2019 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

16 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

It was an ACL injury. No soft tissue damage. Been playing on it now 3 years, hasn't been an issue. And d a core muscle injury has no lingering effect and he will be back playing this season. 

He's the best player in college football. So tell me why his ceiling is low and he's a finished product. 

Same argument we had about Clowney.  Once is an accident twice is a pattern.

I read ACL then  I read MCL I’m not sure which one it was.

On 10/11/2018 at 2:02 AM, YoungJefe said:

Same was said for Myles Garrett and look how that turned out. Don't get cute with the pick, we desperately need  to improve our pass rush, take the best pass rusher and best DL prospect in the draft. 

And what’s wrong with Clelin Ferrell.  Please enlighten  because I see a 21 year old who is dominating the NCAA.

2 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Same argument we had about Clowney.  Once is an accident twice is a pattern.

I read ACL then  I read MCL I’m not sure which one it was.

Not even remotely the same. Clowney injured his meniscus in his rookie season. Bosa's was in high school. Recovered and has played 3 years of college ball on it. The core muscle tear is a freak thing with no lingering issues. Injuries are part of the game. Bosa's injuries are not a concern for reoccurrence.

31 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Not even remotely the same. Clowney injured his meniscus in his rookie season. Bosa's was in high school. Recovered and has played 3 years of college ball on it. The core muscle tear is a freak thing with no lingering issues. Injuries are part of the game. Bosa's injuries are not a concern for reoccurrence.

Perhaps, but considering his brother is also what could be considered oft injured at a young age, I would think it is of concern. This is not a Carr/Carr thing where you wonder about the mental aspects. Or a Watt thing, as JJ did have a number of healthy dominant years. Brothers are genetically similar, body structure relates to injury likelihood in some way. 

51 minutes ago, holyghost said:

Perhaps, but considering his brother is also what could be considered oft injured at a young age, I would think it is of concern. This is not a Carr/Carr thing where you wonder about the mental aspects. Or a Watt thing, as JJ did have a number of healthy dominant years. Brothers are genetically similar, body structure relates to injury likelihood in some way. 

Sure... but am I going to get cute and not draft Nick Bosa given everything I know about him? No. 

18 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

I like Clelin Ferrell, DE, Clemson more then Bosa. He has a nice first step and uses his hands well, and he’s a little bit bigger, plus he has no  history of injuries.

I get the feeling that Bosa is a finished product with low upside. You know he trains with his brother and has NFL level coaching for the last few years.

I like Clelin Ferrell a lot too, but no way over Bosa.  I think in the end it's going to be irrelevant, we'll squeak a couple of games and be completely out of contention for him.  I'm pounding the Ferrell drum as I think he has a very realistic possibility of being a Raider.  

Of course Gruden may pull something crazy out of his behind to justify his "offensive genius" label.  Mentally cringing at the possibility of having our early first go to offensive skill position.

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Sure... but am I going to get cute and not draft Nick Bosa given everything I know about him? No. 

Honestly, if we're top 3 or somehow have the #1 pick - a trade out to a QB team makes the most sense. Burning a #1 on a non-QB player is asinine if there are teams that want the pick for a QB. Way too far off to say any of that though.

On 10/11/2018 at 9:28 AM, big_palooka said:

First off he played 2 years and 2 games before being injury.   Like you said injuries happen in football what happens if he hurts that knee again?  I’m thinking the Raiders are agoing to draft Bosa because He’ll fall in the draft.

Clelin Ferrell is just playing to well not  to surpass Bosa as the number 1 pass rusher.

I’m believing that Gruden is going to more unorthodox moves that will divide the fans badly. He is going to blow this up and I wouldn’t be surprised is Carr is traded if he keeps it up. This is a literal rebuild and yes we paid the wrong guy.

so hypothetically do we take Herbert and pass rusher I’m expecting a complete rebuild situation. It’s frustrating but it happening. I’m curious on our offseason it’s all we have. Do we stick with Carr? Do we move on. And please for the love of our alien overlords please get value with trades

7 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Yes. Because it was blatantly obvious that Clowney would not stay healthy. Silly me. Is he bad when he plays on the field?

He was injured every year in college.

How many injuries does a person that to have before his injury prone?

18 hours ago, holyghost said:

Honestly, if we're top 3 or somehow have the #1 pick - a trade out to a QB team makes the most sense. Burning a #1 on a non-QB player is asinine if there are teams that want the pick for a QB. Way too far off to say any of that though.

What teams will be looking at QB in the top 5 outside the Giants? A lot of the bad teams have a QB in place. But I agree with trades, but the Raiders have to come away with a difference maker on defense. And they get worked in draft day trades, so there's that.....

50 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

What teams will be looking at QB in the top 5 outside the Giants? A lot of the bad teams have a QB in place. But I agree with trades, but the Raiders have to come away with a difference maker on defense. And they get worked in draft day trades, so there's that.....

I’m all for going defense with the first three picks. 

My dream draft 

Pick 1 Clelin Ferrell, DE, Clemson

Pick 2 Chase Winovich, DE/OLB, Michigan

Pick 3 best. FS/CB  available.

Archived