2019 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

I heard that David Carr interview with Damon Bruce it was interesting. Its almost like he kinda expects Derek to be dealt maybe not now but in the off-season and it would be for the best. With Mack already gone and Cooper on his way out. It wouldn't be total shock if Carr himself forces the matter. Raiders are heading towards a complete rebuild. With rumors of Justin Herbert staying in school,  I'd rather not draft a QB but Gruden already forced a need pick in Kolton Miller so anything is possible under Jon Gruden.

3 hours ago, raidersedge said:

With rumors of Justin Herbert staying in school,  I'd rather not draft a QB but Gruden already forced a need pick in Kolton Miller so anything is possible under Jon Gruden.

Damn that sucks. He looks like a very good prospect and I would have loved him if Carr was indeed dealt. Besides him, this QB class looks rather weak doesn't it?

44 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Damn that sucks. He looks like a very good prospect and I would have loved him if Carr was indeed dealt. Besides him, this QB class looks rather weak doesn't it?

Yes. I wouldn’t mind drafting Will Grier in the 3rd but our QBOTF should come in 2020. Let us start McCarron next year and tank again. 

25 minutes ago, daineraider said:

I like Carr, he is a great dude.  I don’t like him as my QB anymore.  

Again, if you think last week was his fault, I can't help you. No one would have succeeded with that protection last week. He's in a new system and you want to abandon him 6 games into the season? My god.

Seriously look at some of the QB play in the league rn. 

24 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Again, if you think last week was his fault, I can't help you. No one would have succeeded with that protection last week. He's in a new system and you want to abandon him 6 games into the season? My god.

The thing that I don't understand about Carr detractors is that Carr can be completely bipolar even on the same drive, yet detractors only see what they want to see. I think it was vs the Chargers, there was a drive we started at like the 20. Carr had no protection all drive and he scrambled and made creative throws to get us down to the red zone. Then he throws an INT on first down. Which, I agree is terrible. But for some fans, it's like the rest of the drive didn't happen

4 minutes ago, Silver&Black88 said:

The thing that I don't understand about Carr detractors is that Carr can be completely bipolar even on the same drive, yet detractors only see what they want to see. I think it was vs the Chargers, there was a drive we started at like the 20. Carr had no protection all drive and he scrambled and made creative throws to get us down to the red zone. Then he throws an INT on first down. Which, I agree is terrible. But for some fans, it's like the rest of the drive didn't happen

Shh. Carr haters are idiots, I'll just say it point blank. 
Do you think if you switched Jared Goff and Derek Carr right now, that the Rams wouldn't still have a great offense and we still wouldn't be garbage with this current OL?

Or Mitch Trubisky could have thrown 5 picks with the dropped passes he threw right to DB's and the wide open throws he missed against the Pats, but Raiders fans would still be like "OMG look at his #'s, he's our savior".

5 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Shh. Carr haters are idiots, I'll just say it point blank. 
Do you think if you switched Jared Goff and Derek Carr right now, that the Rams wouldn't still have a great offense and we still wouldn't be garbage with this current OL?

Or Mitch Trubisky could have thrown 5 picks with the dropped passes he threw right to DB's and the wide open throws he missed against the Pats, but Raiders fans would still be like "OMG look at his #'s, he's our savior".

My god you’re dramatic, you act like any of us want Carr to fail.  I would love Carr to be the franchise QB he was turning into a few years ago.  If you can’t see he has regressed then you’re the idiot that you’re claiming we are.  Look, I can say things point blank also, doesn’t change the fact that our team(QB included) is a dumpster fire.

18 minutes ago, daineraider said:

My god you’re dramatic, you act like any of us want Carr to fail.  I would love Carr to be the franchise QB he was turning into a few years ago.  If you can’t see he has regressed then you’re the idiot that you’re claiming we are.  Look, I can say things point blank also, doesn’t change the fact that our team(QB included) is a dumpster fire.

Cry more please. The whole team has regressed and you're expecting the quarterback to be just as good? Just because he's regressed and is now playing in a new system which takes time, you want to dump him? You're ready to give up already?

You guys are just scapegoating Carr for the roster deficiencies on this team because he's the easiest to blame.

He's not a dumpster fire. You can say it if it makes you feel better, but you don't know football if you think Carr is a dumpster fire right now.

Don't avoid it. Watch the gipsysafety video I posted in this thread and tell me it's Carr's fault we couldn't move the ball last weak. Tell me he's "mentally broken" because he takes a hit every other snap and how he's so mentally weak for getting shaken up when he's standing in the pocket and getting smashed.

5 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Cry more please. The whole team has regressed and you're expecting the quarterback to be just as good? Just because he's regressed and is now playing in a new system which takes time, you want to dump him? You're ready to give up already?

You guys are just scapegoating Carr for the roster deficiencies on this team because he's the easiest to blame.

He's not a dumpster fire. You can say it if it makes you feel better, but you don't know football if you think Carr is a dumpster fire right now.

Don't avoid it. Watch the gipsysafety video I posted in this thread and tell me it's Carr's fault we couldn't move the ball last weak. Tell me he's "mentally broken" because he takes a hit every other snap and how he's so mentally weak for getting shaken up when he's standing in the pocket and getting smashed.

Hypocritical much?  So we are idiots and babies if we are critical of Carr, but you are the one throwing out the personal insults.  

idk call me crazy, but I'm not mad.....  

We have 5 first round picks the next two years... we have new people drafting, Reggie had a shot and missed on too many picks and coaching hires.....

5 first rounders,  74Million in cap space which could easily be 100M with a few cuts

19 minutes ago, daineraider said:

Hypocritical much?  So we are idiots and babies if we are critical of Carr, but you are the one throwing out the personal insults.  

To say you are whining is not an insult. It's my opinion and quite frankly, I'll stand by it. If you're mad about it, fine. But you're whining and I have every right to call you out on that. I'm calling out your posts, not you as a person. 

I never called anyone an idiot. I said people in general who hate Carr (Carr haters) are idiots. I also didn't say if you hate Carr. I have no idea if you do or don't.

Is this situation optimal? No. Is Carr playing at his best? No.

But are there obvious reasons for this? YES.

Do you think me, or anyone else would not love to have Aaron Rodgers right now? Of course. But its so hard to find a qb, that you don't just throw one away just because of tough circumstances.

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Its not that he isn't immediately succeeding in a new, much more complicated system, its how bad he looks. Skiddish, shellshocked, long ball hangs. Outside of a few bullets and the Denver game he has looked pretty sub par.  if he is able to have a mental reset and get back on track, awesome, but I don't think that is very likely.

Archived