2019 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

I know you guys like Josh Allen but idk, he kind of scares me. Very skilled individual though.. 

Saw someone compare him to Bruce Irvin coming out and I think that's a good comparison. Will need the right system to succeed. Hard pass from me.

6 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Saw someone compare him to Bruce Irvin coming out and I think that's a good comparison. Will need the right system to succeed. Hard pass from me.

Would really like to avoid the boom or bust guys. Saw a lot of Zach Cunningham, Bruce Irvin, and Leonard Floyd comparisons and was like wut? How is that a good thing. He’s not the next Bosa, Mack, Von, etc. He’s a hybrid guy for the right system. 

Brian Burns stock is rising fast. BP brought attention to him a long time ago. Do you like what you see? Is he worth the 2nd round pick or do you go assuming they are there K’Neal or Josh Allen. 

Depending on who we get with out first pick and hopefully Bosa obviously but if we miss out do we go Oliver or Williams? Or trade down? I have a feeling Gruden will pick a QB 2-4 area and BP seems to be right all the time like reading Gruden’s mind Will Grier or Lock. Please off-season just get here hand the trophy to the Saints already lol

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Would really like to avoid the boom or bust guys. Saw a lot of Zach Cunningham, Bruce Irvin, and Leonard Floyd comparisons and was like wut? How is that a good thing. He’s not the next Bosa, Mack, Von, etc. He’s a hybrid guy for the right system. 

We don’t even have a system yet so..... plinko might not be the best choice

6 hours ago, Gannon12 said:

Brian Burns stock is rising fast. BP brought attention to him a long time ago. Do you like what you see? Is he worth the 2nd round pick or do you go assuming they are there K’Neal or Josh Allen. 

Burns is projected as a round 1 pick. He's got an explosive first step. Very disruptive. IMO, you need 2 pass rushers on your team. So it will be interesting sorting through them all in this class.

I don't touch Josh Allen at all. Harry, I'm still torn on. 

8 hours ago, Gannon12 said:

Not worth the ticket then. Probably needs an already to do well defense

Lolol what he’s a senior that helped bring Kentucky out of the dark into a ranked team in the sec. he’s played with crap his whole time in Kentucky.  y’all crazy he’s closer to von Miller than Bruce. I’d say Farrell from Clemson is more like Bruce all go but no technique. Josh is the total package with some of the best technique in the draft with the ability to drop into coverage him off the edge is strait nasty von style 

9 hours ago, Gannon12 said:

Depending on who we get with out first pick and hopefully Bosa obviously but if we miss out do we go Oliver or Williams? Or trade down? I have a feeling Gruden will pick a QB 2-4 area and BP seems to be right all the time like reading Gruden’s mind Will Grier or Lock. Please off-season just get here hand the trophy to the Saints already lol

Burns is the guy I like. Not only do I think he will be straight up better than Josh Allen, you can get him later. 

3 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Lolol what he’s a senior that helped bring Kentucky out of the dark into a ranked team in the sec. he’s played with crap his whole time in Kentucky.  y’all crazy he’s closer to von Miller than Bruce. I’d say Farrell from Clemson is more like Bruce all go but no technique. Josh is the total package with some of the best technique in the draft with the ability to drop into coverage him off the edge is strait nasty von style 

I agree. Josh a beast. Would definitely take him with our 2nd 1st. 

What we need between now and the draft is going to change a lot.  Where these players are projected to go can swing quite a bit also.  I see Burns as a player that his combine is going to have a major impact on him since he is so light.  Might be a SLB, 3-4 OLB, or a situational pas rusher.  Needs 30 lbs to be an every down DE and that could very easily impact his ability to get to the QB.  Some teams might have him as a late day 2 pick while others have him as a top ten.  A team that over values him could be a great trading partner.

Archived