2019 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

4 hours ago, Blazer026 said:

I don't want to trade Carr because I'm not a fan of this QB class. I still think Carr is the guy.

The only QB I liking right now is Drew Lock, who in my opinion compares to Carr haha.

I don’t care much for this QB class but I do like Will Grier, reminds me of a modern Kenny Stabler. I’d select him in the 4th but I expect his value to go up. Probably a tank year with Firz or McCarron. 

I believe we don’t just need the elite pass rusher we need the great commander on defense so I absolutely hope we get Bosa White combo. We haven’t invested in a real lber in a long time. I hope we can pull it off. The WR class isn’t that great slow hit n misses definitely not worth top 2 rounds (unless AJ Brown falls to round 2 but still hard to resist the great defensive prospects) I want greedy but I don’t think he falls far enough if we pick Bosa and white 

4 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I do admit that already scouting college players in-depth at his point in the season is disappointing. However this draft will probably be the funnest one we will experience in our life.

Absolutey. I love the draft. Obv winning championships and competeing is bar none what you want to accomplish.. but I also love roster building (not including the Al Davis days). With 5 First Round Picks, and possibly another 1st or 2nd for Carr in the off season, it’s gonna be a lot of fun. Reggie botched our roster rebuild after 2014 with three bad drafts in a row. We get to press the reset button with plenty of ammo. 

As fans, let’s watch a lot of CFB this year and make this the funnest draft ever. 

36 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Absolutey. I love the draft. Obv winning championships and competeing is bar none what you want to accomplish.. but I also love roster building (not including the Al Davis days). With 5 First Round Picks, and possibly another 1st or 2nd for Carr in the off season, it’s gonna be a lot of fun. Reggie botched our roster rebuild after 2014 with three bad drafts in a row. We get to press the reset button with plenty of ammo. 

As fans, let’s watch a lot of CFB this year and make this the funnest draft ever. 

Ammo is worthless if you don't have the right gun firing it. There isn't currently anyone in the organization who can capitalize on these assets IMO. That has to change, otherwise this rebuild will just collapse around Gruden in no time. 

I do not trust Gruden to manage this rebuild personally. I can see him doing Gruden things like trading a first for LeVeon Bell (knock on wood) or similar dumb actions.

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

Ammo is worthless if you don't have the right gun firing it. There isn't currently anyone in the organization who can capitalize on these assets IMO. That has to change, otherwise this rebuild will just collapse around Gruden in no time. 

I do not trust Gruden to manage this rebuild personally. I can see him doing Gruden things like trading a first for LeVeon Bell (knock on wood) or similar dumb actions.

If Gruden is going to be running this thing I want to see most of all a clear direction of selecting players that work within a specific scheme that will be in place for the foreseeable future.  We have gone through this so many times the past couple decades and are in the process again with or o-line.  They need to trade KO and Jackson quickly to get a couple of players that can run a ZBS so we can see what Carr can do in Gruden's system without getting rid of the ball in under 2.5 seconds.  There are to many moving parts to be sure what the problem is but if we can get the o-line and QB sorted out that would be a huge step in the right direction.  With so many second half collapses, the D worn out in the fourth, or the overall team not getting up for games I can not say what needs to be done on defense.  If we want to control games we need the o-line in place.

Currently we're sitting with 4, 8, and 15 overall.

Ideally this is how id address the offseason...

QB - Carr is the man for 2019. Physically he's a perfect match for Gruden's offense. Its on Gruden to get him where he needs to be mentally. If he fails in 2019, we use our draft capital to draft a new QB.

HB - i like Richard and think Gruden does too. He's not Charlie Garner but i think Gruden sees him as a passing down back like Garner. I think this is where we spend one of our day 2 picks. And altho its a lackluster class, Bennie Snell, Damien Harris, or Mike Weber could all be day 2 value picks.

WR - Gonna see a mass overhaul here. Only one i can see back is Jordy. Bryant has been a headache and a letdown. Roberts is trash for his money. Gruden hates rookie WRs more than any rookies so i think we sign 1 if not 2. John Brown and Tyrell Williams are who id hope for.

TE - Cook will be back. Hes been our best player all year. Smith is a good #2 TE who excels at blocking.

OL - This is the big question mark. Id really hate to see our interior broken up cuz they have so much talent. I hope everyone in this group stays. I think we honestly go into next year with the exact same starting lineup we're trotting now. Sign some veterans for better depth as Feliciano is woeful and Parker looks very overmatched at RT. Obvi Penn will be gone.

DL - Obvi our top pick is probably the play here. Ideally we get a DE(Bosa) as we have Hurst, Hall, and Jelly inside. DE is a bigger need and i dont see how Irvin lasts after this year. However if we cant have Bosa, the DT class is loaded at the top and the staff seems to like playing Hurst at DE so who knows. Point is tho, we need a MAJOR impact player on our line like Mack was. Could possibly waiy till our 2nd 1st(if its still in top 10) and aim for Clelin Ferrell.

