottom, isn't it? Please tell me this is rock bottom. 

7 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

This is rock bottom, isn't it? Please tell me this is rock bottom. 

I was at a somewhat trendy place that did the whole "beef to table" thing real big recently. Small menu, acclaimed chef, foodie type place but it's casual. 

I see "The Impossible Burger", and say, goddamn that sounds delicious. No description. I'm assuming they did some crazy stuff like put an egg on it or some kind of trendy pork that isn't bacon because you've gotta be different. I ask "hey what's the impossible burger?" "Oh that's a meat substitute patty."

I'm still mad at myself for even asking and recognizing it's existence.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I was at a somewhat trendy place that did the whole "beef to table" thing real big recently. Small menu, acclaimed chef, foodie type place but it's casual. 

I see "The Impossible Burger", and say, goddamn that sounds delicious. No description. I'm assuming they did some crazy stuff like put an egg on it or some kind of trendy pork that isn't bacon because you've gotta be different. I ask "hey what's the impossible burger?" "Oh that's a meat substitute patty."

I'm still mad at myself for even asking.

Did you stab someone? I'd immediately put a fork in someone's eye for such a travesty.

An impossible burger is blatant false advertising, because I would also think of it as a bacon, egg, fried jalepeno concoction, served between two slabs of pork belly instead of a bun (because, gluten sounds a little like glutton). To hear that there is as much meat in it as a glass of water, that just breaks my heart.

1 minute ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Did you stab someone? I'd immediately put a fork in someone's eye for such a travesty.

An impossible burger is blatant false advertising, because I would also think of it as a bacon, egg, fried jalepeno concoction, served between two slabs of pork belly instead of a bun (because, gluten sounds a little like glutton). To hear that there is as much meat in it as a glass of water, that just breaks my heart.

Exactly. It's not a burger, it's a deconstructed hipster salad gone wrong.

• Like 1

Just now, EliteTexan80 said:

At least tell me it comes with a side of chicken fries...

Nope. Got the regular burger instead with a side of real fries and it was delicious. Maybe I'll make a real impossible burger this weekend.

That's such a good name for a burger it's just an embarrassment that some needlessly thick framed glasses quaff haircut jackass stole it from us.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Nope. Got the regular burger instead with a side of real fries and it was delicious. Maybe I'll make a real impossible burger this weekend.

That's such a good name for a burger it's just an embarrassment that some needlessly thick framed glasses quaff haircut jackass stole it from us.

Fight fire with fire. Create a salad called a vegimine deluxe reduction salad - throw in a bone in, 41oz rare ribeye  instead of kale. 

I'd eat that salad.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I'm still mad at myself for even asking and recognizing it's existence.

Maybe they call it that because it's impossible for them to get anyone to order it.

• Like 3

Pretty soon hipster restaurants will start growing gardens on the tables.  It will be like a hibachi restaurant.  There will be a chef who picks the vegetables right in front of you, washes them, then cuts the salad and serves it.  There will be a fruitarian table where only vegetables that have fallen off will be used.  They will also make burgers from scratch.  A wheat farm will be the centerpiece of the restaurant and they will have a baker prepare the flour from scratch.  Rice and potatoes will also be grown for gluten free options.  For the meat, they will grind up a bunch of vegetables, then mix it in some flour and spices and cook it up right in front of you. 

It will be called Hipachi Bistro. 

*Trademarked. 

23 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

There will be a chef who picks the vegetables right in front of you, washes them, then cuts the salad and serves it.

and wash off all the nutrients?? No thank you.

Edited by MathMan