2019 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

18 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I was just about to post this. Oliver hasn’t been Top 5 on my BB in a while though anyways. Dude seems to becoming a head case, can’t believe some think he’s better than both Bosa and Quinnen. 

I haven’t watched enough of him yet but I was disappointed watching him vs Texas tech

11 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I haven’t watched enough of him yet but I was disappointed watching him vs Texas tech

People are just desperate for the next Aaron Donald. I remember everyone saying Sheldon Rankins was the next Donald too. Rankins is good, solid player, not in the same universe as Donald. Donald is just a once in a generation type of player. Just like Von Miller, Khalil Mack, and Lawrence Taylor. 

Ed went wild on his coach and having a down year... he is still going be great like a young Suh.....   Bosa and ED.....

DE- Bosa 1st pick

DT- Ed Oliver Cowboys Pick

DT- Hurst/Hall

DE- Day 2 pick- going be good options in the second round. DL crazy deep

Edge- Key be smart and use him to blitz from different angles, attack weak lineman, situational pass rusher

WLB-  vet or round 3 pick or Morrow has a hell of a end of the year

MLB- Anthony Barr- throw big money at him, be a stud behind that line

SLB- Whitehead- use him to his strength and not having him trying to cover Wrs lol.... more of a thumper

Thats a freaking front seven with skill, strength, speed!!   use that other 1st on TE or WR, get Carr some help.. sign a vet safety or two(maybe bring Gilchrist back)

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

^^Oliver is a top 5 -7 pick in any draft. He's not falling to the Cowboys pick. And please.... please don't try to sell us on the incident with his coach as dropping his stock.

• Raekwon Davis
  • Derrick Brown
  • Christian Wilkins
  • Jeff Simmons
  • Dexter Lawrence

Take a L... we are in prime position to land 2 blue chip DL.....

On 11/16/2018 at 1:29 PM, Humble_Beast said:

Ed went wild on his coach and having a down year... he is still going be great like a young Suh.....   Bosa and ED.....

DE- Bosa 1st pick

DT- Ed Oliver Cowboys Pick

DT- Hurst/Hall

DE- Day 2 pick- going be good options in the second round. DL crazy deep

Edge- Key be smart and use him to blitz from different angles, attack weak lineman, situational pass rusher

WLB-  vet or round 3 pick or Morrow has a hell of a end of the year

MLB- Anthony Barr- throw big money at him, be a stud behind that line

SLB- Whitehead- use him to his strength and not having him trying to cover Wrs lol.... more of a thumper

Thats a freaking front seven with skill, strength, speed!!   use that other 1st on TE or WR, get Carr some help.. sign a vet safety or two(maybe bring Gilchrist back)

#1: Nick Bosa, DE, Ohio State

#13: Devin White, ILB, LSU

#25: Rashan Gary, DL, Michigan 

#34: Jaquan Johnson, S, Miami (FL)

I don’t disagree with those suggesting we go defense-heavy with our early picks, but I can’t see it working out that way. Gruden is an offensive guy and the offense has been putrid. Not that I’m saying that the defense hasn’t sucked as well, but you know he’ll see guys that he wants to work with on his side of the ball.

We'll go O on at least two of our four early picks, imo. WR and TE.

18 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

I don’t disagree with those suggesting we go defense-heavy with our early picks, but I can’t see it working out that way. Gruden is an offensive guy and the offense has been putrid. Not that I’m saying that the defense hasn’t sucked as well, but you know he’ll see guys that he wants to work with on his side of the ball.

maybe Gruden would want to be aggressive in signing vets he can work with in his offense????  would make sense, but you never know with Gruden... I would go defense heavy in 2019 then go grab a 1st round RB in 2020(best class in a decade) and a stud WR.....

17 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

The offense was playing well until all of our offensive line got hurt and we started trying to tank. You don't build a contender by building around skill position players, you build from the trenches out. 

During Gruden's first draft we selected 2 OT, 2 DT, 1 DE, 1 LB, 1 CB, 1 P, and 1 WR. So he spent 5 picks on linemen, 2 picks on defensive players, 1 pick on a special teams player, and 1 pick on a skill position player. To me that screams he that he understands the importance of building a team from the trenches out. 

16 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The offense was playing well until all of our offensive line got hurt and we started trying to tank. You don't build a contender by building around skill position players, you build from the trenches out. 

During Gruden's first draft we selected 2 OT, 2 DT, 1 DE, 1 LB, 1 CB, 1 P, and 1 WR. So he spent 5 picks on linemen, 2 picks on defensive players, 1 pick on a special teams player, and 1 pick on a skill position player. To me that screams he that he understands the importance of building a team from the trenches out. 

I was surprised at how “trench-heavy” we went last year, but maybe that is how Gruden likes to do it. Admittedly I can’t say I have any idea at all about how the Buccaneers drafted when he was running the show there to say if he has a particular method of drafting.

I would argue that the fact that we did draft our potential starting OTs and a couple of interior defensive guys last year will see him lean more towards skill positions this year, though. Adding the same types of guys again this draft as we did in April seems counter-productive to me, and the complete lack of weapons right now on offense is just something I think he’ll address, historical drafting traits or not.

49 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I could see Gruden sign Ewuawa and Golden Tate as vets to help move the chains.. maybe trade a late pick for Kevin White to see if he can do something... going with Martin and Lynch on a one year deal maybe drafting a RB on day 3

Archived