2019 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

Great draft to need pass rusher. Didn't think the Raiders would be in a position to land Bosa, but after todays lifeless performance.... 

Going to be some good pass rushers in this class. Polite IMO will be #2 behind Bosa and he's a lot of fun to watch.

5 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Great draft to need pass rusher. Didn't think the Raiders would be in a position to land Bosa, but after todays lifeless performance.... 

Going to be some good pass rushers in this class. Polite IMO will be #2 behind Bosa and he's a lot of fun to watch.

Some info?

8 hours ago, big_palooka said:

My issue is that we might need that TOP 5 (even 1\1) pick on QB, so we can't use that on EDGE rusher...

The way Carr plays makes me think about dumping him and totally rebuild the team from scratch with a rookie QB.

I mean if we improve the roster, Carr gets a bit better in the system we could stick into the 6-10/10-6 level "forever"...

Remember when we passed on Myles jack and jaylon smith for Karl Joseph? Great call Reggie. He has really been a terrible drafter and should take the heat for this roster. I’m a little concerned about Gruden as a drafter but I don’t see how he can be worse than Reggie. I don’t want Reggie to waste four first round picks over the next two years.

I think Carr gets another year under Gruden before we move on, mainly because of how bad the rest of the roster is. I would love a pass rusher and either Devin white or bush. Then a safety in the second. That would be ideal for me. Get some offensive skill players in free agency.

1 hour ago, NJ Raider said:

Remember when we passed on Myles jack and jaylon smith for Karl Joseph? Great call Reggie. He has really been a terrible drafter and should take the heat for this roster. I’m a little concerned about Gruden as a drafter but I don’t see how he can be worse than Reggie. I don’t want Reggie to waste four first round picks over the next two years.

I wanted jack too but remember every team passed on those guys some twice

6 hours ago, Rolni said:

My issue is that we might need that TOP 5 (even 1\1) pick on QB, so we can't use that on EDGE rusher...

The way Carr plays makes me think about dumping him and totally rebuild the team from scratch with a rookie QB.

I mean if we improve the roster, Carr gets a bit better in the system we could stick into the 6-10/10-6 level "forever"...

Honestly i don’t think it matters, i personally can’t see Gruden taking a good QB. His track record has been pretty bad, with wanting manziel and that penn state QB, I forget the name. Either way Gruden drafts a bust or he rolls with Carr who hasn’t been the same since he broke his leg. 

5 minutes ago, NJ Raider said:

I think we use those picks on defense instead of rolling the dice on a rookie qb. Herbert may stay in school anyway.

I'd be shocked. He's QB1 in this draft. He's got nothing left to prove. As a Ducks fan, I'd like to watch him for another season though 

6 hours ago, NJ Raider said:

Remember when we pass on every LB every year?  Then we select guys like Jihad Ward and Shilique Calhoun.

1 hour ago, Chali21 said:

Honestly i don’t think it matters, i personally can’t see Gruden taking a good QB. His track record has been pretty bad, with wanting manziel and that penn state QB, I forget the name. Either way Gruden drafts a bust or he rolls with Carr who hasn’t been the same since he broke his leg. 

Carr needs to take a pay cut 

6 hours ago, NJ Raider said:

Jaylon smith at what 14 ? Coming off the injury fans would of crushed him. We took the wrong safety Keanu Neal would of been nice

46 minutes ago, daineraider said:

Remember when we pass on every LB every year?  Then we select guys like Jihad Ward and Shilique Calhoun.

LB has been an issue so long on this team. From a speed, coverage standpoint to just having someone to QB the defense. 

Calhoun was a monster at MSU, so the 3rd round was right for him. He's just not translated it to the NFL. Ward was just a bum

24 minutes ago, SimonGruber said:

Jaylon smith at what 14 ? Coming off the injury fans would of crushed him. We took the wrong safety Keanu Neal would of been nice

Neal was the real deal. SEC player and was healthy. Jospeh is too small. Everyone wanted to compare him to Bob Sanders, but that's rare air.

Archived