2019 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

47 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Again.... the same thing everyone kept saying about Joey Bosa. All the media talking heads devalued him the entire process leading up to the draft. Low ceiling. Already a finshed product. Floyd and Bucker have more upside. Wasn't a top 10 pick. Chargers didn't fall for it and get a OROY out of it.

Couple quotes:

People who slept on Joey Bosa will sleep on Nick Bosa because he's not a flashy pass rusher with speed and great bend. There is obvious reason people sleep on guys like Watt and Bosa.

You do know that Nick Bosa had two major injuries in 3 years. He tore his MCL as a senior in high school this year he hurt his core muscle whatever that is.

12 minutes ago, YoungJefe said:

If Bosa is on the board and we pass on him, fire our entire front office. 

That would prove to me that we are completely incompetent.  You need star power going through a transition like this.  Someone or two someone's to keep fans interested.  Leaving Oakland is going to cause heartache.  Having someone as the face of the franchise, while it should be Derek, that theory is shaky at best at this point.  Nick Bosa would give hope.  Ed Oliver would give hope.  Hell, Devin White would give hope.  The pairing of Greedy and Gareon would give hope.  Anything shy of that would cause me to lose interest until Mark sells, Gruden is gone etc.  Justin Herbert doesn't give me much faith.  Another OL doesn't give me much faith.  A safety doesn't give me faith.  Stars put butts in seats.  

I can see Derek struggling in year one of Grudens system.  If nothing is shown after next season is done with, it'll be time to move along.  And that hurts to say.

what about this:

1st- Edge Rusher with our top ten pick.. we suck again  

1st- trade it for Odell Beckham..... Beckham might be burning too many bridges in NYC... we would suddenly have a great one two punch in Beckham and Cooper...  he did get his new deal, so not likely to be traded.....Cooper slides over to a super 2, and Carr starts beasting with stud wideouts

19 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

what about this:

1st- Edge Rusher with our top ten pick.. we suck again  

1st- trade it for Odell Beckham..... Beckham might be burning too many bridges in NYC... we would suddenly have a great one two punch in Beckham and Cooper...  he did get his new deal, so not likely to be traded.....Cooper slides over to a super 2, and Carr starts beasting with stud wideouts

This isn’t Madden! This is real life. Lay off the crack

2 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

I haven't had the time but it would be nice if someone had a top 10 prospects list at our position of needs.... Edge/DE, LB, S, WR,TE,RB... would let us check out some prospects on Saturday if we have time

Gruden might make a change at QB also. This offseason is going to be a soap opera of the ages

5 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Same was said with Clowney and look how that turned out 

Same was said for Myles Garrett and look how that turned out. Don't get cute with the pick, we desperately need  to improve our pass rush, take the best pass rusher and best DL prospect in the draft. 

11 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

You do know that Nick Bosa had two major injuries in 3 years. He tore his MCL as a senior in high school this year he hurt his core muscle whatever that is.

It was an ACL injury. No soft tissue damage. Been playing on it now 3 years, hasn't been an issue. And d a core muscle injury has no lingering effect and he will be back playing this season. 

He's the best player in college football. So tell me why his ceiling is low and he's a finished product. 

Archived