Pre season game #4 final auditions.

AKRNA

Paxton has had his chance vs players who will actually suit up on Sundays - he showed he just can't do it at that level. This is why we should've just cut him before that final game and brought in a very cheap vet to get them some experience with our Offense.

I find the 4th preseason game as more of a chance for players who haven't had the chance against 1st and 2nd teamers to show that they should be kept around, with a view to giving them that chance at some point (whether it be practice or otherwise).

I watched the game without rewind (again), but a player who seemed to flash was DeShawn Williams. Never heard his name mentioned, but he spent most of his snaps in the backfield.

Has anyone heard his named mentioned at all this preseason?

7 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Paxton has had his chance vs players who will actually suit up on Sundays - he showed he just can't do it at that level. This is why we should've just cut him before that final game and brought in a very cheap vet to get them some experience with our Offense.

Paxton just did us a huge favor. Going into yesterdays game he had about 0 trade value. Now we can just hope other GM's forget about his previous body of work and concentrate on his performance last night we just might get something for him after all.

Don't know anything about Williams. I'm curious about Wilkinson though. I understand he played the first half at RG and switched to LT for the 2nd half. 

2 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Prediction? Or did you hear something?

Prediction.....but they might shock us and just keep all three. Hard to read if they are propping him up to try and trade him or if they actually value him 

34 minutes ago, champ11 said:

Prediction.....but they might shock us and just keep all three. Hard to read if they are propping him up to try and trade him or if they actually value him 

14/15, 128 yards and 2 TDs, 0 INTs might be the most infuriating great broncos QB stat line of my lifetime. 

Lol right? I still think he gets cut. Most of his passes last night were simple screen and dump off routes. I only recall seeing one post rout (which he did complete), and only a couple of throws that traveled more than 10 yards in the air. To me, there wasn't anything particularly impressive about that performance. In a regular season setting, the defense would have jumped all over that and forced him to make real reads and throws. AKRNA has a point though; maybe he has a tiny bit of trade value now. 

Elway will find any excuse not to cut Paxton. Any sniff of a chance he can say he can pick QB's he'll take. Plus we need everyone we've got as we "can go all the way".

(Rumoured live reaction of Elway to the game last night)

Image result for elway gif

On 8/31/2018 at 12:02 AM, lomaxgrUK said:

I find the 4th preseason game as more of a chance for players who haven't had the chance against 1st and 2nd teamers to show that they should be kept around, with a view to giving them that chance at some point (whether it be practice or otherwise).

I watched the game without rewind (again), but a player who seemed to flash was DeShawn Williams. Never heard his name mentioned, but he spent most of his snaps in the backfield.

Has anyone heard his named mentioned at all this preseason?

Just saw that Williams was signed to the PS.

Archived