2019 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Hard pass on Brown. Too small. And the whole “put on weight” thing never works out. And his frame can’t handle much weight anyways at 5’10”.

Crazy thing is that Brown has already put on near 40 lbs since he enrolled at Oklahoma.

Brown is not much different than DeDe Westbrook as a prospect honestly.

People can stop the Hill/Brown comparisons now.

Hill is an olympic level athlete. Brown ran a 100 meter in 11.53, Hill did it in under 10 seconds multiple times in his track career.

Hill runs a 40 in the low 4.2s. Dont try finding a player comp for Hill cuz you won't. He's a breed of athlete like few on the planet, not just in the league. He still holds NCAA records and his 100 and 200 meter times would've been competition among even Usain Bolt. He's that fast.

On 11/24/2018 at 7:38 PM, Rich7sena said:

Not a fan of Brown with any of the top 4 picks. He’s fast but I don’t see an advance route runner or exceptional hands or anything else that stands out.

John Ross was twice the prospect and even he’s have trouble producing. Receiver has been the toughest position for me to evaluate. Unless it’s a can’t miss type player, I prefer stocking up on mid rounders.

6. Along the lines of that question, from one AFC college scouting director: “[Oklahoma WR] Marquise Brown solidified himself as a top-40 pick—stepped up when his team needed him.” I asked if the 5'10", 168-pound burner compares to DeSean Jackson (just the name that popped in my head). “To some, he would,” said this evaluator. “DeSean had the return factor, DeSean was a little scarier with the ball in his hands. But Brown has better hands and is a little better of a route runner at the same point.” Translation: Brown, who went for 243 yards and two scores on 11 catches, can play.

I don't see how you can watch Hollywood and not see his hands or route running ability @Rich7sena 

10 hours ago, riceman80 said:

People can stop the Hill/Brown comparisons now.

Hill is an olympic level athlete. Brown ran a 100 meter in 11.53, Hill did it in under 10 seconds multiple times in his track career.

Hill runs a 40 in the low 4.2s. Dont try finding a player comp for Hill cuz you won't. He's a breed of athlete like few on the planet, not just in the league. He still holds NCAA records and his 100 and 200 meter times would've been competition among even Usain Bolt. He's that fast.

Brown ran 100m in 10.50 atleast get it right. 

7 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I don't see how you can watch Hollywood and not see his hands or route running ability @Rich7sena 

I'm saying I don't see exceptional hands or route running. I don't think the Big 12 challenges receivers to the point where you can make definitive statements about either--particularly route running and catching in traffic.

4 hours ago, roi34 said:

As much as I'd like brown is still take N'keal over him. 

I'd rather draft Brown than N'Keal Harry. With Brown, I know the floor: a stretch the field threat who can also return and be effective of sweeps and screens.

Harry, to me, is an X-only receiver in the mold of Alshon Jeffery who doesn't get open easy but will occasionally make spectacular catches in traffic. I think Jeffery is his upside and his floor is Laquon Treadwell. Good big receivers like A.J. Green and Julio Jones are super rare and I don't think Harry is in that mold. I'd definitely take a look at the middle of the second onward, though.

17 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

• AJ Brown
  • N'Keal Harry
  • Marquise Brown
  • Deebo Samuel
  • Parris Campbell
  • DK Metcalf
  • Riley Ridley
  • Chase Claypool
  • Kelvin Harmon

good value in the second for WR....

I wouldn't mind trading back into the second round to pick one, but I probably would mind taking one at the top of the second and definitely in the first round.

10 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

I wouldn't mind trading back into the second round to pick one, but I probably would mind taking one at the top of the second and definitely in the first round.

starting to think

• 1st- DL
  • 1st-DL
  • 1st-LB
  • 2nd-WR
  • 3rd-WR

sign vet safety and resign Cook and a RT

12 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

starting to think

• 1st- DL
  • 1st-DL
  • 1st-LB
  • 2nd-WR
  • 3rd-WR

sign vet safety and resign Cook and a RT

I feel like it should be:

1. DL

1. Corner

1. Linebacker

2. DL/Linebacker

Who knows how things play out in free agency and as the draft gets closer, though.

57 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

I feel like it should be:

1. DL

1. Corner

1. Linebacker

2. DL/Linebacker

Who knows how things play out in free agency and as the draft gets closer, though.

DL - pass rusher Def top

Corner may wind up being best value or stud safety.

And agree again DT/De rusher or LB of one falls to us

Then I'd go WR/OT

WR/BPA

3 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

I'd rather draft Brown than N'Keal Harry. With Brown, I know the floor: a stretch the field threat who can also return and be effective of sweeps and screens.

Harry, to me, is an X-only receiver in the mold of Alshon Jeffery who doesn't get open easy but will occasionally make spectacular catches in traffic. I think Jeffery is his upside and his floor is Laquon Treadwell. Good big receivers like A.J. Green and Julio Jones are super rare and I don't think Harry is in that mold. I'd definitely take a look at the middle of the second onward, though.

Brown is my #1. As I've stated previously. But sadly I see us going def at least first two picks

22 minutes ago, roi34 said:

Brown is my #1. As I've stated previously. But sadly I see us going def at least first two picks

I wouldn't take any receiver I've seen before the 2nd round. Even then, I don't think there are any receivers in this draft who are definitely better than some projected free agents.

I would rather sign 2-3 guys in free agency than spend a round 1 or 2 draft pick on a position that traditionally takes among the longest to develop, typically has a high bust rate, and whose upside is limited.

Defensive players seem to be the safest picks to produce early and not abjectly bust. Also, this team's defense is atrocious and has been for as long as I can remember. This season, I'd like to see money spent on offense in free agency and draft capital spent on defense.

Archived