What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

“The so-called ‘psychotically depressed’ person who tries to kill herself doesn’t do so out of quote ‘hopelessness’ or any abstract conviction that life’s assets and debits do not square. And surely not because death seems suddenly appealing. The person in whom Its invisible agony reaches a certain unendurable level will kill herself the same way a trapped person will eventually jump from the window of a burning high-rise. Make no mistake about people who leap from burning windows. Their terror of falling from a great height is still just as great as it would be for you or me standing speculatively at the same window just checking out the view; i.e. the fear of falling remains a constant. The variable here is the other terror, the fire’s flames: when the flames get close enough, falling to death becomes the slightly less terrible of two terrors. It’s not desiring the fall; it’s terror of the flames. And yet nobody down on the sidewalk, looking up and yelling ‘Don’t!’ and ‘Hang on!’, can understand the jump. Not really. You’d have to have personally been trapped and felt flames to really understand a terror way beyond falling.”

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Who leaves their car running without anyone in it?

It's common, especially when it's hot out. If they didn't leave the car running and left the dogs outside, then you'd have someone breathing down their necks about dogs being left in a hot vehicle. 

19 minutes ago, Desperado82 said:

It's common, especially when it's hot out. If they didn't leave the car running and left the dogs outside, then you'd have someone breathing down their necks about dogs being left in a hot vehicle. 

It's dumb. Smart people have a person sit in the car when they leave it running to keep it from being stolen.

Just now, jrry32 said:

It's dumb. Smart people have a person sit in the car when they leave it running to keep it from being stolen.

I mean sure, but in cases where you're going in to eat somewhere it isn't uncommon to leave the dogs in the car with the vehicle running. 

Whatever the case, things happen. It's probably something they've done multiple times without issue. 

Just now, Desperado82 said:

I mean sure, but in cases where you're going in to eat somewhere it isn't uncommon to leave the dogs in the car with the vehicle running. 

Whatever the case, things happen. It's probably something they've done multiple times without issue. 

You're begging for the car to be stolen. Have one person go in, get the food, and then eat in the car.

Just now, jrry32 said:

You're begging for the car to be stolen. Have one person go in, get the food, and then eat in the car.

*shrug*

Different strokes for different folks. I've been in this exact scenario and done the same without incident. 

I'm just happy the dogs were recovered and they're all ok. I'm sure this handler will take a different approach in the future.

Just now, Desperado82 said:

*shrug*

Different strokes for different folks. I've been in this exact scenario and done the same without incident. 

I'm just happy the dogs were recovered and they're all ok. I'm sure this handler will take a different approach in the future.

I'm sure people have left loaded guns within the reach of their kids without anyone getting shot. It's still a bad idea.

I got a friend request on Facebook from a cousin that I was surprised that I wasn't friends yet but didn't think much of it. I start getting messaging asking how I'm doing and if I've heard the good news and sounding pretty odd. She then asked if I read some workman's comp thing which made me realize it wasn't her. 

Turns out she's got 2 Facebook pages now and the hackers are adding people and sending messages.  I wonder what that's all about

6 hours ago, Tyty said:

I've learned the only people that can really feel sympathetic/empathetic towards mental illness are those that have been impacted by it through having it or being around it. When you get feeling low enough, depression calls the shots. Doesn't matter what you've got going for you when that happens. Sure, they should've been seeing psychiatrists and been on meds for it (if they weren't already) but to **** on them after they got so low they felt they needed to do this is just really crappy in my eyes. Chester Bennington, Robin Williams, these two celebrities all had fame and money and family and everything you could really need, but the darkness took over their lives. There needs to be more of an understanding about it all. It's terrible the kids are left to this, I understand. They should've tried harder to get help. But all in all, depression called the shots in the end. 

(Ftr I didn't mention Chris Cornell because his was from taking the wrong dose of his meds and it caused him to do something he might not have otherwise wanted to do. Who knows tho)

6 hours ago, jfinley88 said:

can you really understand anything "perfectly well" unless you actually get on the brink of doing it? why would you be confident that you can understand or relate to it? it is selfish from the sense you're hurting others 100%. but to say you understand the delirium/delusion and all of the involuntary bodily responses that are occurring when those feelings hit their peak to me is wild. assuming they're in a clear head space where they're considering all of the implications of their actions? just crazy to me when people speak finitely about things when they're mentally healthy. which i may be unfairly assuming that of you. 

and nah man i dont care about your opinion on the matter. dont care about mine either. think whatever you want to about annnnything i dont give af. i dont know why i responded in a snobby way. i've had a lot of experience with it too and just emphasize with it personally. just always hear people say it's selfish and i dunno why that irks me even though it's true. it's like... yeah that's true... but it's ignoring how wild **** can be mentally when you're at that point and obviously not thinking like a rational person would. i know that's not the case in ALL suicide, but... i dunno, i actually gotta stop typing and pick my roommate up so imma stop typing 

and yeah putting your kid in that situation is ridiculous man, i agree. that dude sucked. 

my bad if i was being snobby i feel like i was but cant remember, im hungover 

Long day of travel, sorry for the delay in responding.

I don’t think suicide is overly selfish, it’s your life and all, but more specifically when you have kids.

My personal opinion, but the day you decide to have children is the day that ending your life and throwing your pain on them is no longer an option. As hard as it may be, you carry that burden for them. There’s nothing I wouldn’t go through to save my children feeling the pain and having the unanswered questions that Kate Spade and Anthony Bourdain’s kids are right now.

@jfinley88, no worries bruh, hope you’re feeling better.