LB - I have only 2 problems with our LB group. We need a true MIKE and better depth. This team needs a guy like Devin White badly. Id like to see us use a 4th or 5th on another LB prospect like Kendall Joseph or Nate Hall.

CB - I really hope Conley doesnt go anywhere and gets a shot to play. Melvin is gonna be gone. We could use a corner as well. I dont love any prospect in this draft more than Greedy Williams and pray we draft him. If not, someone like Deiondre Baker would be a solid consolation prize. What we dont need is more average guys, we need an impact corner.

S - We sign Earl Thomas or Lamarcus Joyner. We need a plus athlete who excels at covering deep. I dont want a rookie who's gonna be prone to mistakes or some other veteran patch job. This has been a gaping hole in our defense for so long its painful. Dont patch it, fix it with a proven commodity who will stop the bleeding caused by all the deep balls we give up. Gonna need a true centerfielder to challenge the Chiefies anyway

ST - Hopefully Piniero is good next year. Ive already soured on Townsend but he'll prob get another year unfortunately.

So essentially...

Sign WR John Brown, WR Tyrell Williams, and FS Earl Thomas/Lamarcus Joyner. Sign lesser vets to improve depth at OL and LB.

Draft DL, LB, and CB in first round. RB and WR on day 2. Look for a TE prospect, situational pass rushing DE, and an athletic coverage LB on day 3.

This is my hope at least.

2 hours ago, riceman80 said:

HB - i like Richard and think Gruden does too. He's not Charlie Garner but i think Gruden sees him as a passing down back like Garner. I think this is where we spend one of our day 2 picks. And altho its a lackluster class, Bennie Snell, Damien Harris, or Mike Weber could all be day 2 value picks.

Bout Chris Warren?

2 hours ago, riceman80 said:

Currently we're sitting with 4, 8, and 15 overall.

Ideally this is how id address the offseason...

QB - Carr is the man for 2019. Physically he's a perfect match for Gruden's offense. Its on Gruden to get him where he needs to be mentally. If he fails in 2019, we use our draft capital to draft a new QB.

WR - Gonna see a mass overhaul here. Only one i can see back is Jordy. Bryant has been a headache and a letdown. Roberts is trash for his money. Gruden hates rookie WRs more than any rookies so i think we sign 1 if not 2. John Brown and Tyrell Williams are who id hope for.

TE - Cook will be back. Hes been our best player all year. Smith is a good #2 TE who excels at blocking.

OL - This is the big question mark. Id really hate to see our interior broken up cuz they have so much talent. I hope everyone in this group stays. I think we honestly go into next year with the exact same starting lineup we're trotting now. Sign some veterans for better depth as Feliciano is woeful and Parker looks very overmatched at RT. Obvi Penn will be gone.

DL - Obvi our top pick is probably the play here. Ideally we get a DE(Bosa) as we have Hurst, Hall, and Jelly inside. DE is a bigger need and i dont see how Irvin lasts after this year. However if we cant have Bosa, the DT class is loaded at the top and the staff seems to like playing Hurst at DE so who knows. Point is tho, we need a MAJOR impact player on our line like Mack was. Could possibly waiy till our 2nd 1st(if its still in top 10) and aim for Clelin Ferrell.

LB - I have only 2 problems with our LB group. We need a true MIKE and better depth. This team needs a guy like Devin White badly. Id like to see us use a 4th or 5th on another LB prospect like Kendall Joseph or Nate Hall.

CB - I really hope Conley doesnt go anywhere and gets a shot to play. Melvin is gonna be gone. We could use a corner as well. I dont love any prospect in this draft more than Greedy Williams and pray we draft him. If not, someone like Deiondre Baker would be a solid consolation prize. What we dont need is more average guys, we need an impact corner.

S - We sign Earl Thomas or Lamarcus Joyner. We need a plus athlete who excels at covering deep. I dont want a rookie who's gonna be prone to mistakes or some other veteran patch job. This has been a gaping hole in our defense for so long its painful. Dont patch it, fix it with a proven commodity who will stop the bleeding caused by all the deep balls we give up. Gonna need a true centerfielder to challenge the Chiefies anyway

ST - Hopefully Piniero is good next year. Ive already soured on Townsend but he'll prob get another year unfortunately.

So essentially...

Sign WR John Brown, WR Tyrell Williams, and FS Earl Thomas/Lamarcus Joyner. Sign lesser vets to improve depth at OL and LB.

Draft DL, LB, and CB in first round. RB and WR on day 2. Look for a TE prospect, situational pass rushing DE, and an athletic coverage LB on day 3.

This is my hope at least.

sounds good, but I'll be flashy and sign Levon Bell... we have the money now.... Would really help the offense right off the bat

Archived