2019 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

18 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

The jets. The offensive coaching staff is garbage and darnold isnt ready yet. I would had put my chips all in on them still being pretty bad. 2 firsts from them would had at least been top 10 and top 15. 

They are the team that said we did not even attempt to let them increase their offer for Mack and they said they would have.

There's no such thing as a good deal when trade a player of Mack's caliber. You think any Broncos fans would be happy if they got 2 1sts for Miller? Or Chiefs fans if they got 3 1sts for Mahomes?

You just dont trade generational talents. Barring catastrophic injury does it ever work?

I don't know @riceman80, Von Miller is 29 and i don't see the Broncos being in position to have a deep playoff run in the next 2-3 years. How much impact will Miller have when he is 32? The question is not what would or record be with Mack this year, since in all cases we would not be a playoff team to begin with. The question is when the Raiders are a deep playoff contender, is Mack then still going to be a difference maker?

As for Mahomes, that's a different situation when you're talking about a QB. Position has bigger impact on results and qb's tend have a longer career at high level.

10 hours ago, dante9876 said:

If we draft 3 offensive players in first rd. I really dont know what the logic would be behind that. 

To be fair it was out the first 4 picks. 3 of the first 4. I don't expect that. But time to do away with the thinking that all of the first 3 or 4 will be defense. No way.

9 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

I can't really think of any team that doesn't drastically improve with adding Mack. Not sure who we could have sent him to once the decision was made.

Jets. Not that they wouldn't improve, but it would still be a good pick. They're garbage like Oakland, so they would still be a losing team.

19 hours ago, dante9876 said:

The jets. The offensive coaching staff is garbage and darnold isnt ready yet. I would had put my chips all in on them still being pretty bad. 2 firsts from them would had at least been top 10 and top 15. 

12 hours ago, holyghost said:

Jets. Not that they wouldn't improve, but it would still be a good pick. They're garbage like Oakland, so they would still be a losing team.

The Jets were the only team I could think of. And even then, Bowles has had some good defenses. I feel like Mack could have transformed their defense as well. Though I doubt their offense would propel them into the playoffs. I feel like they were hell bent on dealing him to the NFC. But yeah, the Jets were the team that popped into my head too.

21 hours ago, riceman80 said:

There's no such thing as a good deal when trade a player of Mack's caliber. You think any Broncos fans would be happy if they got 2 1sts for Miller? Or Chiefs fans if they got 3 1sts for Mahomes?

You just dont trade generational talents. Barring catastrophic injury does it ever work?

I would hardly call Mahomes a generational talent after 1/2 of a season.  He is playing under one of the greatest O minds in the NFL on a roster full of talent.  Pretty easy to play QB when you have pro bowlers at WR, TE, RB and along the Oline.  He is putting up some major stats but I'm not ready to put the green jacket on him quite yet...

2 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I would hardly call Mahomes a generational talent after 1/2 of a season.  He is playing under one of the greatest O minds in the NFL on a roster full of talent.  Pretty easy to play QB when you have pro bowlers at WR, TE, RB and along the Oline.  He is putting up some major stats but I'm not ready to put the green jacket on him quite yet...

Im just saying, you just dont trade young guys with superstar ability. You never win.

54 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

He has the best skill position players and a great OL plus a magnificent offensive HC 

you put Carr in that situation and he would look like a god

1 hour ago, Gannon12 said:

He has the best skill position players and a great OL plus a magnificent offensive HC 

you put Carr in that situation and he would look like a god

No he wouldnt. Look at mahommes throws he makes on the run and plays he makes with his feet. Carr dont do that no more. 

2 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Alex Smith couldn't do this. 

3 hours ago, Gannon12 said:

One can dream and twist reality to believe anything 

I think he can still, just not at the same level as Mahomes. I don't know that he ever could tbh. We need him to continue to improve mentally since last season and the early part of this year broke him. We also need to get better WRs and protect him better. But he definitely needs to get his ish back together. As I've said, I'm looking for him to cut out the stupid stuff and start showing signs of who he used to be the rest of this year.

Just now, Silver&Black88 said:

I think he can still, just not at the same level as Mahomes. I don't know that he ever could tbh. We need him to continue to improve mentally since last season and the early part of this year broke him. We also need to get better WRs and protect him better. But he definitely needs to get his ish back together. As I've said, I'm looking for him to cut out the stupid stuff and start showing signs of who he used to be the rest of this year.

He gave us glimpses on Sunday of 2016 Carr. Audibles changing plays at the line and throwing beautiful passes to nobody’s 

Archived