2019 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

4 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

What bad decisions this team sucks we have no depth. If Jon didn’t draft 2 OTs the season will be a lot worse than it is.

The sheer lack of talent and that Mack was holding out maybe to the eighth week of the season forced Grudens hand to trade him.

The Raiders are running a sophisticated offense and defense for the first time since the last time Gruden was here.

Jon Gruden is rebuilding the whole Raiders organization from scouting to coaching.

I'd argue they'd be better off with James and Landry on defense instead of reaching on OT. Carr's skittish in the pocket regardless of protection anyway.

Stop trying to stick up for Gruden. Nobody forced his hand with Mack. His ego got the best of him, he panicked and blew it. And that sophisticated offense and defense have look more basic and awful. Team looks as poorly coached as it did with Dennis Allen, but at least then Carr was a rookie. 

Rebuilding the organzation with 30+ year olds that were not good to start with and coaches like Tom Cable who regressed the entire Oline just like in Seattle. 

3 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I'd argue they'd be better off with James and Landry on defense instead of reaching on OT. Carr's skittish in the pocket regardless of protection anyway.

Stop trying to stick up for Gruden. Nobody forced his hand with Mack. His ego got the best of him, he panicked and blew it. And that sophisticated offense and defense have look more basic and awful. Team looks as poorly coached as it did with Dennis Allen, but at least then Carr was a rookie. 

Rebuilding the organzation with 30+ year olds that were not good to start with and coaches like Tom Cable who regressed the entire Oline just like in Seattle. 

Why are you so mad that we are bad now and what our roster looks like right now? I want as many old and terrible as possible starting next two years. I want a Top 5 pick both seasons. 

3 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Honestly the notion of him rebuilding the organization is kinda scary to me. Granted he needs time to fulfill his vision, but I can't say he's earned confidence from me thus far.

Exactly... this is my issue. I don't trust Gruden to build this team. He's never show even remote competence for doing so. Take a look at how he constructed his teams in Tampa.... doesn't inspire. 

15 minutes ago, Dessie said:

Lol if this team was so devoid of talent why did you predict 10-12 wins? Stop making excuses for Gruden, we are off to a terrible start, and even Gruden admits his fingerprints are all over it. 

I was wrong about my prediction. Like a fool I  believed the O-line would become dominant and give Carr all the time he needs to pick a part a defense .  I also thought Mack was going to sign a cap friendly deal because there’s no state tax in Nevada,  instead he opted to go to one of the highest taxed places in America.(  he’s paying a state, county and city tax in  Chicago) The special team problems caught me by surprise also. With all this the Raiders still could’ve had a few more wins team ( Broncos, Dolphins).

As a Jon Gruden apologist he has this Organization going in the right direction.  And I can’t believe people don’t see that after Dennis Allen, Jack Del Rio, Reggie drafting and FAs signing. We just had a great draft, it’s to early but it looks like we have a few building blocks    ( LT, RT, 2 DTs and DE).The Raiders are running a cutting-edge offense and defense for the first time since 2002.

2 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Exactly... this is my issue. I don't trust Gruden to build this team. He's never show even remote competence for doing so. Take a look at how he constructed his teams in Tampa.... doesn't inspire. 

This.

Silver lining: key, hall, and hurst have been some of the only bright spots from this year so far. Hurst especially, looks like the steal of the draft. If we use one of our first round picks on a pass rushing edge player and hit, our dline will be the strength of our team for years to come. Don’t bring Mack up in response. It’s been done. Trying to focus on positives and salvage something from this disappointing season.

4 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

I was wrong about my prediction. Like a fool I  believed the O-line would become dominant and give Carr all the time he needs to pick a part a defense .  I also thought Mack was going to sign a cap friendly deal because there’s no state tax in Nevada,  instead he opted to go to one of the highest taxed places in America.(  he’s paying a state, county and city tax in  Chicago) The special team problems caught me by surprise also. With all this the Raiders still could’ve had a few more wins team ( Broncos, Dolphins).

