Phoenix trades Knight/Chriss to Houston for Anderson/Melton

DalCowboyzRule

4 hours ago, CWood21 said:

So...they trade one bad contract for another slightly less bad contract, and you're praising Morey for that?  I guess whatever floats your boat.  I don't really see any logic in this deal other than one man's trash is another man's treasure.  Right now, I see more upside on Phoenix's side than Houston's, but on paper seems better for Houston.  Phoenix gets a chance to rehab Anderson's value, and maybe deal him for a minor asset next offseason.  Chriss is garbage, and quite honestly I'm not sure he plays over Nene.  They're essentially paying Brandon Knight $15M/year to play the 12 MPG that CP3 doesn't.  I wouldn't be cheering this deal for either team tbh.

Chriss is still young.  Suns arent exactly known for developing their young prospects.  Hopefully here in Houston the coaching staff can develop me into the type of player he was projected to be. Not expecting much for Knight other than him being an upgrade over MCW.  Not really saying much.  Getting rid of Anderson is clearly a win especially when you were one of the posters who said we would have to give up multiple firsts just to get rid of him. 

20 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

Chriss is still young.  Suns arent exactly known for developing their young prospects.  Hopefully here in Houston the coaching staff can develop me into the type of player he was projected to be. Not expecting much for Knight other than him being an upgrade over MCW.  Not really saying much.  Getting rid of Anderson is clearly a win especially when you were one of the posters who said we would have to give up multiple firsts just to get rid of him. 

If you want to have a legitimate discussion (and I'm absolutely game for), at least sort of attempt to keep my comments in context.  I didn't say that the Rockets would have to give up multiple firsts to move him at all.  I said they'd have to give up multiple firsts in order to move him for an expiring contract or immediate cap relief.

42 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

If you want to have a legitimate discussion (and I'm absolutely game for), at least sort of attempt to keep my comments in context.  I didn't say that the Rockets would have to give up multiple firsts to move him at all.  I said they'd have to give up multiple firsts in order to move him for an expiring contract or immediate cap relief.

lets discuss it then

38 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

lets discuss it then

I'm not sure what needs to be discussed that hasn't already.  Brandon Knight is due another $30.1M over the next 2 years and Anderson is due another $37M over 2 years, so they save ~$7M over two years.  Chris Paul has averaged 32 MPG over the last three seasons, and they're not playing Knight over Eric Gordon at SG, so you're penciling in Knight into 16 MPG.  Are you telling me that you don't believe that Ryan Anderson could get as many (or more) minutes with Phoenix?  This isn't a great deal for either team.  Just swapping bad contracts.

On 8/31/2018 at 2:35 PM, Pastor Dillon said:

For the suns, yes. For the rockets no for a couple reasons

1. He wasn’t agreeing to a pay cut with us, so we save money 

2. Knight has much more potential as a 4th Guard in our system than Anderson did in his current role. 

I love how everyone was saying “no one will take on Ryan Anderson unless you take on a worse deal or give up 1st”

and now it’s “you can’t claim to be right because Knight sucks”

maybe he does but he sucks at 5 million less. 

How many times do we have to post in here that we were talking about moving Anderson for significant cap space? This was a move to save the owner tax dollars. Which is totally fair considering Anderson isn’t needed. But these prior discussions you are referring to were regarding moving Anderson to make a corresponding personnel move. 

The nuggets just moved a more valuable first round pick to move 1 year 20m worth of contracts. 

3 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I'm not sure what needs to be discussed that hasn't already.  Brandon Knight is due another $30.1M over the next 2 years and Anderson is due another $37M over 2 years, so they save ~$7M over two years.  Chris Paul has averaged 32 MPG over the last three seasons, and they're not playing Knight over Eric Gordon at SG, so you're penciling in Knight into 16 MPG.  Are you telling me that you don't believe that Ryan Anderson could get as many (or more) minutes with Phoenix?  This isn't a great deal for either team.  Just swapping bad contracts.

Anderson was going to make 41 million for us, so it saves us 11 million over 2 years.

I

4 hours ago, CWood21 said:

we save money on the trade and get an easier contract to trade (Knight). Neither player is good although I think Knight will be better in Houston than Anderson in Phoenix.  Chriss still has potential at 21 years old and maybe a change of scenery with a much better situation and organization who knows how to develop players will do him good.  Melton might be the better player down the line but he clearly wasnt getting PT here.  

Suns have the potential to be really good defensively on the wing with Melton, Jackson and Bridges.  If Ayton can be just an average rim protector they will be a well rounded team.  I think they could throw an offer-sheet at Rozier next summer.

On 8/31/2018 at 8:28 PM, Texansfan713 said:

No one said that bro. You and pastor were running around saying it would be easy to dump Ryno for CAP RELIEF. We all said to dump Ryno without taking any money back, it would require multiple firsts. No one said you couldn't trade him for another crappy contract.

Rockets fans trying to flip the script on this is lol funny. None of y'all were posting deals involving Ryan Anderson and other bad contracts. It was always you dump Ryan Anderson on some poor team without giving them anything of value and you take zero money back. Thats not what happened here so don't play this game with us.

15 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

Rockets fans trying to flip the script on this is lol funny. None of y'all were posting deals involving Ryan Anderson and other bad contracts. It was always you dump Ryan Anderson on some poor team without giving them anything of value and you take zero money back. Thats not what happened here so don't play this game with us.

whats funny is yall all of a sudden thinking we traded a valuable asset a few months from saying rockets dont have an asset.  The hate is real.

On 9/1/2018 at 9:40 PM, Texansfan713 said:

I

we save money on the trade and get an easier contract to trade (Knight). Neither player is good although I think Knight will be better in Houston than Anderson in Phoenix.  Chriss still has potential at 21 years old and maybe a change of scenery with a much better situation and organization who knows how to develop players will do him good.  Melton might be the better player down the line but he clearly wasnt getting PT here.  

We're talking about a marginally easier contract to trade.  Let's not pretend like the Rockets could wake up tomorrow and find a team whose willing to take on Knight's salary.  It won't happen.  And the only reason you believe that Knight will be better in Houston than Anderson in Phoenix is because you're a Rockets fan.  He's got a very finite role in Houston as CP3's backup, which means you're looking at ~14 MPG.  Who exactly is Ryan Anderson competing with?  There's a much clearer path to PT in Phoenix for Ryan Anderson.

Archived