What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

17 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

**** got way too serious in here.

Big props to @Whicker for winning Big Brother!

2 minutes ago, Tyty said:

It's gettin super heavy up in here 

My bad bros.

Didnt mean to make things personal @iPwn. I do feel I understand it, and have classroom, clinical and personal experience with it. I just have a different opinion. 

For what i may lack in personal experience, I think it’s fair to say you lack perspective when it comes to things like responsibility to your child.

I feel bad these folks feel they had no other choice, but I think their actions essentially shifted their pain to their loved ones and left them with a shtpile in their laps, which I don’t really care for or respect (personally).

Im also sorry you had such difficult times and am glad you’re past them (I hope). While we don’t often agree, I do enjoy the back and forth with you and appreciate your takes.

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

am glad you’re past them (I hope)

I am. Hopefully for good. And it truly would be great if everyone facing these demons had a similar result. 

• Like 3

Depression straight up sucks. Have been battling it (along with anxiety) for 18 years. It's a battle every single day and that coupled with my fibromyalgia can legit make things a living hell at times. 

5 hours ago, Tyty said:

Just drove by McDonald's and their sign said they have fresh beef quarter pounders now lol. If there's one place I'm not gonna trust to properly use/store/cook fresh meat it's McDonald's 

I've had food poisoning twice, both from different Burger King locations. I've only eaten there 5-6 times.

LMAO. My food poisoning ratio there is about the same as LeBron's Finals record.

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

I've had food poisoning twice, both from different Burger King locations. I've only eaten there 5-6 times.

LMAO. My food poisoning ratio there is about the same as LeBron's Finals record.

TOO SOON

2 hours ago, Sugashane said:

hopefully, you handle it better at least :)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Shady Slim said:

TOO SOON

CLE fans have had plenty of time to prepare for this, say since the moment the Warriors clinched the West... lol

6 hours ago, MathMan said:

hopefully, you handle it better at least :)

I took my talents for gluttony to Five Guys. Not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6, not 7 times, but dozens of times.

15 hours ago, iPwn said:

Depression that leads to suicide gets to the point that every second of your existence hurts. Opening your eyes in the morning becomes a chore. Getting out of bed sometimes feels insurmountable. Every single thing you see in front of you hurts. Laughing no longer brings joy.

People who commit suicide do so not to be selfish or hurtful to others; they do so the same way that people at the top of a burning building will jump to their death rather than allow the fire to consume their flesh. 

The part of the "it's selfish" take that I truly don't get, even when children are involved, is that it assumes someone who's existence is accurately described as above is simultaneously capable of waking up every day and acting as a selfless, devoted, loving parent. What's even more dumbfounding is that a large percentage of the "selfish" people are parents who will be the first to say that anyone who isn't a parent has no idea how difficult it is.

I don't care how good an actor or a liar a parent is or how self-absorbed children are, that type of depression is going to seep through that relationship and the kids are going to know at some level. Pretending that his/her pain is only passed on to the children because of the suicide is just that, pretending.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Desperado82 said:

Depression straight up sucks. Have been battling it (along with anxiety) for 18 years. It's a battle every single day and that coupled with my fibromyalgia can legit make things a living hell at times. 

roughly the same amount of time here.  I swear it gets worse every year.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, patdt13 said:

I paid 6 bucks for 30 seconds to Mars tickets tonight. Did I make a bad choice?

Nothing that's only $6 could ever be bad imo. But for real tho I'd def pay $6 to see Jared Leto