Week 1 GDT Thread - Chicago (0-0) @ Green Bay (0-0)

Leader

9 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

But don't you believe that, based on the way they rate every player, any errors in understanding even out across the league? 

Basically, is Goldman doing something he shouldn't get docked for that's not also docked from other players at the position?

Put it to the test and look at all the DL ranked by PFF and see if there are any major issues.  Players rated way too low, players rated way too high, etc.

I know for the first few years they were absolutely terrible at figuring out 3-4 DE play. Like they sucked epically at it.

They still don't do a great job weighing pressure vs gap holding in their overall grades. The same idiotic thing they were doing where blocking had the same weight as receiving for tight ends. 

From Ask Vic:

Q:  If the Bears try to use Mack as a situational pass rusher, can the Packers (Rodgers) disrupt their ability to use him as they want by going no huddle more often?

A:  I consider the no-huddle to be the Packers' base offense, and I expect to see plenty of it on Sunday night. Khalil Mack won't be in playing shape. Getting him trapped on the field might be as good as getting him trapped on the sideline.

17 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

From Ask Vic:

Q:  If the Bears try to use Mack as a situational pass rusher, can the Packers (Rodgers) disrupt their ability to use him as they want by going no huddle more often?

A:  I consider the no-huddle to be the Packers' base offense, and I expect to see plenty of it on Sunday night. Khalil Mack won't be in playing shape. Getting him trapped on the field might be as good as getting him trapped on the sideline.

Do people think Mack was sitting around his house eating Doritos and smoking grass?

Mack should be playing 40 snaps for the Bears, He's an edge rusher, not a QB. The scheme isn't that complex. "See QB, Hit QB". Done.

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

Do people think Mack was sitting around his house eating Doritos and smoking grass?

(Nobody calls it grass anymore; its weed dude )  
You know as well as anybody that there's a difference between football shape and gym shape and it typically shows up later in football games.
The adrenaline surge of Game 1 is epic, but a lot of it gets wasted waiting around for the night game to start. And then the surge runs out in part because of the circadian rhythms we all experience as humans.

The adrenaline surge drains the energy reserves earlier on and there just ain't much left. You could see the fatigue last night on both sides of the ball in Philly after the super-hyped Opener reached deeper into the 3rd/4th quarters. Mid-season, its a different story

Mack also just changed time zones and sleep patterns, neither of which are helping his cause. He's an immensely talented player, but I don't think he will be at his peak performance on Sunday night and from a strategic point of view, I'd stress that guy early and often.

Fatigue makes cowards of us all

- Lombardi

18 hours ago, WaitWhat said:

How Harrison is still employed is beyond me. Somebody introduce him to Marcedes Lewis. 

Anyways, hope we don’t look as rusty as both of these teams have so far. 

Lewis isn't going to routinely stop Mack one on one. Like it's not even close or debatable.

12 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

And then the surge runs out in part because of the circadian rhythms we all experience as humans.

You got me with circadian rhythms. Circadian (great word referring to the 24 hour cycle), and Rhythms (the longest word with no vowels).

How can I top that ?  I can't, but I'll give you this: "A man, a plan, a canal, Panama"

why is that special ?

23 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

You got me with circadian rhythms. Circadian (great word referring to the 24 hour cycle), and Rhythms (the longest word with no vowels).

How can I top that ?  I can't, but I'll give you this: "A man, a plan, a canal, Panama"

why is that special ?

It's the same forwards and backwards

Archived