2019 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

What teams will be looking at QB in the top 5 outside the Giants? A lot of the bad teams have a QB in place. But I agree with trades, but the Raiders have to come away with a difference maker on defense. And they get worked in draft day trades, so there's that.....

I know we get murdered in trades, I know QB needy teams have mostly filled the spot. I was just thinking on the idea of having the #1 pick. It's value is significantly greater if there's a QB wanted at that slot and to a desperate team. Kind of a waste to use it on a position player unless that guy is truly special. Taking into account that we literally had perhaps the best all around defender in football and our defense did in fact still suck and our team was still a loser, it makes some sense to suck all the draft capital out of that spot rather than pick one guy, even if he is all world. 

Obviously my comments speak nothing to the practical application of the idea, and the myriad ways the Raiders can screw it up.

As for QB needy teams, maybe MIA, JAX, NYG, maybe TAM. It's a light need this year, and there doesn't seem to be those "hype" QBs coming out either. My hope is we get our act together on the field and don't end up in the top 10 anyway.

19 minutes ago, CerealKiller said:

Did you mean or?

I believe I detected sarcasm.  

If Bosa or Farrell "fell" to us, or Oliver for that matter, you need to take one.  I really really feel like White should be the pick with the later first if he's there.  

Resign Melvin, and Worley.  We still have Conley under contract.  Look into a safety in FA.  

Offense isn't the issue right now.  We're ranked near the top.  And if you're going to blow up the team, start the build on the defensive side of the ball.

I think we'll pick back half of top 10 at this point, meaning Devin White would be my guy. So much speed and aggression as a LB prospect. We desperately need that. The safety FA market is very very good next year so that's not the primary concern.

Ideally Bosa will be the guy, but the 49ers suck even worse than us and it'll be hard to lose more than them even if we wanted to.

If we seriously have a chance at Bosa and White and draft them I’d be breakdancing. Also depends on our QB situation Gruden isn’t happy with his play but even Rich Gannon struggled at first would love to see him keep more plays alive and improvise more when the play breaks down like he used to before the leg injury 

12 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I think we'll pick back half of top 10 at this point, meaning Devin White would be my guy. So much speed and aggression as a LB prospect. We desperately need that. The safety FA market is very very good next year so that's not the primary concern.

Ideally Bosa will be the guy, but the 49ers suck even worse than us and it'll be hard to lose more than them even if we wanted to.

Love White. Scared he's a talented LB. Raiders don't seem to value those much.

49ers, Cardinals, Giants and I'll say Broncos all finish worse than the Raiders unless the wheels come all the way off Carr.

We need the 6'6 240 kid from Oregon. It is time to move on from Carr. Gruden's offensive genius is questionable at this point, but Carr, like his brother has regressed as he has played. Blame injuries, multiple OC's and coaches, whatever, he is not a good QB anymore. People are still holding on to what he was able to do early on, but that time has passed. He is a back-up in this league. I think he could have been something, but things just haven't worked out. He hasn't reached the level of performance necessary to be considered a franchise QB on any sort of consistent basis. He also is fragile. He can't stay healthy. It is time to move on people.

15 minutes ago, ragingraider said:

We need the 6'6 240 kid from Oregon. It is time to move on from Carr. Gruden's offensive genius is questionable at this point, but Carr, like his brother has regressed as he has played. Blame injuries, multiple OC's and coaches, whatever, he is not a good QB anymore. People are still holding on to what he was able to do early on, but that time has passed. He is a back-up in this league. I think he could have been something, but things just haven't worked out. He hasn't reached the level of performance necessary to be considered a franchise QB on any sort of consistent basis. He also is fragile. He can't stay healthy. It is time to move on people.

yeah lets ignore the horrible oline play.... what the heck does David have to do with Derek

Archived