What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Spoken like a man with no kids tbh

Spoken like someone who only knows depression from the classroom and in a clinical setting tbh

• Like 1

Hope this is allowed to slide.

Ran into my greatest "kid embarrassing his parent" moment ever.

Son had a field trip to the zoo. Im there with a couple dozen other parents to pick mine up. Mine and his friend come charging up to me and the others mom. The other kids shouting on the way to us, "Mom, we saw this hippo fart for like 30 seconds!" To which mines bellowing, "We did! And there was an elephant peeing so hard I thought it was going to blow the tip right off his wiener!"

• Like 2

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Ah so your one personal experience makes your opinion more valid, got it.

You're the one who brought personal experience into the discussion. 

3 minutes ago, iPwn said:

Given the post directly above, I doubt it.

Fair. I was trying to give the BOTD. It's kind of ironic to say that it's selfish for a suffering person to kill themselves because of the pain that it will cause the family. Isn't it just as selfish for the family to want that person to stick around to spare them that pain? Personally, I'd rather not see a depressed person who has nothing physically wrong with him/her kill himself/herself. Depression is treatable. But I'm not going to beat a person up over it. He/she made a choice. That's his/her right. 

• Like 1

I feel like ipwn is fighting for my honor right now because he's arguing the same points I was but at the same time he's not actually fighting for my honor per se but my heart is still soaring and I feel like I'm in the twilight zone or something 

Just now, jrry32 said:

Fair. I was trying to give the BOTD. It's kind of ironic to say that it's selfish for a suffering person to kill themselves because of the pain that it will cause the family. Isn't it just as selfish for the family to want that person to stick around to spare them that pain? Personally, I'd rather not see a depressed person who has nothing physically wrong with him/her kill himself/herself. Depression is treatable. But I'm not going to beat a person up over it. He/she made a choice. That's his/her right. 

I have chronic lung issues from cancer, do I have your permission then

Just now, iPwn said:

You're the one who brought personal experience into the discussion. 

No I brought perspective into the discussion.  

Kids add another layer to the conversation.

Your posts had a tone that reeked of a single dude with a cat, not someone responsible for raising another human who is counting on you to be their rock through the formative years of their lives.

Just now, Tyty said:

I have chronic lung issues from cancer, do I have your permission then

You don't need my permission. You don't need anyone's permission. It's your life, hombre. If you don't want to live anymore, you have the right to make that choice.

7 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Hope this is allowed to slide.

Ran into my greatest "kid embarrassing his parent" moment ever.

Son had a field trip to the zoo. Im there with a couple dozen other parents to pick mine up. Mine and his friend come charging up to me and the others mom. The other kids shouting on the way to us, "Mom, we saw this hippo fart for like 30 seconds!" To which mines bellowing, "We did! And there was an elephant peeing so hard I thought it was going to blow the tip right off his wiener!"

My worst embarrassing kid moment was when my son opened a large pack of blueberries at a grocery store right by the checkout lane and all of the blueberries fell through the cart and went absolutely everywhere. I wanted to melt through the floor and I've had a headache behind my eyes ever since