2019 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

8 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I think it would come down to their thoughts on if they can work in a rotation or if either is well suited to play base end in Guenther's scheme.  I do not know who is playing what positions currently but we only have 3 listed DE's.  Brown is 282 lbs but Irvin (250) and Key (238) are very small compared to what Guenther had in Cinci.  I would expect to see 5 DE on the team next year and for 2 of them to be taken in the first 2 days with one in FA.  I was also just looking over our current roster and we may have 25-30 new players on this team next year.  Half of this team will be gone next year.

The circumstances are quite different for Guenther in Oakland and I'm not sure how much influence he had over personnel in Cincinnati. Schematically, I think Guenther has pretty much done what did in Cincinnati, but with worse players. In Cincinnati, Guenther would often place Dunlap inside on passing downs, but if we assume Hall and Hurst are in the team's long-term plans, I'm not sure if Guenther would feel the need to involve an end on the inside unless either doesn't pan out. In the event the Raiders do go with two edge pass rushers in next year's draft, I'd imagine Key gets pushed to either a rotational role or plays SLB.

I'm not sold on Key and I didn't love the pick even in the 3rd round. I hope he develops, but I wouldn't avoid taking two edge rushers in the upcoming draft because of him.

3 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

The circumstances are quite different for Guenther in Oakland and I'm not sure how much influence he had over personnel in Cincinnati. Schematically, I think Guenther has pretty much done what did in Cincinnati, but with worse players. In Cincinnati, Guenther would often place Dunlap inside on passing downs, but if we assume Hall and Hurst are in the team's long-term plans, I'm not sure if Guenther would feel the need to involve an end on the inside unless either doesn't pan out. In the event the Raiders do go with two edge pass rushers in next year's draft, I'd imagine Key gets pushed to either a rotational role or plays SLB.

I'm not sold on Key and I didn't love the pick even in the 3rd round. I hope he develops, but I wouldn't avoid taking two edge rushers in the upcoming draft because of him.

Cinci has 5 DE's that were picked in the 2nd-4th rounds.  From what I remember reading around here is that he does not like to blitz so we do need a lot more talent at the end spot.  

Only game left on the Raiders schedule that seems like they could win is the Arizona game in two weeks. 

The Giants play the Niners next week which will definitely help clean up the draft positions. Would honestly like the Giants to win that game. 

58 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Only game left on the Raiders schedule that seems like they could win is the Arizona game in two weeks. 

The Giants play the Niners next week which will definitely help clean up the draft positions. Would honestly like the Giants to win that game. 

At this point I’d rather just go 1-15. Put Carr on IR tank the rest of the way. 

59 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

At this point I’d rather just go 1-15. Put Carr on IR tank the rest of the way. 

Wouldn’t surprise me to see Carr sit especially on what happens to Miller. Honestly they should just put Miller on IR along with Osemele no need  to continue to put those guys out. 

15 hours ago, holyghost said:

Or a TE remotely but possibly. If not a QB. 

I was thinking about this, I wonder if drafting another stud TE would help out the offensive line.  Start running more 2 TE sets, steal a page right out of the Patriot,  Eagles and Colts playbook.  God knows we need playmakers period.

I haven't paid much attention to the TE position.  Obviously I know about Fant, but who are some other TEs out there?  If we keep Cook, I think we need more of an in-line dual threat type, or is their precedence of a team utilizing two in-line type TEs (can't think of one)?  Fant is a super stud, but seems too similar to Cook/Graham sort to me.

6 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Chandler Jones is gonna wreck our tackles in that game.

10 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Wouldn’t surprise me to see Carr sit especially on what happens to Miller. Honestly they should just put Miller on IR along with Osemele no need  to continue to put those guys out. 

Yeah Miller is getting put in harm's way. I get that its only for Carr's protection, but Miller is a part of our future and we should not be jeopardizing that. KO might try and dip if we don't treat him right

49 minutes ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Yeah Miller is getting put in harm's way. I get that its only for Carr's protection, but Miller is a part of our future and we should not be jeopardizing that. KO might try and dip if we don't treat him right

I wouldn’t stop KO from leaving if he wanted too. His play has been poor and his 10 million dollar contract is a heavy price tag. The only interior OL that I want to stay is Hudson.

1 minute ago, agarcia34 said:

I wouldn’t stop KO from leaving if he wanted too. His play has been poor and his 10 million dollar contract is a heavy price tag. The only interior OL that I want to stay is Hudson.

Fully agreed. I actually only wanna keep Hudson and Conley (and the rookies) from this roster. Hudson is a great consistent center who makes the QBs job a lot easier. 

Archived