2019 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

1 hour ago, dante9876 said:

I agree. Josh a beast. Would definitely take him with our 2nd 1st. 

Plus his mentality this guy isn’t gonna tap out when things go bad he’s a grinder plus he’s a senior and a leader. One thing I’m scared about bama/Ohio st/Clemson etc Boys is they’re so used to winning and playing next to studs. How do they handle adversity or being in a rebuilding organization. Imo Mack’s “giant killer “ mentality coming from lil buffalo college is what drove him. I like guys like that. 

6 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Lolol what he’s a senior that helped bring Kentucky out of the dark into a ranked team in the sec. he’s played with crap his whole time in Kentucky.  y’all crazy he’s closer to von Miller than Bruce. I’d say Farrell from Clemson is more like Bruce all go but no technique. Josh is the total package with some of the best technique in the draft with the ability to drop into coverage him off the edge is strait nasty von style 

Georgia's Oline ERASED him. He had 1 solo tackle and spent the day picking himself up off the ground. 

I think he can be a solid player. Flashy even in the right system. I do not think he's a plug and play pass rusher. And I don't think Guenther's system is what would fit him. I can find 10 better fits for Guenther's defense in the first round.

48 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Georgia's Oline ERASED him. He had 1 solo tackle and spent the day picking himself up off the ground. 

I think he can be a solid player. Flashy even in the right system. I do not think he's a plug and play pass rusher. And I don't think Guenther's system is what would fit him. I can find 10 better fits for Guenther's defense in the first round.

who else does Kentucky have on defense I’ll wait...Georgia game planned very well vs Allen thought others would step up but they didn’t. It is what it is. Georgia also avoided him like crazy did Fromm even go over 100 yrds? Iirc it was Georgia’s rb’s going crazy. Dogg stop reading box scores and watch the games. Didn’t Josh Allen recover a fumble or 2 also

2 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

1- Bosa DE

1- Thompson S

1- Pratt

DE- Bosa

UT- Hurst/Hall

NT-Hankins/Jelly

DE- ?

OLB- Whitehead

MLB- Pratt

OLB- ?

CB- Worley

CB- Conely- Nelson

S- Joseph

S- Thompson

war Raiders! lets go!!

I been thinking deep about this.....  look at the elite teams in the NFL: Chiefs, Saints, Pats, Rams, Chargers Steelers all have how high powered offenses and so so defense.....maybe its smart to go offense heavy In the draft... look at a team like the Vikings with a great defense and so so offense line... average team

2 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

who else does Kentucky have on defense I’ll wait...Georgia game planned very well vs Allen thought others would step up but they didn’t. It is what it is. Georgia also avoided him like crazy did Fromm even go over 100 yrds? Iirc it was Georgia’s rb’s going crazy. Dogg stop reading box scores and watch the games. Didn’t Josh Allen recover a fumble or 2 also

God I’m so sick of the double and tripe team excuse. An elite first round prospect can consistently beat college double teams. 

27 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

God I’m so sick of the double and tripe team excuse. An elite first round prospect can consistently beat college double teams. 

Yup especially vs the 5th ranked team in the ncaa. 2 fumble recoveries and three tackles is unacceptable.

8 hours ago, IdigtheRaiders! said:

Hypothetical scenario (and my apologies if this has already been discussed previously) -- the Raiders have the 2nd or 3rd overall pick and miss out on Bosa. Any chance we move Hurst to DE and take Ed Oliver to play alongside Hall?

I mentioned in another thread that if the Raiders end up with Williams or Oliver instead of Bosa, that I would start Hurst at base end. Guenther has put Frostee Rucker and/or Clinton McDonald at end on early downs and I think Hurst could easily do the same. Plus, as much as he's a positive against the pass, Hurst is a liability on the inside against the run right now.

6 minutes ago, NJ Raider said:

I’d rather take Quinnen Williams in that scenario but do some 34 looks and draft an edge rusher like polite or burns

I also agree with this. In fact, I think a serious conversation should be had about taking Williams over Bosa because A) interior rushers are cheaper in the long run B) the depth at edge rusher in this class meshes well with the Raiders' late first and early second round picks (wouldn't mind taking two edge rushers with those).

On an unrelated note, I am not really loving what I'm seeing from the de facto #1 stack linebacker in Devin White. He reminds me of Jarrad Davis of the Lions with less burst. It also seems like he takes really bad angles toward the sidelines at times. He's better than any linebacker currently on the Raiders roster but I wouldn't take him over some of the corners that might be available with the team's second first round pick.

1 hour ago, Rich7sena said:

On an unrelated note, I am not really loving what I'm seeing from the de facto #1 stack linebacker in Devin White. He reminds me of Jarrad Davis of the Lions with less burst. It also seems like he takes really bad angles toward the sidelines at times. He's better than any linebacker currently on the Raiders roster but I wouldn't take him over some of the corners that might be available with the team's second first round pick.

Have you watched any Devin Bush? I'm becoming quite a fan.

Archived