What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

My sister died in a car accident when she was 18 (not suicide, but a close family death) and it destroyed my family. My family is still off and dysfunctional from it. So I'm not saying I don't understand the impact a death can have on a family, be it suicide or something premature. I'm saying suicide isn't necessarily a choice in some ways. I guess moreso a disoriented impulse if that makes sense. I'm sure they were all aware of their families when they did it. They weren't in a good place mentally. 

1 minute ago, Tyty said:

My sister died in a car accident when she was 18 (not suicide, but a close family death) and it destroyed my family. My family is still off and dysfunctional from it. So I'm not saying I don't understand the impact a death can have on a family, be it suicide or something premature. I'm saying suicide isn't necessarily a choice in some ways. I guess moreso a disoriented impulse if that makes sense. I'm sure they were all aware of their families when they did it. They weren't in a good place mentally. 

Gonna have to strongly disagree with you there. it is 100% a choice to end your own life like Kate Spade, Anthony Bourdain and numerous other celebrities have recently. This isn't a situation where you're terminally ill, on the verge of death or some other circumstance. These were healthy people living comfortable lifestyles that chose to end their lives for whatever reasons they justified to themselves before doing so.

I'd like to think we all have our own experiences with death, be it sudden or suicide, that shook us. I know I have. I can mourn for those people and also be angry at them over their selfish and short-sighted decision to end their life and leave behind children to grow up without parents.

There's always another way. There's always someone to talk to. There's always something you can do. Suicide is never the answer.

• Like 1

Depression that leads to suicide gets to the point that every second of your existence hurts. Opening your eyes in the morning becomes a chore. Getting out of bed sometimes feels insurmountable. Every single thing you see in front of you hurts. Laughing no longer brings joy.

People who commit suicide do so not to be selfish or hurtful to others; they do so the same way that people at the top of a burning building will jump to their death rather than allow the fire to consume their flesh. 

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, iPwn said:

Depression that leads to suicide gets to the point that every second of your existence hurts. Opening your eyes in the morning becomes a chore. Getting out of bed sometimes feels insurmountable. Every single thing you see in front of you hurts. Laughing no longer brings joy.

People who commit suicide do so not to be selfish or hurtful to others; they do so the same way that people at the top of a burning building will jump to their death rather than allow the fire to consume their flesh. 

The intention of not being selfish doesn't change the result of being selfish.

Just drove by McDonald's and their sign said they have fresh beef quarter pounders now lol. If there's one place I'm not gonna trust to properly use/store/cook fresh meat it's McDonald's 

Actually nah the place I trust least is Pizza Hut cause I worked there and legit saw some suspect stuff often. "This chicken is a month expired can I throw it out." "Ew yeah. On second thought, no. Put it back in the freezer" 

2 minutes ago, Tyty said:

Actually nah the place I trust least is Pizza Hut cause I worked there and legit saw some suspect stuff often. "This chicken is a month expired can I throw it out." "Ew yeah. On second thought, no. Put it back in the freezer" 

I've never understood the love for Pizza Hut, personally.

13 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

The intention of not being selfish doesn't change the result of being selfish.

And people have the right to be selfish. Someone shouldn’t have to spend decades in unspeakable pain just because not doing so might hurt someone else.