As a Jon Gruden apologist he has this Organization going in the right direction.  And I can’t believe people don’t see that after Dennis Allen, Jack Del Rio, Reggie drafting and FAs signing. We just had a great draft, it’s to early but it looks like we have a few building blocks    ( LT, RT, 2 DTs and DE).The Raiders are running a cutting-edge offense and defense for the first time since 2002.

Only a Gruden apologist could say we are going in the right direction.

Appreciate the honesty though, but your mind is muddled here. 

14 minutes ago, Dessie said:

The team is going in the right direction compared to Dennis Alan and Jack Delrio.   

29 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I don’t have confidence in Gruden building a roster either but you can’t compare to Tampa Bay. Gruden has become a huge figure since he retired and has probably the largest network of scouts in the league. 

17 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

The team is going in the right direction compared to Dennis Alan and Jack Delrio.   

It is? Traded your best player. Your QB has regressed and looks broken. You vaunted Oline has regressed. And your HC looks completely broken after 6 weeks of a 10 year contract. 

Draft picks and cap space are only as good as the players they are used on. When Gruden trades Carr, not if... they will be searching for a QB with a HC who's shown he can't develop them. 

Pardon my ignorance.... but I don't see any direction right now. Never been more bearish on this team honestly. 

15 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I don’t have confidence in Gruden building a roster either but you can’t compare to Tampa Bay. Gruden has become a huge figure since he retired and has probably the largest network of scouts in the league. 

So I'm suppose to trust someone who couldn't do it in their prime, 10 years later because he went to production meetings with teams? Color me unimpressed

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Didn’t know coach had physical primes. 

They have mental primes. Gruden has lost his edge. He has none of the fire he used to have. You see him sulking in yesterday's press conference. Looks broken. 

Point is, he was never good at player and talent eval. 10 years ago. Nothing to suggest he is now. Even coaching hires like Cable that EVERYONE said sucked, he made. Gruden could have the best GMs in the world, hell he could have a fortune teller who predicts the future of players and his ego is still going to do what he wants to do. So no, I don't trust him. 

44 minutes ago, Dessie said:

Eh no people are too emotional here. This team squandered talent and did not draft well the prior 3 years. That's what's killing this team right now. Look at some of the rookie classes around the league from 2015-17 and how much they're contributing to top tier, successful teams. I'm fine with where things are at. Let's wait one season at the very least before crying about how horrible Gruden is. God this forum is so soft rn. We aren't good. Have you guys ever considered why? Reggie has played an instrumental role in this roster being mediocre, as much as I hate to say it.

I like gruden a lot more than JDR. Just have some degree of patience jesus. A lot of the young guys look good. It's pretty hard to move the ball without your #1 WR and with 2 starters out on the OL, plus your starting LT injured.

When did our offense put up 45 points last year? When was Carr setting a career high completion % and YPA? Was JDR the qb guru who could help him take the next step?

Guys just calm down a bit. Seriously.

17 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

It is? Traded your best player. Your QB has regressed and looks broken. You vaunted Oline has regressed. And your HC looks completely broken after 6 weeks of a 10 year contract. 

Draft picks and cap space are only as good as the players they are used on. When Gruden trades Carr, not if... they will be searching for a QB with a HC who's shown he can't develop them. 

Pardon my ignorance.... but I don't see any direction right now. Never been more bearish on this team honestly. 

Mack trade... don't want to argue rn

Carr got rekt because his OL was literal garbage due to injuries. The OL hasn't been amazing, but they've been pretty solid before all the injuries hit.

You're really going to draw conclusions based on his mood at a press conference? I'd also be depressed if my team was 1-5. It doesn't mean he's a broken coach. 

In the same manner, I literally can't believe you think he'll trade Carr. That's ludicrous.  I'll bet on it with you. 

Archived