Week 1 GDT Thread - Chicago (0-0) @ Green Bay (0-0)

Leader

10 hours ago, ReadyToThump said:

Lol. Good point. However, I have no faith in Monty having any big games until he can prove he isn't made of glass. Here's to hoping he surprises me and continues hunting and harvesting those bears! 

Nah, he will have like 150 yards and 2 TDs week 1 and then hurt himself in Wednesday's practice and miss 6 weeks. xD

This game will determine the season for the Bears.  The Packers can afford a loss here and come back and do what's necessary to win enough games over the season, especially since Rodgers does his best when the Packers are most desperate (in the regular season of course).  The Bears have a LOT of pressure on them to win this year, and win early.  With two primetime games in a row, if they stumble, they could crumble. 

Therefore, since so much rides on this game for the Bears, the Packers should be acting like this is a game that will have far-stretching ramifications.  Packers need to remind the Bears of where they rank in the division and be sure to not let them believe they're on equal footing as the Packers. 

The more I think about this game, the more nervous I get only because of how confident I am in it.  There's no reason the Packers should lose this game.  If they do, it will be very disappointing. 

31 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

This game will determine the season for the Bears.  The Packers can afford a loss here and come back and do what's necessary to win enough games over the season, especially since Rodgers does his best when the Packers are most desperate (in the regular season of course).  The Bears have a LOT of pressure on them to win this year, and win early.  With two primetime games in a row, if they stumble, they could crumble. 

Therefore, since so much rides on this game for the Bears, the Packers should be acting like this is a game that will have far-stretching ramifications.  Packers need to remind the Bears of where they rank in the division and be sure to not let them believe they're on equal footing as the Packers. 

The more I think about this game, the more nervous I get only because of how confident I am in it.  There's no reason the Packers should lose this game.  If they do, it will be very disappointing. 

I am surrounded by Bears fans (I married into it) they are already talking about going from a 6 win team to a 10 win team. Losing this game would be my nightmare. 

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Unless the Bears suffer some serious season ending injuries, I dont see how this first game will determine the remainder of their season.

We just don't want them to win ANY games though...lol

“I think you just have to believe in the men,” McCarthy said. “Obviously we haven’t practiced a whole lot together, the offensive line that’s projected to start in this game. Hopefully the good Lord touched us and we got our injury phase out of the way.

“That’s part of the challenge. These guys have a lot of playing experience. They didn’t have the volume of reps in training camp you’d like going into it, but we’ll have a great week of practice and be ready to go.”

2 hours ago, Leader said:

Unless the Bears suffer some serious season ending injuries, I dont see how this first game will determine the remainder of their season.

The first game is pretty important for setting a standard for most teams.  Especially first year head coaches.  To suffer a deflating loss in week one is something that's tough to come back from.  If I was at home or took some time to think about it, I could list a lot of examples.  

Momentum and confidence are very important intangible aspects that go into a football season.  

3 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

The first game is pretty important for setting a standard for most teams.  Especially first year head coaches.  To suffer a deflating loss in week one is something that's tough to come back from.  If I was at home or took some time to think about it, I could list a lot of examples.  

Momentum and confidence are very important intangible aspects that go into a football season.  

IMO this game is  more important for GB than CHI for the simple reason that it is at GB. Hard to win this division with a home division loss. I'd agree if this game were at CHI. Either way, division wins are extremely important because the race with Minny may come down to a division tie-breaker or a one-game difference. 

Archived