Week 1 GDT Thread - Chicago (0-0) @ Green Bay (0-0)

Leader

In all honesty this game scares me a bit, on the surface it’s “Bears Vs Packers” at Lambeau and that’s usually guaranteed, but I think it takes a few weeks for our defense to settle in. I’m not too high on the ILBs honestly, and the young CBs might give up some big plays.

Rodgers talked about wanting to start hot, and hopefully we do, but historically we don’t. 

I think we win ugly, 27-21 and Rodgers doesn’t put up MVP numbers yet.

Mack is a non issue with his pitch count being restricted.

14 minutes ago, Siman08/OH said:

In all honesty this game scares me a bit, on the surface it’s “Bears Vs Packers” at Lambeau and that’s usually guaranteed, but I think it takes a few weeks for our defense to settle in. I’m not too high on the ILBs honestly, and the young CBs might give up some big plays.

Rodgers talked about wanting to start hot, and hopefully we do, but historically we don’t. 

I think we win ugly, 27-21 and Rodgers doesn’t put up MVP numbers yet.

Why do people keep saying historically we don't start hot?  

2015 they started 6-0

2016 they started 4-2

Last year they went 4-1 before Rodgers went down.

Last 3 years that's 14-3  

15 minutes ago, Siman08/OH said:

So the Bears traded all the draft ammo, and paid him a huge contract, just to put him on a pitch count? I just don't see it. I get that he has been holding out and logic says he should need some time to get his conditioning right. But, I think Mack was smart enough to be ready and is prepared to play. . Opening game, it's against your bitter rivals, you are facing one of the most pass happy teams in the league and the All Pro Pass Rusher doesn't play much? I think we will see a lot of Mack. I hope I'm wrong.

Just now, KingOfTheNorth said:

So the Bears traded all the draft ammo, and paid him a huge contract, just to put him on a pitch count? I just don't see it. I get that he has been holding out and logic says he should need some time to get his conditioning right. But, I think Mack was smart enough to be ready and is prepared to play. . Opening game, it's against your bitter rivals, you are facing one of the most pass happy teams in the league and the All Pro Pass Rusher doesn't play much? I think we will see a lot of Mack. I hope I'm wrong.

Do you really think it's possible to be NFL game ready without training with an NFL team?  Because it's not. 

Just now, Outpost31 said:

Do you really think it's possible to be NFL game ready without training with an NFL team?  Because it's not. 

I am not willing to agree with this as an absolute statement. Every situation is different. It is tough to do, sure. But not impossible as you make is sound.

Just now, KingOfTheNorth said:

I am not willing to agree with this as an absolute statement. Every situation is different. It is tough to do, sure. But not impossible as you make is sound.

What about Matt Nagy essentially confirming it?  His opinion matter for anything?

7 minutes ago, eyecatcher said:

Why do people keep saying historically we don't start hot?  

2015 they started 6-0

2016 they started 4-2

Last year they went 4-1 before Rodgers went down.

Last 3 years that's 14-3  

Cause it's hard to actually go look up the numbers for most. Yes we've started well the last few years. There was a few years under MM where we started slow but that was a few years back we had a couple 1-3 starts i believe.

I think the key will be setting a tone. On offense we need to move the ball espeically via the run and or short pass. Score early and often get a lead. On D force them to throw i think will be key. Stop the run will be key I believe first game on a bit stage they won't want to get Trubiski rattled with early.

5 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

What about Matt Nagy essentially confirming it?  His opinion matter for anything?

Coaches always tell the truth. Putting it out there that they will run Mack at us often does nothing for them. Smoke and mirrors as i'm sure Nagy had said that prior to even having Mack in house. He'll have a few days or work with the team i'm sure they will put their new toy out there and if he's feeling good they will continue to. Lets hope our tackles are up the task.

Just now, Fl0nkerton said:

Sure, but you gotta think that Nagy doesn't want to be the one responsible for playing him too much to the point where he pulls a hammy.

I agree, and maybe Mack doesn't play much. I'm just not willing to take Nagy's word for it until game time comes. What does he benefit from tipping his hand early? If I was Nagy I would be trying to create as much confusion as possible regarding if Mack plays.

Archived