2019 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

Just now, big_palooka said:

SO which is it? He went form All-pro to not being ranked in your top 3. Can't have it both ways lol 

Huh? I don’t understand your logic. If Greedy isn’t Top 3 on my BB he’s not going to be an All Pro? Didn’t know there’s only going to be two All Pros from this class... Greedy is still my CB1 and in my Top 5 Prospects. 

3 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Gruden GM logic though....... don't need Darwin James when you have Jospeh and Obi 

You right you right. 

One thing I would do if one of the other picks we have is a top 15 pick is double dip at DE in the first round. I saw a mock draft that had us taking Bosa and then Allen and I wouldn’t be mad about that. 

5 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Gruden GM logic though....... don't need Darwin James when you have Jospeh and Obi 

I'll give him a pass on that one. We needed a LTOF. Miller doesn't look bad. An offseason of NFL strength training will do wonders for him. Positional value comes into play too. Would you rather have a superb Safety or an above average LT to protect your QB? I think the safety would have to be like a Polamalu to justify that in today's NFL. S has just been devalued so much.

I do take exception with getting horrid value in the trade down though....and then dealing that 3rd for Bryant....and using the 5th as a chip to trade up for Brandon Parker *pukes*

11 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

quick way to improve Defense fast.... throw money on Dante Fowler on the edge.... no way Rams can afford him.... draft Oliver or or Williams as the next Suh....

Except Fowler isn't very good and throwing money at him would be dumb

that what we need to do...

draft Quinen Williams or Ed Oliver &Devin White

why: Williams or Oliver are potential dominant players in the trenches.. game is still won in the trenches, and we simply have a terrible dline and defense. White a leader our defense could use, our Lbs also lack range and team defense lacks speed... defense after too game changers

DE:  ??, Key

DT: Williams/Ed, Hurst

NT: Hankins/Jelly, Vanderdoes

DE: ????

OLB: ????

MLB: White

SLB: Whitehead (more of a strong side backer not one to be off ball and in coverage)

CB: Conely, Melvin, Nelson

S:  ????,  ??????

Defense would still need starters but that would be a start.... still have one more 1st, 2nd, and 3rd for impact players.....

No way Melvin is around next year. I am surprised they just haven’t cut him at this point.

For me it’s all Bosa. Only thing that will change that is if a video gets released of him in a gas mask hot boxing that thing gets released 5 minutes before the draft starts lol ? or his medical doesn’t come back good.

If I’m Gruden I’m throwing the bag at Clowney or Frank Clark. I am not sure what the Texans cap looks like but he would be my number one target. 

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

No way Melvin is around next year. I am surprised they just haven’t cut him at this point.

For me it’s all Bosa. Only thing that will change that is if a video gets released of him in a gas mask hot boxing that thing gets released 5 minutes before the draft starts lol ? or his medical doesn’t come back good.

If I’m Gruden I’m throwing the bag at Clowney or Frank Clark. I am not sure what the Texans cap looks like but he would be my number one target. 

The Texans aren't letting go of Clowney, no way.

On 11/4/2018 at 5:37 AM, big_palooka said:

You don't worry about his ability to separate at the next level?  

I mean he runs a 4.45, he ran decent routes last year and has improved moreso this year. I think he will be able to get seperation. But the think i like about him most is that he doesn't heed that much seperation to be open. Hes 6'3/4, can jump out of the building. His best skill is high pointing the ball. And he reminds me of watching Dez after he gets the ball in his hands. Not alot of 6'3/4 WR move like that after the catch. 

7 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

He's a one trick player. Solid pass rusher, but brings nothing else to the table. Not good in run support and disappears for stretches of games at a time. Yesterday, had a nice sack but was otherwise a ghost the entire game.

1: R1P1

EDGE NICK BOSA
OHIO STATE
15: R1P15

LB DEVIN WHITE
LSU
23: R1P23

DEIONTE THOMPSON
ALABAMA
33: R2P1

LB JOSH ALLEN
KENTUCKY
65: R3P1

EDGE MACK WILSON
ALABAMA
103: R4P1

OT DAVID EDWARDS
WISCONSIN
141: R5P1

RB DAVID MONTGOMERY
IOWA STATE
197: R6P23

DAVID DOWELL
MICHIGAN STATE
217: R7P1

LESTER COTTON
ALABAMA
236: R7P20

RB LJ SCOTT
MICHIGAN STATE

Just did a fan speak mock.  

?

On 11/3/2018 at 9:31 PM, true2form said:

Wasn't impressed with Greedy today. I know some were talking him up.  White looks like the better prospect

Greedy had a bad game but you're not giving Bama's offense enough credit. Heisman QB throwing to NFL caliber WRs. Not to mention that the D was on the field constantly due to the stagnant LSU offense.

Tua might be the greatest QB in Bama history. Ruggs and Jeudy also look like future potential day 1 picks. For the first time i can remember with Saban there, Bama's offense is better than their D, which is scary.

1 hour ago, Totty said:
1: R1P1

EDGE NICK BOSA
OHIO STATE
15: R1P15

LB DEVIN WHITE
LSU
23: R1P23

DEIONTE THOMPSON
ALABAMA
33: R2P1

LB JOSH ALLEN
KENTUCKY
65: R3P1

EDGE MACK WILSON
ALABAMA
103: R4P1

OT DAVID EDWARDS
WISCONSIN
141: R5P1

RB DAVID MONTGOMERY
IOWA STATE
197: R6P23

DAVID DOWELL
MICHIGAN STATE
217: R7P1

LESTER COTTON
ALABAMA
236: R7P20

RB LJ SCOTT
MICHIGAN STATE

Just did a fan speak mock.  

?

We ain’t getting Josh Allen in the 2nd, Mack Wilson in the 3rd, or LJ in the 7th. But I’m happy we all seem to be in agreement on what we should do in tbe first

Archived