2019 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

Just now, Gannon12 said:

I was just being dramatic. Al was the worst at drafting 

I just went back and looked at our past and it is horrible.  Here is the list just make sure you have a strong drink in your hand while looking at it.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/rai/draft.htm

We make one great pick every ten years and we just traded that player from this decade.

1 minute ago, drfrey13 said:

I just went back and looked at our past and it is horrible.  Here is the list just make sure you have a strong drink in your hand while looking at it.

We make one great pick every ten years and we just traded that player from this decade.

I witnessed them all and I did my very best to be blind optimistic 

I think this year we should have a draft thread that we all have to give our draft picks before they are made and we can bring it back every year around the draft to track what our teams would look like.  If the Mods are ok with it we can have it stuck on page 1.

1 minute ago, drfrey13 said:

I think this year we should have a draft thread that we all have to give our draft picks before they are made and we can bring it back every year around the draft to track what our teams would look like.  If the Mods are ok with it we can have it stuck on page 1.

?

7 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

I'll say this about Al Davis.... when it comes to Mack, he'd have told him "The Quarterback must go down, and he must go down hard" and then given him a blank check, no questions asked.

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I'll say this about Al Davis.... when it comes to Mack, he'd have told him "The Quarterback must go down, and he must go down hard" and then given him a blank check, no questions asked.

I do not know how Davis would have felt about the holdout if it got that far.  Could have turned into a Marcus Allen type situation.  Most likely though he would have given him a blank check.

11 hours ago, Gannon12 said:

I was at work already believing megaton was in silver n black and I knew we got set back another 5+years

I really believed Al was going to draft Adrian Peterson number one overall. It checks all the boxes for Al athletic freak and  big-time college production.

1 hour ago, drfrey13 said:

I do not know how Davis would have felt about the holdout if it got that far.  Could have turned into a Marcus Allen type situation.  Most likely though he would have given him a blank check.

Never would have gotten there IMO. Raiders should have addressed it year before last like they did with Carr. Beat the curve. Davis wasn't worried about the money. If you were a great player, he paid you. Heck, even if you weren't he'd pay you lol.

I like Clelin Ferrell, DE, Clemson more then Bosa. He has a nice first step and uses his hands well, and he’s a little bit bigger, plus he has no  history of injuries.

I get the feeling that Bosa is a finished product with low upside. You know he trains with his brother and has NFL level coaching for the last few years.

1 hour ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

I like Clelin Ferrell, DE, Clemson more then Bosa. He has a nice first step and uses his hands well, and he’s a little bit bigger, plus he has no  history of injuries.

I get the feeling that Bosa is a finished product with low upside. You know he trains with his brother and has NFL level coaching for the last few years.

Again.... the same thing everyone kept saying about Joey Bosa. All the media talking heads devalued him the entire process leading up to the draft. Low ceiling. Already a finshed product. Floyd and Bucker have more upside. Wasn't a top 10 pick. Chargers didn't fall for it and get a OROY out of it.

Couple quotes:

I credit him for just about maxing out his potential by working so hard on his technique, but in the NFL what that really means is while his floor may be higher than a lot of prospects, his ceiling is probably going to be lower than many of the top level guys as well.

After months of debate on whether he was worth a top-five pick, the conversation turned to how high his ceiling was a pro. The overall consensus was that Bosa would never amount to a perennial double-digit sack guy.

People who slept on Joey Bosa will sleep on Nick Bosa because he's not a flashy pass rusher with speed and great bend. There is obvious reason people sleep on guys like Watt and Bosa.

Archived