2019 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

there are some good WRs...

Hate drafting WRs in the first round. 1st Round Receivers don’t translate to champions since the Jerry Rice/Michael Irvin days (please don’t use DT or NA from Eagles as an example, they had little impact on their teams Super Bowl runs). 

2 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

there are some good WRs...

Its a weak year for WRs overall tho and drafting a high end WR is overkill in Chucky's offense. He wants athleticism, route running ability, and sticky hands. Its a big reason i hated the Bryant trade. Big athletic freaks are traditionally wasted in this offense, which are usually the types you see go high in the 1st. If we were picking one last year, Chucky would get more value out of a Michael Gallup type than a Courtland Sutton type, and Gallup types can be found on day 2 and 3.

Look at STL as another example. Top 5 pass offense with a similar offensive system. Top 3 receivers are Cooks, Woods, and Cupp.

In this offense, if the QB is throwing up 50/50 balls and raining deep bombs, it's actually a bad thing to Chucky(Unless theyre decently enough open to justify the throw). Our system is about timing, perfect routes, and being where youre supposed to be when the QB is looking at your read. And traditionally rookies draw ire from Chucky cuz theyre sloppy or inexperienced route runners(i.e. Jerry Porter)

27 minutes ago, Silver&Black88 said:

What you guys think of Deionte Thompson in the teens?

Everyone knows my thoughts.  With the first three picks, I'd like to see a player at every level of defense.  

DL, LB, DB. 

21 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

He's a stud. I'd take him top 15.

The way I see the NFC is Washington, MIN, NO, CAR, and the Rams are all making the playoffs. Then DAL, CHI, GB, SEA, and PHI are all fighting for the last spot. My money is on Philly, Chicago or Green Bay. Which means we likely will end up with one in the teens and another thats early 20s at worst. Wouldn't mind even packaging those 2 and moving up for the right player. Really hoping Chicago stays out of the playoffs and Dallas implodes. A10-15 pick from the Cowboys would be so sweet.

58 minutes ago, Silver&Black88 said:

The way I see the NFC is Washington, MIN, NO, CAR, and the Rams are all making the playoffs. Then DAL, CHI, GB, SEA, and PHI are all fighting for the last spot. My money is on Philly, Chicago or Green Bay. Which means we likely will end up with one in the teens and another thats early 20s at worst. Wouldn't mind even packaging those 2 and moving up for the right player. Really hoping Chicago stays out of the playoffs and Dallas implodes. A10-15 pick from the Cowboys would be so sweet.

I think Dallas finishes around 7-9, even with Amari. I think Chicago has been overrated all year and finish 8-8. Picks 13 and 17 wouldn’t be too bad. Should be able to get Thompson and White. 

Dallas has a brutal schedule until Week 16/17 where they get two cakewalks. I’m there with you hoping they implode and get 5-6 wins lol. If our Dallas pick is Top 10 , I think theres a small chance Greedy Williams can fall to us... can you imagine Nick Bosa, Greedy Williams, and Devin White? And if Conley develops? Top 10 D in one year turnaround... 

43 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I think Dallas finishes around 7-9, even with Amari. I think Chicago has been overrated all year and finish 8-8. Picks 13 and 17 wouldn’t be too bad. Should be able to get Thompson and White. 

Dallas has a brutal schedule until Week 16/17 where they get two cakewalks. I’m there with you hoping they implode and get 5-6 wins lol. If our Dallas pick is Top 10 , I think theres a small chance Greedy Williams can fall to us... can you imagine Nick Bosa, Greedy Williams, and Devin White? And if Conley develops? Top 10 D in one year turnaround... 

Thats the 3 I'm hoping for. Bosa/White/Thompson. Need WR help too. But the defense is in critical need of some ballers.

4 minutes ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Thats the 3 I'm hoping for. Bosa/White/Thompson. Need WR help too. But the defense is in critical need of some ballers.

I love Bosa and Thompson but I’m reading a lot of scouting reports and fans say White has a real issue diagnosing plays and just his overall mental game. Gonna have to read a lot more on him, we’re still very veryyyy far from the draft. 

I’m getting more and more confident we will get the #1 pick. Toe to toe with the Colts and then 8 yards in the 4th til the final minute or so? Lol, can’t be anymore obvious of a tank job then that. We are going 2-14. 

55 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I love Bosa and Thompson but I’m reading a lot of scouting reports and fans say White has a real issue diagnosing plays and just his overall mental game. Gonna have to read a lot more on him, we’re still very veryyyy far from the draft. 

I’m getting more and more confident we will get the #1 pick. Toe to toe with the Colts and then 8 yards in the 4th til the final minute or so? Lol, can’t be anymore obvious of a tank job then that. We are going 2-14. 

AZ and SF are doing their best, I'm not sure we get #1. Its good we have hella time to scout lol. 

54 minutes ago, Gannon12 said:

If Bosa isn’t available. Is Ferrell acceptable?

Def

6 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

This is what I hope for as well. WR class is deep, but there isn't a dynamo on top of the class, so that's a round 2-3 pick along with RB and TE for me.

Archived