2019 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

14 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I agree about Joseph but what role does he play that will maximize his abilities and hide his deficiencies?  I think he could easily play in the slot against smaller wideouts.  I remember his coverage was a positive but then he was asked to cover TEs in the league that had 8 inches and 60 lbs on him.  I love him in the run game.  Watching him and Gordon go at each other was great.  Watching Nelson try to tackle Gordon was a comedy show.

just don't match him up with 6'6 TES... Have him play in space, use his speed and run around causing havoc..... could also matchup with slot wideouts and play centerfield....

4 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

Finally watched this weeks game last night and I must say we looked a lot better than I had expected.  The biggest thing I noticed is if he is healthy Karl Joseph needs to be on the field.  He belongs and all the coaches have to do is make sure he is not lined up on a TE.  Our defense looks like it is starting to click and we just need to stop giving up big plays.  Unfortunately for them that is what Gordon does.  The guy is a beast and Rivers is a great QB.  Looks like the run game is making a comeback in the NFL. Could be 10-12 1000 rushers this year.  That leads me to the O.  This unit flashes and then dies repeatedly throughout the game.  I am not sure of the percentages but we are horrible in the red zone. 

Agreed, thought the defense looked a lot better (not difficult tbf)with the young guys on the field. Morrow and Joseph looked particularly good. Joseph versus Gordon was a good battle. Interesting that Lee played SLB and Cabinda played MLB on base downs, we looked better for the change. 

Have to say that Townsend was much improved, hopefully he has turned the corner. 

I was looking at the current draft order and looking at who we could trade with if there was a QB worthy of the #1.  There are the Giants and then at 9,10,and 11 we have the Broncos, Jags, and Bucs.  I doubt we trade with Denver so what would it take to trade with the Jags and Bucs.  Giants are an easy choice. 1st and 3rd this year and next years #1.  Jags would have to give this years #1 and 2 and next years 1 and 2/3 and Yannick Ngakoue for me to pull the trigger.  The Bucs would be similar but  I do not know of a player they would be willing to trade that I would value at a second round pick.

7 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I was looking at the current draft order and looking at who we could trade with if there was a QB worthy of the #1.  There are the Giants and then at 9,10,and 11 we have the Broncos, Jags, and Bucs.  I doubt we trade with Denver so what would it take to trade with the Jags and Bucs.  Giants are an easy choice. 1st and 3rd this year and next years #1.  Jags would have to give this years #1 and 2 and next years 1 and 2/3 and Yannick Ngakoue for me to pull the trigger.  The Bucs would be similar but  I do not know of a player they would be willing to trade that I would value at a second round pick.

I think we could end up pulling a 49ers/Bears scenario. Giants move up one pick and it doesn’t effect us at all and we get a free 2nd Round Pick. 

45 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I think we could end up pulling a 49ers/Bears scenario. Giants move up one pick and it doesn’t effect us at all and we get a free 2nd Round Pick. 

prolly over thinking it.... but say Cowboys pick is around number 10.....  and we land number one pick, and there are thirsty teams looking to trade the farm for the 1st pick.... we could get the farm... then trade the cowboys pick and a our second for a top 3 pick to draft Bosa, Williams, or Ed.....   we would have the farm and the stud

51 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

prolly over thinking it.... but say Cowboys pick is around number 10.....  and we land number one pick, and there are thirsty teams looking to trade the farm for the 1st pick.... we could get the farm... then trade the cowboys pick and a our second for a top 3 pick to draft Bosa, Williams, or Ed.....   we would have the farm and the stud

I don’t think anyones giving the farm for any QB in this class including Herbert. 

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I don’t think anyones giving the farm for any QB in this class including Herbert. 

every year there QBs that shoot up the boards... last year everyone thought Baker Mayfield was a baller, but too small..nor did they think Josh Allen would be a top 10 pick until GMS saw his arm strength in person... GMS always fall in love with QBs during the draft process, workouts in shorts, physical attributes etc... I bet 1 or 2 Qbs move up to top 10 let alone top 3... there's around 3-4 guys talked about as 1st rounders...

2 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

every year there QBs that shoot up the boards... last year everyone thought Baker Mayfield was a baller, but too small..nor did they think Josh Allen would be a top 10 pick until GMS saw his arm strength in person... GMS always fall in love with QBs during the draft process, workouts in shorts, physical attributes etc... I bet 1 or 2 Qbs move up to top 10 let alone top 3... there's around 3-4 guys talked about as 1st rounders...

Does not always happen but it usually does.  This is shaping up to look more like 2013 than 2018.

58 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

that guy Williams been the best player in college this year

I’m always Leary of Alabama DL because how surrounded by talent they are..I see a good player in Williams, but nothing worth a top 5 pick. 

I feel all the DTs are being overrated in this draft (outside of Oliver who I need to see more of) 

and I can’t believe I keep seeing C. Ferrell in the top 10. He looks like a 2nd round prospect. Which just shows that lack of blue chip players in this draft. 

Why cant there be a Andrew Luck or Carson Wentz the year we potentially get a top pick. >:(

Archived