What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

3 hours ago, EliteTexan80 said:

RIP Anthony Bourdain...

Thoughts and prayers for their (Kate Spade too) families, who they passed their pain on to, specifically the young children they decided to leave behind.

Gross and selfish decision iyam, but I’ll leave it at that.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, texans_uk said:

I'm not a fan of baby or wedding registries. It's the 21st century these traditions were invented in the 19th century when people had very little.

I generally agree, except for maybe young couples and young couples having their first kid.

If you’re 30 or had a kid before, you don’t need my help paying for your ish.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, texans_uk said:

I'm not a fan of baby or wedding registries. It's the 21st century these traditions were invented in the 19th century when people had very little.

Aside from cute outfits I wore as I child I'm not expecting anything from anyone for my baby.

Recently had someone who, with their partner, earns almost quadruple our combined salary asking for donations for £1,000+ rocking chairs and other items. 

Perhaps I'm just bitter.

We didn't have one for our first kid. Some of my baby mama's friends tried to plan a surprise baby shower and she found out and shut that **** down. lol

It's not like we needed it. We're both fairly well off monetarily and reasonably responsible. If we need something, we just buy it.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Thoughts and prayers for their (Kate Spade too) families, who they passed their pain on to, specifically the young children they decided to leave behind.

Gross and selfish decision iyam, but I’ll leave it at that.

A medical professional is calling suicide gross and selfish? We don't know the whole story and the extent of their mental illness, fam. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Tyty said:

Basics like infinite diapers, wipes, and basic cheap white onesies. I'd recommend not getting a diaper genie if you don't want to keep up on it. It's significantly cheaper just to throw out the diapers in a plastic grocery bag every day. Even toys aren't really a necessity in some respects imo. My kids were more interested in stupid stuff like paper and cups and stuff than $30 paw patrol toys. Jumper and bouncer is a good idea. Excess of pacifiers if you go that route. And if you get pacifiers, get a pacifier clip so the kid doesn't rip it out of their mouth and throw it or lose it. And maybe a keurig cause you not gonna get much sleep for a while. 

Get a mamaroo or electric swing toy, those are great. Get a pack and play, that's a must have. The best thing about a pack and play is you can use it like a bassinet and baby changer station when they're little. Don't waste time getting an actual baby changing station, I ended up doing it on my bed or couch 99% of the time. 

Why are you guys so down on diaper genies? Those things rock! The refills aren't that bad either. Target has an off brand that you get 3 diaper genies for like 10 or 15 bucks. 

29 minutes ago, steadypimpin said:

Get a mamaroo or electric swing toy, those are great. Get a pack and play, that's a must have. The best thing about a pack and play is you can use it like a bassinet and baby changer station when they're little. Don't waste time getting an actual baby changing station, I ended up doing it on my bed or couch 99% of the time. 

Swings are vital. They will save your life.

Pack n plays are a staple.

And you won't ever use a diaper changing station. The couch will be where you change diapers.

10/10. Would recommend this post.

Just now, bucsfan333 said:

And you won't ever use a diaper changing station. The couch will be where you change diapers.

Oh, also get a boppy pillow. Those things are critical when you're feeding the kids a bottle.

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

I had a changing table attached to a crib for my first kid and used it every morning and night. But if it wasn't attached? Probably wouldn't have used it. Usually I just get on the floor and change my daughter there cause it's not like cramped or anything. 

But yeah pack n plays are blessed little prisons for children that let you sleep and stuff while they do their thing. 

2 hours ago, Tyty said:

A medical professional is calling suicide gross and selfish? We don't know the whole story and the extent of their mental illness, fam. 

associating characteristics like gross and selfish with suicide makes it pretty obvious you got a limited scope on mental health iyam, but ill leave it at that 

2 hours ago, Tyty said:

I don’t need to to think leaving a child without a parent is selfish.

9 minutes ago, jfinley88 said:

associating characteristics like gross and selfish with suicide makes it pretty obvious you got a limited scope on mental health iyam, but ill leave it at that 

Why?  Because my opinion differs from yours? I’ve had plenty of experience both in the classroom and in a clinical setting, I understand it perfectly well.  

I’ve also grown up with a friend who found their father after he blew his head off when we were 8 and saw what that did to them. It f**ks that kid up something serious in most cases.

• Like 1

I think suicide is inherently selfish and gross, too.  There may be extenuating mental circumstances that change selfishness and grotesqueness into something else, but at face value, suicide is selfish and gross.  Mental health is used as an excuse far too often for things like that without it really applying in most cases.  Especially when you get into depression.  Depression can be self-induced depression through drugs and alcohol and generally not taking steps to avoid depression (toxic relationships, pattern of poor decisions, etc). 

I find that most people who defend suicide are still alive. 

• Like 1

I've learned the only people that can really feel sympathetic/empathetic towards mental illness are those that have been impacted by it through having it or being around it. When you get feeling low enough, depression calls the shots. Doesn't matter what you've got going for you when that happens. Sure, they should've been seeing psychiatrists and been on meds for it (if they weren't already) but to **** on them after they got so low they felt they needed to do this is just really crappy in my eyes. Chester Bennington, Robin Williams, these two celebrities all had fame and money and family and everything you could really need, but the darkness took over their lives. There needs to be more of an understanding about it all. It's terrible the kids are left to this, I understand. They should've tried harder to get help. But all in all, depression called the shots in the end. 

(Ftr I didn't mention Chris Cornell because his was from taking the wrong dose of his meds and it caused him to do something he might not have otherwise wanted to do. Who knows tho)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Why?  Because my opinion differs from yours? I’ve had plenty of experience both in the classroom and in a clinical setting, I understand it perfectly well.  

I’ve also grown up with a friend who found their father after he blew his head off when we were 8 and saw what that did to them. It f**ks that kid up something serious in most cases.

can you really understand anything "perfectly well" unless you actually get on the brink of doing it? why would you be confident that you can understand or relate to it? it is selfish from the sense you're hurting others 100%. but to say you understand the delirium/delusion and all of the involuntary bodily responses that are occurring when those feelings hit their peak to me is wild. assuming they're in a clear head space where they're considering all of the implications of their actions? just crazy to me when people speak finitely about things when they're mentally healthy. which i may be unfairly assuming that of you. 

and nah man i dont care about your opinion on the matter. dont care about mine either. think whatever you want to about annnnything i dont give af. i dont know why i responded in a snobby way. i've had a lot of experience with it too and just emphasize with it personally. just always hear people say it's selfish and i dunno why that irks me even though it's true. it's like... yeah that's true... but it's ignoring how wild **** can be mentally when you're at that point and obviously not thinking like a rational person would. i know that's not the case in ALL suicide, but... i dunno, i actually gotta stop typing and pick my roommate up so imma stop typing 

and yeah putting your kid in that situation is ridiculous man, i agree. that dude sucked. 

my bad if i was being snobby i feel like i was but cant remember, im hungover 

• Like 2