2019 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

19 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I’m just saying odds are all of our picks will be defense cause of BPA. It’s a defense heavy draft. Most mocks I see have like 25 defensive players going in the 1st Round. 

If you're saying that's a likelihood, you're 100% wrong. An offensive HC, a team bereft of skill players, expensive Gs, there's no doubt at least 1 of those picks will be offense, probably 2 or even 3..  

4 hours ago, holyghost said:

If you're saying that's a likelihood, you're 100% wrong. An offensive HC, a team bereft of skill players, expensive Gs, there's no doubt at least 1 of those picks will be offense, probably 2 or even 3..  

If we draft 3 offensive players in first rd. I really dont know what the logic would be behind that. 

1 minute ago, dante9876 said:

Remember when everybody thought bears pick would be a high one or a decent one. Goid times. Dallas and bears are going to the playoffs. Poor Gruden. 

Our delusions were strong. We wanted those picks to be high and tried to twist logic to make it seem real. Good times ohhhhhhh yeah! We’re so luck we got em good times

1 hour ago, dante9876 said:

Remember when everybody thought bears pick would be a high one or a decent one. Goid times. Dallas and bears are going to the playoffs. Poor Gruden. 

I can't really think of any team that doesn't drastically improve with adding Mack. Not sure who we could have sent him to once the decision was made.

7 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Cowboys won again.. Bears going to win again.. we win a meaningless game.... we are never going to be good again LMAO... funny at this point

'Just win baby'. And even though that is a slogan, i do believe that you are never going to be great by losing (even if it means you lose your #1 draft spot).

So I would start looking a the positives, first of all i hate going into sundays knowing we will lose, so winning really makes my day. 

But more importantly, imo going 1-15 is a serious hickup and potential killer to Grudens 2nd Raiders term, and with him being tied up this long it would make the next couple of years the same old **** again.

70% of this roster is or should be gone at the end of the year and i could care less, but there is a group of 10-15 players that should be kept around and should be the base around which we start the rebuild. These are the guys that should be wanting to play hard for Gruden&themselves. Continuining into a 1-15 season would imo likely result in losing the whole locker room including that core, which makes next year a loss as well imo.

In additiong going 1-15 and keeping the regime responsible for this (since Gruden is here for the long term) makes it very unlikely we would be in a position to sign good FA's unless we massively overpay.

Going 2-14 isn't going to make a difference compared to 1-15, however winning a couple of games in the last stretch of the season would be a big help in keeping the core of the roster on board and changing the narrative around the league about the direction of this team. So yeah, i am happy we got the win, and will be rooting massively to win at least another 2 or 3 in the final games of the season.

1 hour ago, Silver&Black88 said:

I can't really think of any team that doesn't drastically improve with adding Mack. Not sure who we could have sent him to once the decision was made.

The jets. The offensive coaching staff is garbage and darnold isnt ready yet. I would had put my chips all in on them still being pretty bad. 2 firsts from them would had at least been top 10 and top 15. 

Archived