Week 1 GDT Thread - Chicago (0-0) @ Green Bay (0-0)

Leader

4 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

100% agree with Fennell here and I've been saying the same thing. We are going to miss Jones these first two weeks, especially Week 2 vs. Minny.

He’s a difference maker for sure.  I truly hope his absence in the first two games isn’t the difference between a W and an L.

Just now, Sasquatch said:

He’s a difference maker for sure.  I truly hope his absence in the first two games isn’t the difference between a W and an L.

We should handle the Bears without him, but a playmaker can make a difference in a big game like Minny. At least Williams and Monty aren't slouches, they just aren't Jones. Can't wait til he's back.

13 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

If Aaron Jones had been the back that had started getting carries first rather than the back that people got to ***** about not playing, we would be talking about Jamaal Williams as a triple threat game breaker.

. . .which he is

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

13 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

If Aaron Jones had been the back that had started getting carries first rather than the back that people got to ***** about not playing, we would be talking about Jamaal Williams as a triple threat game breaker.

Nah man, that NO game was pretty impressive.  Best game I've seen from a Packers back in a while.

Coaches should be embarrassed by how the carries were split once Jones returned from injury.  Williams is Alfred Morris out there and he's got mccoy backing him up.

14 hours ago, packfanfb said:

We should handle the Bears without him, but a playmaker can make a difference in a big game like Minny. At least Williams and Monty aren't slouches, they just aren't Jones. Can't wait til he's back.

I can't wait for him to be back. Just to give you hell first time Jones loses 2 years and @ you saying "good thing that was Jones and not Williams on the 2 yard loss, Williams would have lost 22 yards there." Lol

58 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

Nah man, that NO game was pretty impressive.  Best game I've seen from a Packers back in a while.

Coaches should be embarrassed by how the carries were split once Jones returned from injury.  Williams is Alfred Morris out there and he's got mccoy backing him up.

I trust them but sometimes you gotta wonder what's going on there. Just to push Jones to work on the other aspects? AKA blocking?

8 minutes ago, Norm said:

I trust them but sometimes you gotta wonder what's going on there. Just to push Jones to work on the other aspects? AKA blocking?

It's 100% blocking and the fact that Jones wasn't healthy. It's people making a mountain out of an ant hill regarding the splits. It's also people vastly underrating Jamaal Williams.

Jones got two starts with Aaron and one where Hundley and the offense was a relative unknown. Every start Williams made it was known there was nothing to fear of our pass game.

9 minutes ago, Norm said:

I can't wait for him to be back. Just to give you hell first time Jones loses 2 years and @ you saying "good thing that was Jones and not Williams on the 2 yard loss, Williams would have lost 22 yards there." Lol

It's hard to win on this forum sometimes lol. I say Fackrell sucks and people are up in arms like I hate the Packers. I say Jones is (going to be) great and people get mad....

Fine, none of our players are bad and none are great.....they are all just average-to-good. 

1 minute ago, Shanedorf said:

Scheme, personnel, Down & Distance will dictate a lot of this -
But which player(s) would you rather have covering RB's and TE's vs the bears ?

Martinez
Matthews
Banged up Burks
Korey Toomer
One of the Safeties
Fackrell
Morrison

Burks isn't going to play I bet. Same with Jones.

I want Morrison on early downs and I want Josh Jackson brought in as the "dime backer." Play him in the slot and on the TE with Jaire on Taylor Gabriel. Rotate him around with Tramon and mix up the looks.

Going to be on the DL to stop Howard, if they can do that and get some push I feel real good about our DBs getting their hands on some Trubisky passes.

Archived